Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Super Hot! Lowest Price Ever on 35 lb Bag of Hill's Science Diet Dog Food, $18.82 or $17.04 With Coupon + S&S

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2019 11:06 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB

[Amazon Canada] Super Hot! Lowest Price Ever on 35 lb Bag of Hill's Science Diet Dog Food, $18.82 or $17.04 With Coupon + S&S

This is super hot, I believe it is the lowest price ever for the Hill's Science Diet Adult Advanced Fitness, Chicken & Barley Dry Dog Food, 35 lb Bag. Last year, the lowest price + coupon + subscribe & save combo I saw was $21.70 + tax.

Now, with the $15 coupon and 5% subscribe and save on the $35.60 sale price, it comes out to about $18.82 + tax. It is even lower if you have 10% subscribe and save, this works out to $17.04 + tax. The coupon is a 1 time use coupon per Amazon account.

This is an amazing deal and my dogs loves this food. It is extremely well packaged and the kibble looks high quality. The sealed bag comes inside a printed cardboard box of the manufacturer so you know you won't get a punctured bag like when you buy at a store.

Dry dog food generally have a 1 year shelf life if you don't open the bag and store it in moderate temperatures. But if you do open the bag, you should refrigerate or freeze the food that you don't think you will consume within a week. Don't store dry dog food out in the open in room temperatures like a lot of people think you can. Dry dog food will easily go rancid if you don't refrigerate or freeze an open bag, just like any other food.
8 replies
Sep 21, 2008
445 posts
376 upvotes
I can confirm a few things:

#1. Hill's science is very highly recommended by veterinarians. My pup has joint issues and the first thing the Vet did, post-surgically, was insist she go on a Hill's Mobility diet. And, for the record, it's not because the clinic sells it - I usually buy online. I've read a ton of articles from Vets who suggest HIll's.

#2. Op is very on-point - dry dog kibble oxidizes quickly. Sadly, I only found this out after asking my vet about two YEARS after I had been purchasing the 30 lb bags for my little dog, which lasts a few months per bag. I can only imagine how little good it was doing her sitting out in the dog bag for that long. :( :( He told me to store in in the freezer and take it out a few days at a time.

Just my two cents :)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2878 posts
2688 upvotes
GTA
JoeStale wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 1:10 am
This is super hot, I believe it is the lowest price ever for the Hill's Science Diet Adult Advanced Fitness, Chicken & Barley Dry Dog Food, 35 lb Bag. Last year, the lowest price + coupon + subscribe & save combo I saw was $21.70 + tax.

Now, with the $15 coupon and 5% subscribe and save on the $35.60 sale price, it comes out to about $18.82 + tax. It is even lower if you have 10% subscribe and save, this works out to $17.04 + tax. The coupon is a 1 time use coupon per Amazon account.

This is an amazing deal and my dogs loves this food. It is extremely well packaged and the kibble looks high quality. The sealed bag comes inside a printed cardboard box of the manufacturer so you know you won't get a punctured bag like when you buy at a store.

Dry dog food generally have a 1 year shelf life if you don't open the bag and store it in moderate temperatures. But if you do open the bag, you should refrigerate or freeze the food that you don't think you will consume within a week. Don't store dry dog food out in the open in room temperatures like a lot of people think you can. Dry dog food will easily go rancid if you don't refrigerate or freeze an open bag, just like any other food.
all makes sense, but who's got room in fridge for 20+pounds of dog food?
Last edited by Kfox on Feb 2nd, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
Yup, deal is dead now. That was quick. Either this was a mistake price or they didn't allocate much stock.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
ppnndd wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 10:41 am
it's back
Looks like it is still the same coupon from last time so I can't buy a second bag. You should post this on Hot Deals so people will see it.