Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Sylvania Home Lighting 60W Equivalent, LED Light Bulb, A19 Lamp, Efficient 8.5W, Soft White 2700K, 24 Pack $39.38

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 4:14 pm
20 replies
Mar 25, 2006
812 posts
660 upvotes
Bought this back in december for $14.... two bulbs have already burnt out. Do not recommend Sylvania. Suggest Philips.
Jan 17, 2010
962 posts
468 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
starscreamX wrote: Bought this back in december for $14.... two bulbs have already burnt out. Do not recommend Sylvania. Suggest Philips.
Philips is usually too expensive. Any suggestion where/when we can grab Philips LEB bulb at cheaper price?
Aug 14, 2004
330 posts
188 upvotes
Burnaby
Soft white sucks. Rona has a better sale
Images
  • Screenshot_20200920-220546_Flipp.jpg
Jun 14, 2011
702 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
Any deals for 100w? I find 60w too dim for outdoor nightlight.
Oct 11, 2006
356 posts
85 upvotes
Been looking for deal on 60w soft white dimmable bulbs.. any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
starscreamX wrote: Bought this back in december for $14.... two bulbs have already burnt out. Do not recommend Sylvania. Suggest Philips.
Were they stamped Sylvania? Some of the reviews said they received some bulbs that weren't labeled sylvania and those failed. Most of the reviews seem really good
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
Also got in on that deal but mine are going strong, no burn outs.

Not sure if current deal is bad or if $14 was a super hot price
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
xXKEIXx wrote: Any deals for 100w? I find 60w too dim for outdoor nightlight.
Walmart has 100w Great Value bulbs for $4 each. Pretty good price for 100w equivalent. Has burn out warranty too.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Apr 13, 2010
443 posts
995 upvotes
Given how long LEDs are supposed to last, and how bad most of the cheaper ones are, I don't think it's a good idea to shop on price. Better to stick to stuff that's 90+ CRI and dimmable, so your friends and family don't wrongly conclude that they hate LED bulbs.
Jul 8, 2013
454 posts
616 upvotes
AMHERST
S1 wrote: Given how long LEDs are supposed to last, and how bad most of the cheaper ones are, I don't think it's a good idea to shop on price. Better to stick to stuff that's 90+ CRI and dimmable, so your friends and family don't wrongly conclude that they hate LED bulbs.
And without the 60hz flicker
Jun 14, 2011
702 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
joshfindit wrote: And without the 60hz flicker
Is that the flicker you see in the phone camera? I thought all leds do that?
May 22, 2010
10 posts
29 upvotes
Burnaby
I bought some cheap ones from shopper+ and 15 have burnt out in under a year. Phillips is solid. I have had luck with Feit brand bulbs but YMMV.

GE bulbs also have burnt out but I'm sure those are just rebranded cheapos.

But I have also had Ikea bulb (cheap non dimmable) last 3+ years with no burn outs.

Great value bulbs have overheated and the socket broke off (100w equivalent).
Jul 8, 2013
454 posts
616 upvotes
AMHERST
xXKEIXx wrote: Is that the flicker you see in the phone camera? I thought all leds do that?
Typically yes you can see them in the phone camera. You can also see it if you wave your hand in the air in the light from a flickering bulb (it will look like pictures of your hand frozen in place instead of one continuous blur).

And no: LEDs don’t naturally flicker, 60hz is just the cheap way to do it because it means you can basically power them straight from the 60hz AC power. Better LEDs will convert the AC to DC and power the LED from that, creating 0 flicker.
If they are dimmable bulbs they may use flickering in the form of PWM even if they convert to DC, and if they are better PWM bulbs they will flicker at much higher rates. The APA102 (RGB LED) flickers at 19khz, for example. I also have DIY accent lighting that flickers at 20khz, and even at the dimmest setting I can’t see any flicker at all.
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
so i had philips 60w first a bit yellow colour, then the hyperikon from amazon (now no longer selling this), daylight white 100w equivalent. then got a few philips dimable ones, now got these amazon LE brand like 4 bucks each 100w equivalent. so far the LE is the brightest. don't know how long it will last. the philips non dimable 60w ones started flashing time to time, definitely not to the rated hours at all. hyperikon is pretty bad too not as bright as the LE, some failed but mostly decently working still.

https://www.amazon.ca/Halogen-Equivalen ... 707&sr=8-9

haven't tried the amazonbasics ones yet, probably same quality like the LE one. 60w ones are quite dim if you are only running one bulb. my home each light have 3 bulbs, i mix the 60w with 100w and i am pretty happy with the brightness and colour.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
Another + for Philips

Widely available, good CRI, no perceptible flicker

Many folks don't know what they're missing with crappy LED lights
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ShadowVlican wrote: Another + for Philips

Widely available, good CRI, no perceptible flicker

Many folks don't know what they're missing with crappy LED lights
Any LED is still an improvement over the screw type Florescent tube bulbs used in many households.

But LED will never be better than Incandescent bulbs.
Mar 25, 2006
812 posts
660 upvotes
ffonly wrote: Were they stamped Sylvania? Some of the reviews said they received some bulbs that weren't labeled sylvania and those failed. Most of the reviews seem really good
Definitely. Item was sold directly by Amazon and not the fulfilled ones.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
I will pay $14 for them as well as the burnt ones if you don't recommend them :)
---
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
S1 wrote: Given how long LEDs are supposed to last, and how bad most of the cheaper ones are, I don't think it's a good idea to shop on price. Better to stick to stuff that's 90+ CRI and dimmable, so your friends and family don't wrongly conclude that they hate LED bulbs.
Several years ago, I bought Feit Electric bulbs from Costco which were 90+ CRI and dimmable. 75% of them lasted less than 8 months. They were used in the living, dining and kitchen. The one I would say which has been reliable is Philips.

I suggest to use Philips in hard to reach areas if cost is a concern.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)