Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Subi | Best Green Superfood

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 10:58 am
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
5751 posts
16402 upvotes
Kitchener
What is "superfood"?
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Member
Nov 11, 2003
482 posts
344 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought this a while ago, can’t stand the taste. Even the little scoop included over powers my smoothies or protein drinks
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3655 posts
7141 upvotes
Tastes like ass and does nothing. Dunno why I bought it last time
Public Mobile customer
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2017
976 posts
1296 upvotes
Ontario
Doesn't give me huge muscles like a can of spinach does, fake product
Newbie
Feb 7, 2019
13 posts
5 upvotes
Purchased! Thank you kindly for posting this.
Member
User avatar
Apr 5, 2012
367 posts
252 upvotes
RICHMOND
For anyone wondering about the taste, this stuff does not taste good at all mixed with water or milk. However, mixing it with chocolate milk or juice/oasis smoothies tastes great. I'm someone who likes matcha so I was surprised it tasted so bad on it's own.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
Purchased. Subi is the real deal with awesome ingrediants and fresh taste that really comes through. I have more focus, energy, better digestive health and sleep better. I've been drinking MacroLife Naturals from Costco due to the sweeter taste (stevia) and the better regular price for a 3 month supply. It's also very high quality. But Subi always tastes more fresh. Buy the naturally flavoured ones if you don't like neautral/raw taste of Subi because it's quite pronounced.
Last edited by thelasthunter on Jan 29th, 2020 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
NowJoJo wrote: What is "superfood"?
what is super antioxidant, what is veggie burger, what is vitamin in a capsule, what is powdered nutrition of any kind? The list goes on and on. It's called marketing a product. Don't by coy, this is how shit gets sold and this product definitely has a real need for people whose diet , for whatever reason, is light on veggies.
For Sale:
Member
Aug 26, 2019
367 posts
436 upvotes
The6ix
thelasthunter wrote: what is super antioxidant, what is veggie burger, what is vitamin in a capsule, what is powdered nutrition of any kind? The list goes on and on. It's called marketing a product. Don't by coy, this is how shit gets sold and this product definitely has a real need for people whose diet , for whatever reason, is light on veggies.
Agreed. IMO if you eat well, not much, mainly greens then you are already getting good doses of antioxidants. I currently work in the field of antioxidants, I think it's a sad excuse taking a supplement with no verifiable evidence. It's all hype and marketing like you say.

Not many people follow nutrition label servings properly. Go weigh out a serving of your favorite pasta (probably anywhere from 80-90 g) and see the quantity when you do weigh it. Triple that and that is what generally people eat in one meal sitting. Even if you do not have the financial means for fresh produce, simply (maybe not?) being conscious of your serving size is the best start.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 2, 2008
1035 posts
1532 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
NowJoJo wrote: What is "superfood"?
As others have said, superfood = marketing term.


For anyone who's interested, here's a good primer on antioxidants. Highly recommend reading it before (or hopefully instead of) buying any of these types of products.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2014
1459 posts
1395 upvotes
Montreal
Love it every morning in my smoothie mixed with almond or coconut milk + a banana, taste perfect
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6385 posts
6235 upvotes
brghunter wrote: As others have said, superfood = marketing term.


For anyone who's interested, here's a good primer on antioxidants. Highly recommend reading it before (or hopefully instead of) buying any of these types of products.
Did you look at the product in the OP? This particular one seems to be 100% ground vegetables, absolutely no added flavours, chemicals or supplements. The flavored ones contain stevia, so not sure about those ones.

Is it that horrible to add a scoop to a smoothie or something?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
16182 posts
3992 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
superfresh89 wrote: Did you look at the product in the OP? This particular one seems to be 100% ground vegetables, absolutely no added flavours, chemicals or supplements. The flavored ones contain stevia, so not sure about those ones.

Is it that horrible to add a scoop to a smoothie or something?
Just add cup of spinach. Cheaper and probably more nutrients.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)