Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Sun Joe AJ801E 12-Amp 13-Inch Electric Dethatcher and Scarifier $123.99 (Save $74)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 10:51 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 3, 2020
105 posts
123 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Sun Joe AJ801E 12-Amp 13-Inch Electric Dethatcher and Scarifier $123.99 (Save $74)

Sun Joe AJ801E 12-Amp 13-Inch Electric Dethatcher and Scarifier w/Removeable 8-Gallon Collection Bag, 5-Position Height Adjustment, Airboost Technology Increases Lawn Health

Was down to $146 (same as Home Depot) and is showing as $123.99.

Bought from Home Depot but UPS asked for $127 import fee (see the last 2 pages of home-depot-sun-joe-dethatcher-scarifier ... 2-2483176/).

Just ordered from Amazon now and then deal with the huge hassle caused by Home Depot/UPS later.
Images
  • SunJoe.PNG
Last edited by ValeDecem on Aug 25th, 2021 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
16 replies
Newbie
Sep 23, 2017
89 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, nice finding. Ordered.

Indeed, gonna ditch HD, had to refuse it from doorstep.
Sr. Member
Nov 23, 2006
515 posts
313 upvotes
Ontario
Great price it seems! Now to figure out of it's worth buying now at this price knowing I probably won't need it for a long time. Just got my lawn sodded a couple weeks ago so would be a no go for at least a year.
Member
Sep 26, 2008
283 posts
113 upvotes
Longueuil
Extra savings if order from warehouse for $111. Says used-very good condition, damaged box. I've never ordered from the warehouse deals before so wonder if it's just ones people have returned for free claiming defective or damaged box like you say to do.
Member
Jun 19, 2009
253 posts
591 upvotes
Winnipeg
Had the UPS import fee issue. refused delivery yesterday. Reordered at $146.. and just chatted with Amazon.ca and they gave me a $22 credit back on my order.

Didn't know amazon.ca changed their price adjustment policy in June 2021. Now you have to cancel and rebuy. But luckily i got a 1 time adjustment from the rep.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 12, 2003
4224 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto
avnebbie wrote: Extra savings if order from warehouse for $111. Says used-very good condition, damaged box. I've never ordered from the warehouse deals before so wonder if it's just ones people have returned for free claiming defective or damaged box like you say to do.
Not worth to save $11 for the unknown condition.
Member
Apr 21, 2008
355 posts
456 upvotes
Should I be dethatching now? Or wait until September?

This recent Ontario heatwave has turned my grass brown. Not sure if that makes it better or worse to dethatch
Member
May 27, 2016
442 posts
195 upvotes
Uxbridge, ON
mighty_chef wrote: Should I be dethatching now? Or wait until September?

This recent Ontario heatwave has turned my grass brown. Not sure if that makes it better or worse to dethatch
Definitely wait till the majority of heat goes away before dethatching because the process is rough on your lawn. That said, could be between early September or early November.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4215 posts
9617 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
great deal, on thing to stock up on are parts that need to be replace in the future since Sun/Snow Joe tends to remove there part very early in the life cycle of the equipment. one reason I stop buying there items, and but Greenworks.

AJ801E-BELT Replacement Belt for AJ801E
https://snowjoe.com/products/aj801e-bel ... for-aj801e

Replacement Scarifier Blade for AJ801E
https://snowjoe.com/products/replacemen ... for-aj801e

Replacement Dethatcher Cylinder with 24 Tines for AJ801E
https://snowjoe.com/products/replacemen ... for-aj801e
58
Member
Jul 16, 2009
256 posts
94 upvotes
wcheng wrote: Had the UPS import fee issue. refused delivery yesterday. Reordered at $146.. and just chatted with Amazon.ca and they gave me a $22 credit back on my order.

Didn't know amazon.ca changed their price adjustment policy in June 2021. Now you have to cancel and rebuy. But luckily i got a 1 time adjustment from the rep.
You have to make sure they actually do it. I asked earlier and never saw it happened. Followed up and same thing. Now I'm just reordering it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 1, 2007
1070 posts
444 upvotes
St Thomas
Going to take back my Home Depot purchase thanks to the 6 month return policy. At $146 ish, I was fine paying $198 on it in June. But now that’s down to $124, I’ll do the return at HD. Only used once so far.
RFD Proud since 07.
Newbie
Apr 5, 2013
51 posts
36 upvotes
Just as I ordered on Thursday of course…. Amazon won’t do price match and it’s too much trouble to shop it back.. lol they just issued me a $5.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1328 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
jello_bob wrote: Going to take back my Home Depot purchase thanks to the 6 month return policy. At $146 ish, I was fine paying $198 on it in June. But now that’s down to $124, I’ll do the return at HD. Only used once so far.
Return the new one when you receive from Amazon...please
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 1, 2007
1070 posts
444 upvotes
St Thomas
tunglete wrote: Return the new one when you receive from Amazon...please
Yes that’s the plan. Partially because it’s far too inconvenient to take apart and package the HD one and also because I’m hopeful that this way they can at least resell it. I don’t have the HD ones box any more which is main reason for hold up.
Hopefully the UPCs match avoiding any headaches.
RFD Proud since 07.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6685 posts
5220 upvotes
avnebbie wrote: Extra savings if order from warehouse for $111. Says used-very good condition, damaged box. I've never ordered from the warehouse deals before so wonder if it's just ones people have returned for free claiming defective or damaged box like you say to do.
Could be brand new, could be used for a season.. For $12 savings it's not worth it, in my opinion.

Top