Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] TaoTronics 4L Cool Mist Humidifier, LED Display, Ultrasonic Humidifier 360 Rotational $47.99 Lightning deal

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2018 9:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8965 posts
9949 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] TaoTronics 4L Cool Mist Humidifier, LED Display, Ultrasonic Humidifier 360 Rotational $47.99 Lightning deal

Looks like they're doing lightning deals for Cyber Monday

$47.99 White (Lowest Price within the last year): https://www.amazon.ca/Humidifiers-TaoTr ... B00V4TL514
$49.59 Black: https://www.amazon.ca/Humidifiers-TaoTr ... B075M4L9TS

Good reviews on Amazon. 15 Hour operating capacity.

TaoTronics – Enhance Your Life
Move forward, find your possible, enhance your life with TaoTronics. We help people discover products that address life’s needs and inspire you to enhance your life. From home goods to gym essentials and audio accessories, move life forward with products designed to match your grit and speed.

Benefits and Key Features
TaoTronics humidifiers add moisture to improve air quality for your home and office: relief the discomforts such as nasal congestion, skin and eye dryness; alleviate many common nuisances such as static electricity and cracks in furniture. Studies also show that the flu virus don't spread well in humidity.

Key Features of This Model
1. Ultra-Silent with Ultrasounds
2. Better, Safer Air
3. Adjustable Vapor for Multiple Needs
4. Up to 15 Hours of Mist
5. Full of User-Friendly Features

Warm Tips
1. Please do not add any essential oils into the humidifier.
2. Please do not place this product on blankets or towels.
3. The most comfortable environmental humidity is between 45%-60%. Please adjust the mist as you need. If humidity is too high, please do not use this product.

Technical Specifications
Model: TT-AH001
Voltage: 120V/60Hz
Power: 30W
Water Tank Volume: 4L
Working Time: 15h Max
Max Humidity Increase: 300±30mL/h
Noise Level: ≤38dB(A)

What's in the Box
1 x TaoTronics Humidifier (Model: TT-AH001)
1 x Cleaning Brush
1 x Filter
1 x User Guide

Warranty and Customer Services
All TaoTronics humidifiers come with 12-month warranty. Please contact the customer services with support.ca@taotronics.com if there is any problem with your product and we will get back to you with a suitable solution within 2 business days.

Last edited by Wizard1 on Nov 26th, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Mar 14, 2013
275 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto
Is the deal dead? I see $74.99.

Edit: Sorry didn't read properly.
Last edited by btwitsmatt on Nov 13th, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2028 posts
149 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
btwitsmatt wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 8:48 am
Is the deal dead? I see $74.99.
I assume you need to apply the coupon code TTAH0012 at checkout.

OP, how did you discover the coupon code to begin with?

I've actually been eyeing this item every few days for a few months now. It used to sell around $55-60, but then it shot up to $70 a month ago. I was hoping it would go lower than $55 around black friday, because I've seen in the amazon price tracker history that it has been offered below $50 before.

I am hesitant in buying the coolmist at the moment, because I've actually grown accustomed to a heat one I've been using, but needs to be replaced. I usually only use the humidifier in the winter, and the added heat from the heat ones are perfect for warming up a room. But I read a coolmist might humidify a room better. Also, a coolmist doesn't have bacteria issues like a hot one does if you don't clean it often.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3874 posts
1040 upvotes
GTA
MilkyWind wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 8:58 am
I assume you need to apply the coupon code TTAH0012 at checkout.

OP, how did you discover the coupon code to begin with?

I've actually been eyeing this item every few days for a few months now. It used to sell around $55-60, but then it shot up to $70 a month ago. I was hoping it would go lower than $55 around black friday, because I've seen in the amazon price tracker history that it has been offered below $50 before.

I am hesitant in buying the coolmist at the moment, because I've actually grown accustomed to a heat one I've been using, but needs to be replaced. I usually only use the humidifier in the winter, and the added heat from the heat ones are perfect for warming up a room. But I read a coolmist might humidify a room better. Also, a coolmist doesn't have bacteria issues like a hot one does if you don't clean it often.
Yeah, I was looking at this item a while back too. I could swear it was only $60 at the time so this price doesn't actually seem that great.

