Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] STEINS;GATE ELITE - $10 off pre-orders (Std and LE)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2019 3:16 pm
[OP]
Nov 15, 2013
416 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] STEINS;GATE ELITE - $10 off pre-orders (Std and LE)

Switch Standard - $69.99
Switch LE - $109.99
PS4 Standard - $69.99
PS4 LE - $109.99

A bit of a niche game/genre. For those who loved the anime, this should be a real treat when it releases.

EDIT: same prices at Bestbuy.ca as well
Images
  • 711NECojmZL._SL1500_.jpg
  • SteinsGate-PS4-Limited-Edition-Glam-Shot (1).jpg
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2960 posts
2589 upvotes
Ottawa
This will be the crowning jewel for visual novels. Already had it preordered, but hope others get it too.

Very happy that the PS4 version comes with Linear Bounded Phenogram, which prior to now was only available in Japan on PS3/X360 and wasn't localized.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2077 posts
2151 upvotes
What is this exactly?
Anime in game form?

Is it like the PC game?
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
[OP]
Nov 15, 2013
416 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 1:31 pm
This will be the crowning jewel for visual novels. Already had it preordered, but hope others get it too.

Very happy that the PS4 version comes with Linear Bounded Phenogram, which prior to now was only available in Japan on PS3/X360 and wasn't localized.
I haven't had a chance to play the Vita games, or any other version actually. So the Switch option definitely has me excited. I've heard people complaining about Elite due to the graphics being used from the anime. Whereas the art from the previous games was unique. I'm impartial...

EDIT: thank you for the DV for "not a good price" whoever you are, lol
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18719 posts
5428 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Gotta love the arbitrary nonsense names for this stuff.
Nov 19, 2005
238 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 1:31 pm
Was going to order the Switch version for the portable aspect, but the PS4 exclusive Linear Bounded Phenogram os making me change my mind.
Oct 23, 2008
62 posts
40 upvotes
So this is a new Steins Gate game that's based on the anime, which was based on the original game...?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2960 posts
2589 upvotes
Ottawa
Jomy wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 3:43 pm
So this is a new Steins Gate game that's based on the anime, which was based on the original game...?
Steins;Gate the anime is based on the visual novel. This is the original visual novel, except it uses the anime for its visuals.

Which is as far as I know the first of its kind for a visual novel to do, so I guess I understand the confusion.
SynGamer wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 3:10 pm
I haven't had a chance to play the Vita games, or any other version actually. So the Switch option definitely has me excited. I've heard people complaining about Elite due to the graphics being used from the anime. Whereas the art from the previous games was unique. I'm impartial...

EDIT: thank you for the DV for "not a good price" whoever you are, lol
Yeah, but then you'll have people on PS4 complain about the static images if they just ported the original VN. So you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

With this, it's definitely a visual overhaul, to say the least. If people want the original graphics, play the original game. Pretty simple.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Oct 23, 2008
62 posts
40 upvotes
Batarang wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 4:01 pm
Steins;Gate the anime is based on the visual novel. This is the original visual novel, except it uses the anime for its visuals.

Which is as far as I know the first of its kind for a visual novel to do, so I guess I understand the confusion.
Ah yeah, I meant game/visual novel. Thanks for clearing that up.
[OP]
Nov 15, 2013
416 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote:

Yeah, but then you'll have people on PS4 complain about the static images if they just ported the original VN. So you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

With this, it's definitely a visual overhaul, to say the least. If people want the original graphics, play the original game. Pretty simple.
Personally, I love the idea of them using the original animation, brings more authenticity to the experience.
Nov 19, 2005
238 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote:
Yep, this is exactly what I think. The original game is available on steam for only $33.99, and since it's a visual novel it's not exactly graphically demanding, I'd imagine most PCs will be able to run it. I think this approach is perfect, especially for people who are introduced to the series by the anime.

Which for anyone reading not familiar with the series, it is a phenomenal anime worth checking out even if you're normally not into anime. It's a VERY good sci-fi drama that puts most live action sci-fi series to shame..
Oct 25, 2012
27 posts
17 upvotes
Maple
Thanks OP!
I literally just put a preorder in at EBGames yesterday.
Time to cancel that.