Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Tamron 70-210mm F/4 Di VC USD Lens for Canon EF Digital SLR Camera @ $524.19 (ATL)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 5:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1309 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Tamron 70-210mm F/4 Di VC USD Lens for Canon EF Digital SLR Camera @ $524.19 (ATL)

The Tamron 70-210mm F4 is at an ATL of $524.19! Not a bad price for a nice zoom lens @ F4 if you're okay with this aperature. Keep in mind you don't get the Tamron warranty since Amazon is not an approved seller so YMMV!

Beats the $699 open box price on the tamron sale by a bit!
15 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
4870 posts
6808 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
aquaman123 wrote: Warranty is only for USA unfortunately ☹️
https://www.tamron-usa.com/support/warranty.html

Tamron Canada has its own 6y warranty, that extends to 10 after registration
https://www.tamron.ca/warranty-10years/
Oh, you're right. I wonder if any of the authorized dealers will price match: https://www.tamron.ca/dealers-search/
Last edited by Nikhilvoid on Aug 24th, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1471 posts
404 upvotes
Bedford
Super pricing on a very nice lens.

I have the 70-400 f4 Nikon, only because I was burned by Tamron in the past regarding z6 compatibility.

F4 is a bit of a problem vs 2.8, but the f4 is very back friendly.
Jr. Member
May 5, 2020
121 posts
287 upvotes
F4 is a killer , would rather to pay two times more for F2.8 than going with F4
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1309 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
baillieul wrote: Super pricing on a very nice lens.

I have the 70-400 f4 Nikon, only because I was burned by Tamron in the past regarding z6 compatibility.

F4 is a bit of a problem vs 2.8, but the f4 is very back friendly.
what do you mean by back friendly?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
7472 posts
6393 upvotes
forevergone wrote: what do you mean by back friendly?
Heavy. F2.8 is a much heavier lens. 3.3lb vs 2lb for F4.

Isn't F4 is straightly for bird watching? What else are these good for? Too slow for sports.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
4870 posts
6808 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Xtrema wrote: Heavy. F2.8 is a much heavier lens. 3.3lb vs 2lb for F4.

Isn't F4 is straightly for bird watching? What else are these good for? Too slow for sports.
I almost always stop down to 4 on my f2.8 anyway, so I think a 70-210 f4 would be a good all-rounder
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 22, 2018
559 posts
1060 upvotes
Canada
Nikhilvoid wrote: I almost always stop down to 4 on my f2.8 anyway, so I think a 70-210 f4 would be a good all-rounder
Yep, for sharpness though, this lens you will not be shooting at F4, you will find yourself stopping down to the sweet spot between 5.6 and 8.0 for almost all focal ranges
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1471 posts
404 upvotes
Bedford
Xtrema wrote: Heavy. F2.8 is a much heavier lens. 3.3lb vs 2lb for F4.

Isn't F4 is straightly for bird watching? What else are these good for? Too slow for sports.
When covering a wedding, you can easily have a 70-200 2.8 over your shoulder for 8 hours. It does tire you out and cause back pain. If the wedding has a outdoor ceremony and formals, the f4 does just fine. If its an indoor ceremony in a dark church, pop on an 85 1.8.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 22, 2018
559 posts
1060 upvotes
Canada
baillieul wrote: When covering a wedding, you can easily have a 70-200 2.8 over your shoulder for 8 hours. It does tire you out and cause back pain. If the wedding has a outdoor ceremony and formals, the f4 does just fine. If its an indoor ceremony in a dark church, pop on an 85 1.8.
Yep, Sounds about right. Plus, the most reliable zoom is your legs :P
So now we've covered back, legs, shoulder.
Who's got arms?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
4870 posts
6808 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I jumped on this yesterday, but I might cancel since my 55-250mm STM is apparently sharp enough and lighter for a travel zoom. Anyone used both?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1471 posts
404 upvotes
Bedford
Nikhilvoid wrote: I jumped on this yesterday, but I might cancel since my 55-250mm STM is apparently sharp enough and lighter for a travel zoom. Anyone used both?
I think your 55-250 doesn't do a constant f4, and APSC ( crop format ) format. Totally different product, but would be a find 'good light' travel lens on a crop body.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2016
1585 posts
1413 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: I jumped on this yesterday, but I might cancel since my 55-250mm STM is apparently sharp enough and lighter for a travel zoom. Anyone used both?
I would keep using the STM 55-250mm. It is one of those legendarily sharp lens. The next upgrade will be F2.8 for portraits or indoor "dark" sport events. Getting a F4 full frame lens of that focal range is pointless, especially on a APS-C body.

If you ever go full frame, get the RF 24-240mm. Another legendarily sharp lens for a walk around lens.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360

Top