• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 3:06 pm
[OP]
Feb 17, 2014
182 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] Sushi Go Party! Card Game - $18

Great family game. This is the lowest price it has been.

This is the party version which improves upon the original Sushi Go and plays up to 8 people.

Edit - Title updated to reflect further reduction in price to $18 (was on sale for $20 previously)

Best buy also has it for the same price:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/su ... 65&irgwc=1
Last edited by yycguy1 on Nov 18th, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Jun 19, 2018
138 posts
47 upvotes
Edmonton
Quick games and easy to learn. Highly recommended
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8275 posts
1834 upvotes
Toronto
I actually prefer the original Sushi Go over this party edition. The main reason is because setup with the original edition is much quicker... you basically just shuffle and deal out the cards. For the Party edition you have to sort through whichever sets of cards you want to add/remove, and there is additional downtime between rounds as you have to reshuffle all the cards (using a proper shuffle to separate the clumped sets) and remember to add in more desserts. The original is a much smoother and streamlined experience.
Feb 20, 2017
49 posts
47 upvotes
Before I played it, I didn't think it would be that great, but after a while it grew on me. Definitely a great game for family and friends.
Nov 6, 2013
418 posts
260 upvotes
Montreal, QC
A fun game that we always said we'd pick up when it's on sale -- guess my day of reckoning has come. Thanks, OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2662 posts
1701 upvotes
montreal
It that easilly playable by french people?
Nov 6, 2013
418 posts
260 upvotes
Montreal, QC
superbigjay wrote: It that easilly playable by french people?
Yep. Has nothing to do with language -- more about estimating risk and guessing how much risk others are willing to take. You take turns playing cards worth different numbers of points, most depending on how many others are collecting the same type of card.
Mar 18, 2011
135 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal, QC
appleb wrote: I actually prefer the original Sushi Go over this party edition. The main reason is because setup with the original edition is much quicker... you basically just shuffle and deal out the cards. For the Party edition you have to sort through whichever sets of cards you want to add/remove, and there is additional downtime between rounds as you have to reshuffle all the cards (using a proper shuffle to separate the clumped sets) and remember to add in more desserts. The original is a much smoother and streamlined experience.
I agree with all this BUT the pro of the party game is that is adds more variety to the game play. I had the original and it was fun for many games, but eventually got a bit stale. So traded in my original version for party version and it felt fresh again. We could also somewhat control the difficulty by choosing which cards will go into play. And the games didn't feel as repetitive.
Oct 16, 2009
19 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
Showing as $17.99 for me now which seems to be an all time low. In stock in December 3
Apr 26, 2017
27 posts
8 upvotes
you are playing this game wrong if you collectively don't yell sushi go.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1015 posts
1278 upvotes
Toronto
deejeepooh wrote: you are playing this game wrong if you collectively don't yell sushi go.
or some random rendition of same in another language LOL

Great game, got it at $25 and won't hesitate to get it again. At $18 it's a no brainer!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4844 posts
1378 upvotes
Wat
Thanks OP.. ordered because it's rfd and you guys said it's good
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1179 posts
355 upvotes
Totally worth it when I spent $25.

Esp when we ham it up, yelling SOOOOOUUUUUPPP!!!
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2040 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
Is it similar to Slamwich?

Thanks OP for sharing. Been eyeing on this for a while.
Mar 24, 2020
37 posts
31 upvotes
This is a great deal. I think I bought the non-party version at that price!
Jun 25, 2005
645 posts
311 upvotes
Party version for sure, you can change the dynamics of the game by switching the menu.

It’s an easy game to understand and kids can play fairly young at 6-7 years old.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1494 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
matt4670 wrote: Is it similar to Slamwich?

Thanks OP for sharing. Been eyeing on this for a while.
not similar at all

sushi go is a interactive card/deck builder game. vs slamwhich which is more of a gogogogo quick paced keep your eye on the cards game.
sushi go definitely requires a bit more "tactics" from the sense of planning and foresight/luck/guessing.

for anyone who is looking for a similar game, my family (2 kids under 7) really enjoy Go Nuts for Donuts. it's another gamewright game and we had plucked it from Amazon when it dropped to $19 a while back. just something that others here might be interested in, as I find it has some similar mechanics as sushi go.
Last edited by kid_icarus on Nov 18th, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.