• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 10:41 pm
[OP]
Feb 25, 2016
67 posts
54 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Sun Joe 20-Inch Manual Reel Mower. 47% $82+8% ebates

Hi folks
I was tracking this in CCC. Lowest price. Too bad i couldn't wait and got it in September.
Good reel mower. I'm very happy with it.
Don't forget ebates
Buy now thank me later
8 replies
[OP]
Feb 25, 2016
67 posts
54 upvotes
They have got other deals in summer equipment like leaf blowers but not sure how good they are in terms of value for money
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1212 posts
163 upvotes
Reviews seem decent. It says maintenance free but do you know if you have to sharpen the blades every now and then?
[OP]
Feb 25, 2016
67 posts
54 upvotes
Yes you should. I would say every three or four years if light use.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3559 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Had one (not this brand), they are good when the grass is short. If the grass get remotely long or a bit wet, it's not going to cut well. I would recommend getting an electric mower instead to be honest.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
thephenom wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:46 am
Had one (not this brand), they are good when the grass is short. If the grass get remotely long or a bit wet, it's not going to cut well. I would recommend getting an electric mower instead to be honest.
Yup, same experience here. I was also cheap and got a manual reel mower at first based on glowing reviews from environmental sites and then quickly bought an electric. I'm going to give my reel mowers away for free, they are useless. Don't believe anything you read about how good reel mowers are, they suck.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4213 posts
640 upvotes
Edmonton
Triple same. I got a lee valley reel mower and it’s works well but not nearly as good as a gasser. If you are anal about your lawn this is an excellent trimmer to keep it just right but if your joe blow mow once a week good luck. Your lawn will look like a mess.

I was all for manual green no gas and the likes. The reel mower did not last long before I replaced it.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1168 posts
272 upvotes
Winnipeg
Save yourself some time and wait for a garage sale in the spring, to get a hold of these old style mowers..., sometimes people just get rid of them...
I think my Oldman still has one, If your in winnipeg give me a PM and I'll just give it too u..Winking Face
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2449 posts
208 upvotes
Winnipeg
thephenom wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:46 am
sixshot28 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:30 am
Save yourself some time and wait for a garage sale in the spring, to get a hold of these old style mowers..., sometimes people just get rid of them...
I think my Oldman still has one, If your in winnipeg give me a PM and I'll just give it too u..Winking Face
I may take you up on that offer. They have always intrigued me.