Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Sylvania 60W Equivalent, LED Light Bulb, A19 Lamp, 8.5W, Soft White 2700K, 24 Pack - $37.09

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 1:11 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 6, 2014
17 posts
23 upvotes
Grande Prairie

[Amazon.ca] Sylvania 60W Equivalent, LED Light Bulb, A19 Lamp, 8.5W, Soft White 2700K, 24 Pack - $37.09

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0758GXHQK?psc=1

*** update***
deal went from blazing hot to warm
List Price CDN$ 50.79
Deal Price: CDN$ 37.09 (CDN$ 1.55 / Piece) & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 13.70 (27%)




*** initial deal***

List Price: CDN$ 50.79
Price: CDN$ 19.99 (CDN$ 0.83 / Piece)
You Save: CDN$ 30.80 (61%)
Untitled.png
Last edited by EESthx13 on Nov 27th, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3473 posts
1654 upvotes
Mississauga
Tempted .. espically at this price .. but I'm mostly Philips guy.. which if you can find at $3 EA is a steel..
So idk these are 0.83 cents!!. But not Philips....
Anyone had any experience with Sylvania?
Member
Jul 3, 2017
327 posts
459 upvotes
Coquitlam
Thanks OP, got 1. I got these the last time the price was this low. They're lightbulbs and it works :)
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 6, 2014
17 posts
23 upvotes
Grande Prairie
i had this in my watch list for over a year. restricted to only 1 box per customer last year. I have them installed in my house but was short 5 bulb and not willing to purchase at full price. Waited a year for it to go on sale. Got 2 boxes just because.

To answer you question, they work well.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1809 posts
1169 upvotes
SW Ontario
0.83 cents a piece...that's amazing

This is why I bitched for 2 years while they rebated those god awful CFL's. wasting money and spreading mercury. Wait for LED's I said...

(unless you like looking like an orange and green purple veined monster in the bathroom mirror)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4967 posts
3087 upvotes
My personal experience, but a lot of cheapie LED bulbs are a crock when it comes to their lifespan. Pretty sure my Sylvania ones lasted like 2-3 years.

I've heard that manufacturers say the LED lasts 10 years, which is technically true, but the controller or some other technical component does not last 10 years so when they craps out the bulb stops working.

At this price point not sure I'd complain too much, but something to lightly keep in mind.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35799 posts
9148 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
TLSRULZ wrote: Tempted .. espically at this price .. but I'm mostly Philips guy.. which if you can find at $3 EA is a steel..
So idk these are 0.83 cents!!. But not Philips....
Anyone had any experience with Sylvania?
I purchased 60 Philips bulbs from Home Depot when Wynn was still Premiere and offered rebates.

Philips suck. They dim or burn out after a year or two. I have already replaced 6 out of 50 bulbs. The Home Depot house brand lasted longer.

I purchased Amazon Basics bulbs when they went on sale a few months ago. But the price is not as good as this Sylvania deal

I have not used these bulbs, but at 0.83 cents a bulb, I will take a chance.
Member
Nov 15, 2017
345 posts
663 upvotes
WEST CANADA
RiCHC3 wrote: My personal experience, but a lot of cheapie LED bulbs are a crock when it comes to their lifespan. Pretty sure my Sylvania ones lasted like 2-3 years.

I've heard that manufacturers say the LED lasts 10 years, which is technically true, but the controller or some other technical component does not last 10 years so when they craps out the bulb stops working.

At this price point not sure I'd complain too much, but something to lightly keep in mind.

I still have two or three of the early versions which were made in the US. They still working fine and they are at least 12 years old. Now they make them in China and only last at most two years.
Sr. Member
Mar 25, 2006
787 posts
578 upvotes
Bought these last December for $14.04 and three of them have burnt out with minimal use. Stick with quality brand like Philips.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3473 posts
1654 upvotes
Mississauga
Sure 10.. i'd be happy with 5.. you can't say something will last and then it doesnt.. this is why I have stayed with Philips.
Member
Oct 29, 2010
399 posts
636 upvotes
Quebec
Gee wrote: I purchased 60 Philips bulbs from Home Depot when Wynn was still Premiere and offered rebates.

Philips suck. They dim or burn out after a year or two. I have already replaced 6 out of 50 bulbs. The Home Depot house brand lasted longer.

I purchased Amazon Basics bulbs when they went on sale a few months ago. But the price is not as good as this Sylvania deal

I have not used these bulbs, but at 0.83 cents a bulb, I will take a chance.
Same, all the leds who died in the last 2 years were the phillips.
Member
Mar 8, 2013
474 posts
1499 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a good deal.

But for what it's worth, I've had really good luck with Feit LED bulbs (specifically the 3-Pack 9.5-Watt 60 W Equivalent 3000K dimmables). There was a deal thread on RFD about them in 2016 and mine all still work.
Member
Jul 3, 2017
327 posts
459 upvotes
Coquitlam
The seller put the limit to 1 per customer now. Lucky I got in early, got 2!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2012
1077 posts
372 upvotes
Hamilton
are these dimmable? anyone have them in combination with Lutron Caseta Dimmers
Sr. Member
Jul 17, 2012
805 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
puska83 wrote: are these dimmable? anyone have them in combination with Lutron Caseta Dimmers
not for this price can't get dimmable. normally twice as expensive.

daylight white is nice. i tried quite a few LED bulbs now and settled for the 100w amazonbasics ones.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1050 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
Are those those kinda yellow types?
I want the true white light ones
Member
Apr 13, 2010
294 posts
589 upvotes
Given how long they might last, I think it's worth holding out for dimmable, 90+CRI bulbs. These quote 80+ CRI, at least, and for some people and rooms, non-dimmable may be fine.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)