[Amazon.ca] Sunny SF-B1002 Belt Drive Spin Bike 49 lb Flywheel $295.72

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2020 1:38 am
[OP]
Feb 21, 2007
833 posts
557 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Sunny SF-B1002 Belt Drive Spin Bike 49 lb Flywheel $295.72

Last edited by lanslord on Dec 9th, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Jun 10, 2011
609 posts
535 upvotes
was hoping for a peloton.
But in all seriousness though, if someone is looking to exercise at home, get a Rowing machine . It's a lot more fun and you get to work out more than just your lower body.
Bought a XTERRA ERG600W for 699$ during Black friday, best purchased I've made.
Last edited by sobig on Dec 10th, 2019 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3480 upvotes
The NORTH
Here for the comments...
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2490 posts
1540 upvotes
Why would she be on the bike if she already appears fit??? I bet her abusive husband is behind this.
Jun 26, 2019
330 posts
810 upvotes
Sunny Fitness is just selling Alibaba equipment (i.e. they do not engineer/design these products). What this means is that the designs are just a copy-paste of real companies designs with certain things changed to reduce manufacturing costs (i.e. swap high quality bearings for low quality ones, weaker frame, shittier welds). I looked into the designs that most Alibaba manufacturers use and it appears that they mostly use older inferior designs with fundamental problems (e.g. just check youtube to get an idea of the bearing setup).

Another problem is that Sunny sells 32 different spin bike models so I doubt they sell the same model for very long. This makes it harder to troubleshoot problems as less people have your specific model and also harder to find parts since each model is so different. Sunny does sell parts if you contact them but there is no guarantee that they have the part you need. I checked the manual for this bike and it luckily includes a full parts list. Bearings are ones you can get at Princess Auto for cheap. The belt however is very unique (it's metric - not even McMaster-Carr or Misumi carry these) and I couldn't find an easy source for it. You would likely have to contact one of the transmission belt stores on Aliexpress and ask them to help you get it but it would only cost you like $10 max.

Most of the complaints with the Sunny bikes relate to noise, which is likely caused by the bearings crapping out, belt stretching, or frame bending (causing the first two problems). I should also state at this point that Sunny's warranty does not cover labour and is very short for parts. If you do have an issue, they'll just ship you the parts (but no tools) and give you a general video.

If you check Alibaba, you'll see that bikes like this range in the price of $80 to $100 USD. So accounting for shipping and landing costs, the bike's raw cost is around $200 CAD, so about $100 in markup (likely some of that covering Amazon fees).

In the future, you'll see that all of these bikes will be belt driven with magnetic resistance as the cost difference is low or lower than chain/friction setups. You'll also see that legit companies will have to lower their product costs to compete. The first company you'll see this with is Concept2 and their rower, ski, and bike machines as so many companies are 100% knocking them off - tons for sale in the US.

Examples of Concept2 rowing machine clones:
- https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/B11BCB09076 ... rower.html
- https://www.getrxd.com/xebexrower.html
- https://www.amazon.com/Lifecore-R100-Co ... B000IY84HY
Last edited by dealzhuntr on Dec 9th, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mar 7, 2017
64 posts
54 upvotes
Jokes aside, is this bike decent? I was actually considering buying it today.
Jul 23, 2011
633 posts
1601 upvotes
Ottawa
“Sunny”

Is that code for Hot blonde?
[OP]
Feb 21, 2007
833 posts
557 upvotes
Picture updated to make this an even *hotter* deal. LOL
Dec 12, 2013
246 posts
124 upvotes
Mississauga
I ordered one today. Very decent reviews. I needed something new to hang my cloths on.
Oct 16, 2008
441 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
w1ntersun wrote: Jokes aside, is this bike decent? I was actually considering buying it today.
I actually bought this bike several years ago and it has worked out great for me. I changed the pedals to road bike pedals as I had a spare set. If you haven't used a spin bike before you may complain about the seat being hard or not comfortable but you'll get used to it. I usually wear my cycling shorts when on the spin bike.

Check out Spinervals videos on YouTube or Global Cycling Network for some good spinning workouts.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2500 posts
1764 upvotes
dealzhuntr wrote: Sunny Fitness is just selling Alibaba equipment (i.e. they do not engineer/design these products). What this means is that the designs are just a copy-paste of real companies designs with certain things changed to reduce manufacturing costs (i.e. swap high quality bearings for low quality ones, weaker frame, shittier welds). I looked into the designs that most Alibaba manufacturers use and it appears that they mostly use older inferior designs with fundamental problems (e.g. just check youtube to get an idea of the bearing setup).

Another problem is that Sunny sells 32 different spin bike models so I doubt they sell the same model for very long. This makes it harder to troubleshoot problems as less people have your specific model and also harder to find parts since each model is so different. Sunny does sell parts if you contact them but there is no guarantee that they have the part you need. I checked the manual for this bike and it luckily includes a full parts list. Bearings are ones you can get at Princess Auto for cheap. The belt however is very unique (it's metric - not even McMaster-Carr or Misumi carry these) and I couldn't find an easy source for it. You would likely have to contact one of the transmission belt stores on Aliexpress and ask them to help you get it but it would only cost you like $10 max.

Most of the complaints with the Sunny bikes relate to noise, which is likely caused by the bearings crapping out, belt stretching, or frame bending (causing the first two problems). I should also state at this point that Sunny's warranty does not cover labour and is very short for parts. If you do have an issue, they'll just ship you the parts (but no tools) and give you a general video.

If you check Alibaba, you'll see that bikes like this range in the price of $80 to $100 USD. So accounting for shipping and landing costs, the bike's raw cost is around $200 CAD, so about $100 in markup (likely some of that covering Amazon fees).

In the future, you'll see that all of these bikes will be belt driven with magnetic resistance as the cost difference is low or lower than chain/friction setups. You'll also see that legit companies will have to lower their product costs to compete. The first company you'll see this with is Concept2 and their rower, ski, and bike machines as so many companies are 100% knocking them off - tons for sale in the US.

Examples of Concept2 rowing machine clones:
- https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/B11BCB09076 ... rower.html
- https://www.getrxd.com/xebexrower.html
- https://www.amazon.com/Lifecore-R100-Co ... B000IY84HY
Alibaba is just a platform, not a manufacture. When you says "Alibaba equipment", it may confuse someone else.
Please consider Alilbaba = Chinese Ebay
Jul 23, 2011
633 posts
1601 upvotes
Ottawa
sobig wrote: was hoping for a peloton.
But in all seriousness though, if someone is looking to exercise at home, get a Rowing machine . It's a lot more fun and you get to work out more than just your lower body.
Peloton alternative here:

https://www.costco.ca/proform-smart-pow ... 24587.html
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5040 posts
2137 upvotes
Ancaster
sobig wrote: was hoping for a peloton.
Rowing machines take up more space, but I agree they are a better all-in-one workout. They are also easier on your knees. The only reasons I have a home cycle is space and my employer reimburses Peloton memberships.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8942 posts
10120 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Can't be any good if not $3000 and have its own line of clothing for brags.
Feb 20, 2006
293 posts
184 upvotes
i would personally wait for the SF-B1805 go on sale for the magnetic resistance. The downside of this bike is the handle bar is not adjustable in & out. Costco.ca used to carry this model.