Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Sun Bum Clear Zinc Oxide Face Cream, SPF 50, 30 mL, was $12.99, now $4.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 7:56 pm
[OP]
Newbie
May 18, 2011
58 posts
135 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Sun Bum Clear Zinc Oxide Face Cream, SPF 50, 30 mL, was $12.99, now $4.99

Sun Bum Clear Zinc Oxide Face Cream, SPF 50, 30 mL
Was $12.99, now $4.99

All time low on triple camel. Possibly playing with closer expiration dates but who knows with Amazon.
Also qualifies for S&S!

Yes, this is a small jar. Fits nicely in a purse or travel bag.
If it doesn't suit you, there is another sunscreen thread floating around RFD that might interest you.

Sunscreen Cream > sunscreen lotion > sunscreen spray > nothing.
Images
  • sunbum3.jpg
  • sunbum2.jpg
  • sunbum1.jpg
34 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2405 posts
1410 upvotes
Prepare to look like a ghost!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3622 posts
672 upvotes
Toronto
30mL for $5 a hot deal? Anything special about this stuff?
Sr. Member
Jan 27, 2011
520 posts
364 upvotes
zinc. with zinc, the idea my dermatologist friend tells me is that it creates a "physical barrier".*
i usually go for neutragena sheer zinc which is $15/30ml on amazon rn for comparison's sake.

*this doesn't make intuitive sense to me, as i'd assume all sun screens/creams are physical barriers on the surface of the skin...but i'm not an md.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5276 posts
3743 upvotes
Vancouver
All sunscreen are being cleared out because summer is basically over...
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
2091 posts
1320 upvotes
Toronto
Paigne wrote: All sunscreen are being cleared out because summer is basically over...
The sun still exists outside of summer. People should be applying sunscreen in any season with sun exposure.
Jr. Member
Feb 17, 2007
102 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
DarkReaper wrote: The sun still exists outside of summer. People should be applying sunscreen in any season with sun exposure.
Not disagreeing for you said. Previous poster was just pointing out that in general, sunscreen demand decreases when summer is over.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 17, 2004
4913 posts
1031 upvotes
Ordered 2 with S&S.

Thanks op
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Newbie
Mar 28, 2011
30 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Paigne wrote: All sunscreen are being cleared out because summer is basically over...
Uv rays exists even in winter. Sunscreen protects you from uv.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3923 posts
2854 upvotes
Calgary
I get the zinc but I don't get nor want the "bum" part of it esp for anything going on the face.

Could be just me but Sun Bum is a terrible name for a face cream Face Screaming In Fear

Lucky I don't need sunscreen Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24391 posts
31332 upvotes
jags_the1 wrote: Uv rays exists even in winter. Sunscreen protects you from uv.
Dermatologists recommend year-around sunscreen.

I would recommend ensuring your car is UV-shielded as well.

If you can find long sleeve shirts and pants that are cool and comfortable year-round, take up that clothing style. Make it business formal wear and you'll get respect to boot, and you'll carry yourself accordingly (and hopefully vote accordingly).

The above holds especially true if you're fair like myself, but also applies to the tinted crowd.

Everyone is at risk, and Vitamin D is a supplement away.

God bless.
.
Member
Jul 3, 2017
255 posts
711 upvotes
soupman wrote: zinc. with zinc, the idea my dermatologist friend tells me is that it creates a "physical barrier".*
apparently they're also less effective.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/w ... story.html
The FDA says that there’s enough evidence to conclude that titanium dioxide and zinc oxide — ingredients that are used in mineral (sometimes called “natural”) sunscreen products — don’t warrant the same health concerns as chemical sunscreen ingredients such as oxybenzone. That’s because they sit on the surface of the skin and aren’t absorbed. But some experts, including those at Consumer Reports, note that they also don’t necessarily protect the skin as well as sunscreens with chemical ingredients.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5276 posts
3743 upvotes
Vancouver
jags_the1 wrote: Uv rays exists even in winter. Sunscreen protects you from uv.
Except you are less likely to be exposed for long periods in the winter due to not hanging out at beaches, not as likely to go camping, hiking, etc. While I do agree it’s not useless, the demand for it is far lower outside of summer (at least in Canada). It is a good time to stock up if the expiry isn’t until end of next summer however.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6968 posts
4694 upvotes
SW ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: I would recommend ensuring your car is UV-shielded as well.
Cars are always UV-shielded. UV can penetrate only quartz glass. It's blocked by everything else. You don't get tan from the sun through your window. I wear transition glasses, they are dark outside but in the car they are completely transparent. Pretty much everything will block UV except quartz glass. Even super-cheap sunglasses.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24391 posts
31332 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Cars are always UV-shielded. UV can penetrate only quartz glass. It's blocked by everything else. You don't get tan from the sun through your window. I wear transition glasses, they are dark outside but in the car they are completely transparent. Pretty much everything will block UV except quartz glass. Even super-cheap sunglasses.
Fair, I stand by the rest.
.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6968 posts
4694 upvotes
SW ON
skwaired wrote: Sun Bum Clear Zinc Oxide Face Cream, SPF 50, 30 mL
Beware that zinc oxide is only one of the 4 sunscreens in the ingredients list. Have a look at the first attached picture. The other three are those unstable organic sunscreens I prefer to avoid.
Newbie
Mar 29, 2006
56 posts
37 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Cars are always UV-shielded. UV can penetrate only quartz glass. It's blocked by everything else. You don't get tan from the sun through your window. I wear transition glasses, they are dark outside but in the car they are completely transparent. Pretty much everything will block UV except quartz glass. Even super-cheap sunglasses.
That's not true...where do people come up with this stuff. See below:

https://www.skincancer.org/blog/surpris ... tomobiles/

"While glass blocks UVB rays pretty well, it doesn’t block UVA rays. Windshields are treated to shield drivers from some UVA, but side, back and sunroof windows usually aren’t. So when you’re in your car, you should protect yourself and your family from that sunlight shining through the glass."

Same applies for house windows. Ever notice household items exposed to sun through the windows aging/fading faster than those not in the sun...

Top