Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Sylvania Home Lighting 60W Equivalent, LED Light Bulb, A19 Lamp, Efficient 8.5W, Soft White 2700K, 24 Pack $39.38

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 4:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1654 posts
1214 upvotes
Surrey

[Amazon.ca] Sylvania Home Lighting 60W Equivalent, LED Light Bulb, A19 Lamp, Efficient 8.5W, Soft White 2700K, 24 Pack $39.38

Good deal for good led bulbs if you need a bunch (pack of 24)
Koodo $40/13gb $35/10gb wireless plans//
20 replies
Mar 25, 2006
665 posts
393 upvotes
Bought this back in december for $14.... two bulbs have already burnt out. Do not recommend Sylvania. Suggest Philips.
Jan 17, 2010
876 posts
360 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
starscreamX wrote: Bought this back in december for $14.... two bulbs have already burnt out. Do not recommend Sylvania. Suggest Philips.
Philips is usually too expensive. Any suggestion where/when we can grab Philips LEB bulb at cheaper price?
Aug 14, 2004
246 posts
131 upvotes
Burnaby
Soft white sucks. Rona has a better sale
Images
  • Screenshot_20200920-220546_Flipp.jpg
Jun 14, 2011
483 posts
494 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any deals for 100w? I find 60w too dim for outdoor nightlight.
Oct 11, 2006
326 posts
56 upvotes
Been looking for deal on 60w soft white dimmable bulbs.. any suggestions?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1654 posts
1214 upvotes
Surrey
starscreamX wrote: Bought this back in december for $14.... two bulbs have already burnt out. Do not recommend Sylvania. Suggest Philips.
Were they stamped Sylvania? Some of the reviews said they received some bulbs that weren't labeled sylvania and those failed. Most of the reviews seem really good
Koodo $40/13gb $35/10gb wireless plans//
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2595 posts
3526 upvotes
BC
Also got in on that deal but mine are going strong, no burn outs.

Not sure if current deal is bad or if $14 was a super hot price
Apr 13, 2010
145 posts
232 upvotes
Given how long LEDs are supposed to last, and how bad most of the cheaper ones are, I don't think it's a good idea to shop on price. Better to stick to stuff that's 90+ CRI and dimmable, so your friends and family don't wrongly conclude that they hate LED bulbs.
Jul 8, 2013
91 posts
77 upvotes
AMHERST
S1 wrote: Given how long LEDs are supposed to last, and how bad most of the cheaper ones are, I don't think it's a good idea to shop on price. Better to stick to stuff that's 90+ CRI and dimmable, so your friends and family don't wrongly conclude that they hate LED bulbs.
And without the 60hz flicker
Jun 14, 2011
483 posts
494 upvotes
Richmond Hill
joshfindit wrote: And without the 60hz flicker
Is that the flicker you see in the phone camera? I thought all leds do that?
May 22, 2010
6 posts
21 upvotes
Burnaby
I bought some cheap ones from shopper+ and 15 have burnt out in under a year. Phillips is solid. I have had luck with Feit brand bulbs but YMMV.

GE bulbs also have burnt out but I'm sure those are just rebranded cheapos.

But I have also had Ikea bulb (cheap non dimmable) last 3+ years with no burn outs.

Great value bulbs have overheated and the socket broke off (100w equivalent).
Jul 8, 2013
91 posts
77 upvotes
AMHERST
xXKEIXx wrote: Is that the flicker you see in the phone camera? I thought all leds do that?
Typically yes you can see them in the phone camera. You can also see it if you wave your hand in the air in the light from a flickering bulb (it will look like pictures of your hand frozen in place instead of one continuous blur).

And no: LEDs don’t naturally flicker, 60hz is just the cheap way to do it because it means you can basically power them straight from the 60hz AC power. Better LEDs will convert the AC to DC and power the LED from that, creating 0 flicker.
If they are dimmable bulbs they may use flickering in the form of PWM even if they convert to DC, and if they are better PWM bulbs they will flicker at much higher rates. The APA102 (RGB LED) flickers at 19khz, for example. I also have DIY accent lighting that flickers at 20khz, and even at the dimmest setting I can’t see any flicker at all.
Jul 17, 2012
726 posts
276 upvotes
Kamloops
so i had philips 60w first a bit yellow colour, then the hyperikon from amazon (now no longer selling this), daylight white 100w equivalent. then got a few philips dimable ones, now got these amazon LE brand like 4 bucks each 100w equivalent. so far the LE is the brightest. don't know how long it will last. the philips non dimable 60w ones started flashing time to time, definitely not to the rated hours at all. hyperikon is pretty bad too not as bright as the LE, some failed but mostly decently working still.

https://www.amazon.ca/Halogen-Equivalen ... 707&sr=8-9

haven't tried the amazonbasics ones yet, probably same quality like the LE one. 60w ones are quite dim if you are only running one bulb. my home each light have 3 bulbs, i mix the 60w with 100w and i am pretty happy with the brightness and colour.