Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Super Smash Bro Ultimate - 70$

  • Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 8:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1198 posts
822 upvotes
Quebec City

[Amazon.ca] Super Smash Bro Ultimate - 70$

You have to add the game in the cart. Not a big deal but it's quite rare on this title.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DPMBH9H
18 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 28, 2018
625 posts
1379 upvotes
Never saw the appeal of this game.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3705 posts
3716 upvotes
Alberta
Meeseeks wrote: Never saw the appeal of this game.
Me neither, but I'm a old school street fighter guy...
Jr. Member
Mar 12, 2017
136 posts
99 upvotes
Meeseeks wrote: Never saw the appeal of this game.
Blasphemy...
The best thing is to play with friends, and a bit of alcohol. This game is awesome in local Multiplayer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1198 posts
822 upvotes
Quebec City
Lush78 wrote: Me neither, but I'm a old school street fighter guy...
Same but with my daughter, it's quite a blast. And Ryu and Ken are in there.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3705 posts
3716 upvotes
Alberta
MercadorHG wrote: Same but with my daughter, it's quite a blast. And Ryu and Ken are in there.
Yup, I think it's cool to see Ryu and Ken. I've played this a couple of times with my 8yo son and previous versions too. We own them all, and he played this a little more than before, but it doesn't seem to stick.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1198 posts
822 upvotes
Quebec City
Is he still mashing buttons? My daughter is almost 12 and since she stopped smashing buttons, she started to beat me.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3705 posts
3716 upvotes
Alberta
MercadorHG wrote: Is he still mashing buttons? My daughter is almost 12 and since she stopped smashing buttons, she started to beat me.
I'm sure he is better than I am, I know that I just mash lol.. I haven't put much time into Smash, and it controls much different than classic fighting games...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Meeseeks wrote: Never saw the appeal of this game.
It's literally all your favourite characters, together. What's not to get?
Banned
User avatar
Apr 17, 2019
22 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
Choveu wrote: Blasphemy...
The best thing is to play with friends, and a bit of alcohol. This game is awesome in local Multiplayer.
most games with alcohol with friends is a good time (doesn't matter if it is smash or not...) leave alcohol out of this :P
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1198 posts
822 upvotes
Quebec City
Lush78 wrote: I'm sure he is better than I am, I know that I just mash lol.. I haven't put much time into Smash, and it controls much different than classic fighting games...
Play Ryu like in SF, it works wonders :)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1920 posts
4111 upvotes
Markham
projector wrote: It's literally all your favourite characters, together. What's not to get?
Was really hoping there’s more to the game than a shameless cash grab based on 0 substance...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8157 posts
4859 upvotes
Toronto
Dave510 wrote: Was really hoping there’s more to the game than a shameless cash grab based on 0 substance...
I mean the series is known for fairly deep gameplay that's played at pro FGC tournaments with a huge viewership. My issue with this latest entry is it's a near indistinguishable reshash of the Smash that came out 5 years ago. This just has more characters but looks and plays practically the same as the last game where only pros are going to notice the subtle differences. Most grown adults who play Smash casually probably aren't going to get $70 of value out of this game
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1920 posts
4111 upvotes
Markham
ReeGee wrote: I mean the series is known for fairly deep gameplay that's played at pro FGC tournaments with a huge viewership. My issue with this latest entry is it's a near indistinguishable reshash of the Smash that came out 5 years ago. This just has more characters but looks and plays practically the same as the last game where only pros are going to notice the subtle differences. Most grown adults who play Smash casually probably aren't going to get $70 of value out of this game
I guess being portable with the Switch is a big sell, but yeah I've always wondered if they're improving the game or just adding more characters but keeping everything else the same.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8972 posts
3274 upvotes
This version has a new Story mode and almost double the character roster of the original wii u version plus a graphical overhaul.

Dave510 wrote: I guess being portable with the Switch is a big sell, but yeah I've always wondered if they're improving the game or just adding more characters but keeping everything else the same.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1087 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ReeGee wrote: I mean the series is known for fairly deep gameplay that's played at pro FGC tournaments with a huge viewership. My issue with this latest entry is it's a near indistinguishable reshash of the Smash that came out 5 years ago. This just has more characters but looks and plays practically the same as the last game where only pros are going to notice the subtle differences. Most grown adults who play Smash casually probably aren't going to get $70 of value out of this game
Dave510 wrote: I guess being portable with the Switch is a big sell, but yeah I've always wondered if they're improving the game or just adding more characters but keeping everything else the same.
If you have the Wii U version, don't waste your money unless you absolutely need to have the additional characters or just have to play it on the switch (but not at this price - buy at Shoppers on a friends and family day or a 20x points day).
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1920 posts
4111 upvotes
Markham
georgep wrote: If you have the Wii U version, don't waste your money unless you absolutely need to have the additional characters or just have to play it on the switch (but not at this price - buy at Shoppers on a friends and family day or a 20x points day).
Yeah, I have the Wii U version, probably going to skip this one. Not into paying full Nintendo game price for, essentially, a character DLC.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3705 posts
3716 upvotes
Alberta
Nearly all first party titles from Wii U seem to be getting re-released on Switch.

Top