• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 9:48 pm
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
364 posts
315 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

[Amazon.ca] Swagman upright roof bike rack $50.59

saw this for those also looking for one/two. been tracking price and this is lower than the 55 it was on last month and 70 normally. in for 2. needed an upright as i dont have space for tires inside for fork mounted ones. the fork mounted ones are 58 i think, still not a bad deal. getting this rather than used of kijiji for the price. comes with locks too,

temp out of stock but can still be ordered.
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 23rd, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated price
14 replies
Jan 24, 2016
57 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I bought this in May for $60 and it’s definitely worth the money. I have an older Thule upright rack with a similar design, and there are definitely some differences in quality, but for the price it does the job and I trust it for my road bike (which won’t fit on my old Thule model due to tube width).
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
364 posts
315 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
markthomas594 wrote: I bought this in May for $60 and it’s definitely worth the money. I have an older Thule upright rack with a similar design, and there are definitely some differences in quality, but for the price it does the job and I trust it for my road bike (which won’t fit on my old Thule model due to tube width).
I was looking to buy used and thule old ones were being sold for about 80 ea. Figured this would work for me as it will be for the kids bikes. At least it comes with the locks already. I did see the thule ones and they did seem really solid.

Reviews on this seem just user errors on install. Nothing that zip ties and extra cables wont fix.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2142 posts
1278 upvotes
North Vancouver
Recommmend reading some of the one star reviews on Amazon.ca, some people have had bad luck with this product.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Mar 18, 2005
383 posts
340 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Not in stock, but still ordered. Said it won’t charge until it ships. I’ve been on the fence about buying this all summer, but at this price, I’ll be happy to have it for next spring.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
364 posts
315 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
This is with anything thanks though, the issues seem they are either user errors or can be mitigated with some zip ties.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1357 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Seems like a great deal. I already have a hitch mount bike rack, so I was on the fence. Was still considering it to still have easy access to the trunk. But looks like the deal is now dead. Back up to $70.

I've saved it to my cart in case it drops again.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
364 posts
315 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Track it on camel3. I missed the $50 price and set an alert for it.
hssironman wrote: Thanks OP. Seems like a great deal. I already have a hitch mount bike rack, so I was on the fence. Was still considering it to still have easy access to the trunk. But looks like the deal is now dead. Back up to $70.

I've saved it to my cart in case it drops again.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1357 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
back down to $50.59 as of this posting.
Dec 24, 2009
769 posts
428 upvotes
I have these they work. Note if using two unless you are ok with one bike facing backwards, the lock/rotary thing on one of them will be facing away from you so a bit tricky to get to.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1357 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
Ken_vs_Ryu wrote: I have these they work. Note if using two unless you are ok with one bike facing backwards, the lock/rotary thing on one of them will be facing away from you so a bit tricky to get to.
This video suggests you can turn the clamp around when you install it so that the knob is facing outwards.
Sep 5, 2008
600 posts
467 upvotes
Port Moody
Do these work on kids bikes? 16-20" frames?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1357 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
jerschwab wrote: Do these work on kids bikes? 16-20" frames?
I can't see why not. I think the main thing is whether the clamp can fit around the down tube.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
364 posts
315 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
This is the reason im getting them for kids bikes. Havent received them yet but will try once they get here.
hssironman wrote: I can't see why not. I think the main thing is whether the clamp can fit around the down tube.
Sep 5, 2008
600 posts
467 upvotes
Port Moody
Not quite the same deal, but it's on for $75 less 20% (so $60) for Prime Day today.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)