• Jun 4th, 2016 2:14 pm
Tags:
None
10 replies
Dec 1, 2010
204 posts
148 upvotes
Windsor
FYI - No mention of being listed with CSA or UL.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3522 posts
1567 upvotes
Ottawa
socioguru wrote: FYI - No mention of being listed with CSA or UL.
you can see in the image it's got the ETL stamp. They're a standards body similar to CSA and UL.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2008
1501 posts
1409 upvotes
Ontario
Keep in mind with this to use 10 Amp max tools.
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
thats a very light duty extension cord. be sure you really need 100 feet of cord before buying this because if you can get away with a 50 footer you will get much more usefulness out of the cord even though the rating is only 30% more current on the 50 footer. Longer really isn't better with extension cords, it just means less power makes it through and more birds nests to untangle unless you really need that length
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10833 posts
5095 upvotes
I have normal prime and i get the discount also.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3533 posts
1598 upvotes
'Shwallywood
shylok wrote: you can see in the image it's got the ETL stamp. They're a standards body similar to CSA and UL.
ETL is a red flag to me. You'll find their stamp on shoddy products, either cause they failed CSA/UL or the company wanted to get the product to the market faster so they spent more $$$ to get it through with less rigorous testing (at least it seems)
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3522 posts
1567 upvotes
Ottawa
Lolll. It's a international standards certification body. You have your opinions and the world has its facts. All good.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3657 posts
1846 upvotes
Vancouver
nellium wrote: ETL is a red flag to me. You'll find their stamp on shoddy products, either cause they failed CSA/UL or the company wanted to get the product to the market faster so they spent more $$$ to get it through with less rigorous testing (at least it seems)
Yeah, all those stupid Europeans using ETL, TUV etc. certified products ... /sarcasm
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3657 posts
1846 upvotes
Vancouver
newdeal wrote: thats a very light duty extension cord. be sure you really need 100 feet of cord before buying this because if you can get away with a 50 footer you will get much more usefulness out of the cord
These are perfect if you need to power some lights. 1250W can easily carry 12 100W incadescent bulbs ... even better if you have LEDs or even CFLs.