Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump $66.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 8:57 am
Nov 25, 2008
479 posts
939 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump $66.99

Bought this last year for around 90 bux to empty my hot tub, does it in less than 20 mins. Just attach a garden hose to discharge the water and plug it In, drop to bottom of water.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 12th, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
19 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
Thanks OP. Great price. I use these as a pump for my rain barrels but I forgot to bring my last one in this past winter and it didn't make it. :'(
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3234 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
For 66$ would you recommand it as main Sump Pump to save your basement?
Nov 23, 2013
178 posts
604 upvotes
ratatapa wrote: For 66$ would you recommand it as main Sump Pump to save your basement?
Only if you want an indoor swimming pool in your basement
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
cbrunett wrote: Only if you want an indoor swimming pool in your basement
what's a recommended GPM?
Jul 25, 2013
330 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
is there enough power to water your lawn from a water in a rain barrel?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3234 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
cbrunett wrote: Only if you want an indoor swimming pool in your basement
Though so i'll look for a better one lol
Feb 28, 2006
392 posts
268 upvotes
Moncton NB
Thanks OP. Been looking for one of these
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
ratatapa wrote: Though so i'll look for a better one lol
Not a case of a BETTER one. It's a case of the right one for the job. This is not a sump pump with a float switch etc.

OP are you using garden hose or the larger attachment to empty that quickly?

Funny thing about that one. It looks exactly like my simer pump from TSC except that mines 1/6 hp. Recently bought the 1/4 hp one from princess auto for $49. Haven't tried it yet but will be interesting to see how much faster it pumps.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1953 posts
829 upvotes
For anyone looking, Battlefield has the Simer Geyser 2300 pump on sale for $99.99 until June 28th.
Maybe you could price match for additional savings.

I've been using mine for years to drain my pool cover and sump pit out.
Very heavy duty.
Nov 25, 2008
479 posts
939 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Not a case of a BETTER one. It's a case of the right one for the job. This is not a sump pump with a float switch etc.

Funny thing about that one. It looks exactly like my simer pump from TSC except that mines 1/6 hp. Recently bought the 1/4 hp one from princess auto for $49. Haven't tried it yet but will be interesting to see how much faster it pumps.
Just a garden hose. It's pretty strong for the size.

I like to have this around and can use if basement gets flooded, sump pump fails etc.
May 23, 2016
161 posts
250 upvotes
This worked perfectly for flushing our tankless water heater
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
jephree wrote: This worked perfectly for flushing our tankless water heater
Was just going to ask if it's good for it. Did you use vinegar?

Hey, have you ever tried connecting a garden hose to the warm out connector to fill a pool or anything? I was thinking of doing this, wasn't sure if a sump pump with an inlet/outlet was required of if the water pressure would do it alone.
Apr 23, 2009
316 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
No you can't use this pump as your main sump pump, I believe this pump runs continuously, it doesn't have automatic shut off.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1885 posts
1292 upvotes
Manitoba
jackass_ca wrote: Not a case of a BETTER one. It's a case of the right one for the job. This is not a sump pump with a float switch etc.

Princess Auto pump is still on sale @$49. Will get one from there to make the shipment of torque wrench worthwhile.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
When our basement sump failed,(caught fire) i went out and bought a sump pump (this brand)but tall one and the first did not even power on i had to return and buy another and then that one would just make a loud buzzing grinding sound.
I called in and they wanted me to take the bottom apart i said nope and just returned it and bought another brand all together.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
May 23, 2016
161 posts
250 upvotes
steven80 wrote: Was just going to ask if it's good for it. Did you use vinegar?

Hey, have you ever tried connecting a garden hose to the warm out connector to fill a pool or anything? I was thinking of doing this, wasn't sure if a sump pump with an inlet/outlet was required of if the water pressure would do it alone.
Yes. I just used undiluted vinegar
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: Princess Auto pump is still on sale @$49. Will get one from there to make the shipment of torque wrench worthwhile.
Yep just went on sale again, although the output on that one looks different than mine, mine has threaded adapter in 2 sizes, although I like the larger output with the option to just clamp a larger sump style hose on, moves much faster.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1885 posts
1292 upvotes
Manitoba
jackass_ca wrote: Yep just went on sale again, although the output on that one looks different than mine, mine has threaded adapter in 2 sizes, although I like the larger output with the option to just clamp a larger sump style hose on, moves much faster.
The pump I got has a threaded adapter for regular hose and if removed will allow an inch(?) wide hose. Tried it this weekend to move some water to another barrel I have for gardening and worked flawlessly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)