Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Super Mario Odyssey - $69.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2018 1:20 pm
[OP]
Member
Nov 23, 2016
322 posts
529 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Super Mario Odyssey - $69.99

The game doesn't go on sale often. I haven't seen it cheaper except for when used.
44 replies
Member
Apr 10, 2009
256 posts
316 upvotes
Does Nintendo's online store charge tax? If not, it would be cheaper to get it digitally l.
[OP]
Member
Nov 23, 2016
322 posts
529 upvotes
pres_00 wrote: Does Nintendo's online store charge tax? If not, it would be cheaper to get it digitally l.
Yes they do.
Jr. Member
Nov 2, 2016
116 posts
191 upvotes
Cheaper to buy from Japanese eShop as it is with almost all 1st party games
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5227 posts
3258 upvotes
Toronto
pres_00 wrote: Does Nintendo's online store charge tax? If not, it would be cheaper to get it digitally l.
It does though you can set your region to Alberta and save quite a bit on taxes.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
877 upvotes
Toronto
$69!!! IS A DEAL????
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
akito925 wrote: $69!!! IS A DEAL????
yes, its $10 less than regular price for a game that almost never goes on sale.
[OP]
Member
Nov 23, 2016
322 posts
529 upvotes
KevinC268 wrote: cant you just use an Albertan postal code?
Never tried but I know in the states you can do this for tax free zip codes. So I don't see why not. I know for Xbox it works for me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5227 posts
3258 upvotes
Toronto
KevinC268 wrote: cant you just use an Albertan postal code?
IIRC, you don't even need a postal code to do it. Been awhile but it was definitely minimal effort when I set up my eShop account.
Member
Oct 16, 2010
319 posts
714 upvotes
This is not bad but theres many ways to get games cheaper at Shopper's. Many SDM have seniors discount every Thursday and lowered age to 55, effectively making their switch games $64 after the 20% seniors discount.

You could also buy it on a 20x the points day which works out to 30% off, or $56 assuming you will use the points later (can use for more Nintendo stuff).

Lastly, if you already have PC optimum points you could buy it in a redemption day where your points are worth 25% more.

For ultimate stacking, combine the last 2 with the right timing.

Overall, 13% off at Amazon is a warm deal, I'd recommend Shopper's for greater discounts.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2013
2071 posts
2123 upvotes
Living the dream
Proxism wrote: This is not bad but theres many ways to get games cheaper at Shopper's. Many SDM have seniors discount every Thursday and lowered age to 55, effectively making their switch games $64 after the 20% seniors discount.

You could also buy it on a 20x the points day which works out to 30% off, or $56 assuming you will use the points later (can use for more Nintendo stuff).

Lastly, if you already have PC optimum points you could buy it in a redemption day where your points are worth 25% more.

For ultimate stacking, combine the last 2 with the right timing.

Overall, 13% off at Amazon is a warm deal, I'd recommend Shopper's for greater discounts.
I already bought the game in the OP. Why you gotta ruin my day?
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Member
Oct 16, 2010
319 posts
714 upvotes
ElHoardo wrote: I already bought the game in the OP. Why you gotta ruin my day?
Just trying to share the deals. Keep that knowledge in your pocket for your next purchase :)

Amazon deal includes free shipping, so still decent for people who don't have a Shoppers, or people who have bunch of amazon gift cards.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3384 posts
822 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal but might as well buy it used for $60-65.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2006
1357 posts
749 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
haha so glad I bought mine last year as part of the E3 deals at $50.
Member
May 5, 2014
393 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Jep4444 wrote: IIRC, you don't even need a postal code to do it. Been awhile but it was definitely minimal effort when I set up my eShop account.
Are you able to change your postal code back at any time or is it locked upon account creation?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1005 posts
609 upvotes
its a shitty deal but i bought it because nintendo only has shitty deals

so thx for making me poorer OP.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5227 posts
3258 upvotes
Toronto
dioxide wrote: Are you able to change your postal code back at any time or is it locked upon account creation?
I've never tried but I imagine so since people have been known to move.

Top