I ended up buying one of their other models for $47. It's now $58.99 though.

In terms of cool mist vs warm, I can't tell you which is better. Cool obviously does make things a little colder but I put mine practically next to my bed while I sleep and I don't mind it.
Nov 26, 2003
517 posts
324 upvotes
GTA
Fakespot gives the company and the product (blue color- with 1600 reviews) a grade of C.

P.s. are these any different than the ultrasonic humidifiers of the past ? I remember reading about health risks associated with ultrasonic humidifiers because they aerosolize all the impurities in the water - like minerals and bacteria?
Last edited by stang on Nov 13th, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8965 posts
9949 upvotes
I was recently looking for a larger tank Humidifier and saw this as its marked as amazon's choice. Saw the Coupon when I was reading the description. I wasnt aware it was previously about 60
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1365 posts
307 upvotes
Wizard1 wrote: I was recently looking for a larger tank Humidifier and saw this as its marked as amazon's choice. Saw the Coupon when I was reading the description. I wasnt aware it was previously about 60
Does that impact the size of the tank or its ability to add humidity to your room?
Nov 21, 2016
358 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
I have this and [Upgraded] Humidifiers, TaoTronics Warm and Cool Mist Humidifiers for Home Bedroom, Baby Room, Office, Ultrasonic Humidifier with Large 6L/1.6 Gallon Capacity, External Humidity Sensor, Touch Control Panel, LED Display, Dual 360° Nozzles, 110V https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07572C4G8

I would suggest going for the 2nd one. Slightly more expensive, but higher capacity and also output is 2-3x more than the first.
So would help in slightly bigger rooms.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8965 posts
9949 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 9:23 am
Does that impact the size of the tank or its ability to add humidity to your room?
I want to be able to set it and forget it and not have to constantly have to refill it every few hours
Mar 27, 2011
706 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased this one about a month ago for $59.

It's pretty good, but I do find that it actually cools the room down quite a bit. I would get one with a cool/warm mist function next time.

I only use zerowater filtered water to reduce any mineral build-up.

I've already had to clean the base reservoir once, had mild orangey build-up (common for humidifiers). They give you a small brush to clean.

One thing I have to say though is that you will always spill some water when you take the water reservoir out for refilling.

Next time I would get one that's a top pour.

This model requires you to flip over the water reservoir to unscrew the filling port.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8965 posts
9949 upvotes
gekaizer wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 9:34 am
I purchased this one about a month ago for $59.

It's pretty good, but I do find that it actually cools the room down quite a bit. I would get one with a cool/warm mist function next time.

I only use zerowater filtered water to reduce any mineral build-up.

I've already had to clean the base reservoir once, had mild orangey build-up (common for humidifiers). They give you a small brush to clean.

One thing I have to say though is that you will always spill some water when you take the water reservoir out for refilling.

Next time I would get one that's a top pour.

This model requires you to flip over the water reservoir to unscrew the filling port.
Wouldn't distiller water be cheaper, if you're concerned about mineral buildup? I use it for my cpap machine. Usually goes on sale for $0.79 for a 4L jug
Mar 27, 2011
706 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
Wizard1 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 9:44 am
Wouldn't distiller water be cheaper, if you're concerned about mineral buildup? I use it for my cpap machine. Usually goes on sale for $0.79 for a 4L jug
Oh I use the zero water jug filter. I can't imagine it being more than 79c per use!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8965 posts
9949 upvotes
gekaizer wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 9:53 am

Oh I use the zero water jug filter. I can't imagine it being more than 79c per use!
Oh sorry I'm not familiar with those, so it's like a brita? How effective is it? I would image it would take out impurities but it takes it minerals as well?
Jan 28, 2018
684 posts
1074 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PS: Goes on lightning sale every week @ $52.69
We The North!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
1856 posts
1359 upvotes
Vancouver
The smaller 3.5L version often goes on for $30. I have one for my babies room for the winter months and it's perfect, especially if he gets sick.