• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2021 9:45 am
[OP]
Mar 24, 2021
2 posts
5 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] TaoTronics Air Purifiers for Home $89.99 after coupon + promo code

Air Purifiers for Home for $89.99 By Using Code: APMBTXJY + Apply $20 coupon

[Combination of Advanced 3-Stage Filtration System]: Pre-filter, Activated Carbon Filter, and True HEPA filter. TaoTronics HEPA Air Purifiers removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
[Achieve Rapid Purification]: CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate): 150m³/h, air purifiers for home covers up to 224ft² (20m²) circulates clean and fresh air quickly in your room. Ideal for pet owners, kids, and sensitive nose/ throat sufferers.
[Lower Energy Consumption]: Set a timer between 1h 4h 8h to run and then auto shut off.
Images
  • Screenshot_14.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 13th, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
40 replies
Sep 8, 2010
218 posts
326 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks a lot, was looking for an air purifier Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 26, 2019
82 posts
47 upvotes
Buy BlueAir if you can. Stay away from these random Amazon brands like Levoit and TaoTranics. You can see this article from CBC on their comparison of Air Purifiers, it does not cover this particular model but is a good indicative - https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/portab ... -1.5900782

Also, Ikea air filter is a good option for a low price.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5691 posts
2522 upvotes
Toronto
AstonM wrote: Recently bought this and would trust ikea more than TaoTronics. No timer or anything, but filters are cheap.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/foernuftig ... -50461961/
The fact that it's not digital may be a good thing. It means if you wanted to you could hook it up to a smart plug if you wanted to use scheduling features etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2455 posts
590 upvotes
Thornhill
the reviews seem good... but what do i know about air purifiers. :S
Dec 2, 2010
313 posts
352 upvotes
Terrace
AstonM wrote: Recently bought this and would trust ikea more than TaoTronics. No timer or anything, but filters are cheap.

There is a timer on this - you can literally see it in the photos. You can set it to 1H, 4H and 8H.

Edit to add to this: I own a different model and it has a super low fan mode that is basically silent. Secondly, don't trust the reviews on Amazon Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Edit 2: misread - thought OP was talking about taotronics
Last edited by blackstaffer on Apr 13th, 2021 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 18, 2006
731 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Why do folks need air purifiers anyway? Is canadian air not clean? Is this thing going to significantly reduce the amount of dust in my home? Further.... I live in a 3 bedroom house. Do you need a purifier in each room? It seems so unnecessary
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
5170 posts
1464 upvotes
aks005 wrote: Buy BlueAir if you can. Stay away from these random Amazon brands like Levoit and TaoTranics. You can see this article from CBC on their comparison of Air Purifiers, it does not cover this particular model but is a good indicative - https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/portab ... -1.5900782

They compared apples and oranges. I don't know what's so hard about comparing similarly sized purifiers designed for similar spaces.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Dec 2, 2010
313 posts
352 upvotes
Terrace
antime1 wrote: Why do folks need air purifiers anyway? Is canadian air not clean? Is this thing going to significantly reduce the amount of dust in my home? Further.... I live in a 3 bedroom house. Do you need a purifier in each room? It seems so unnecessary
A lot of condos get really dusty, fast and the only point where you get any filtration is the fan coil unit. It's especially useful in reducing the staleness of the air in the winter when you don't want to keep the window open.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20097 posts
5527 upvotes
Good Morning
antime1 wrote: Why do folks need air purifiers anyway? Is canadian air not clean? Is this thing going to significantly reduce the amount of dust in my home? Further.... I live in a 3 bedroom house. Do you need a purifier in each room? It seems so unnecessary
I got 2 cats and my gf is a serial shedder in a 2 bedroom 900 sq ft condo. I groom them every week and especially during seasonal change, they can shed a lot.

I have 2 air purifiers (RabbitAir 550sq ft models) and this is about 2 weeks of cleaning. It also has a carbon filter to filter out cooking smells. It works real well for us.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by coriolis on Apr 13th, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1255 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
I have this exact model. I bought it in the winter and left it near my bedroom vent. The amount of dust accumulated was high. I would just clean it once every 2 weeks.
Spring came around and continued using it because of heavy allergies. Noticed the room getting humid while this was running. Turned it off and the room was no longer humid.

Not good for spring/summer use. Would get it only for use in the colder fall/winter.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3135 posts
1747 upvotes
Toronto
Nev007 wrote:
How is the ikea one? Is it loud?
Level 1 isn't noticeable at all, 2 is reasonable but i like white noise, 3 is definitely too loud to enjoy, I sit 2-3 feet away from it in a small office
blackstaffer wrote: There is a timer on this - you can literally see it in the photos. You can set it to 1H, 4H and 8H.

Edit to add to this: I own a different model and it has a super low fan mode that is basically silent. Secondly, don't trust the reviews on Amazon Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I was referring to the IKEA one not having a timer.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3135 posts
1747 upvotes
Toronto
Pets, dust, older homes, allergies, cooking smells if you don't have adequate ventilation, smokers in building, etc.

I have 1 and just for my basement office - newer flooring etc and there is a high VOC reading in the room.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4702 posts
2068 upvotes
GTA

Nice. Thanks. Considering getting this one if it performs well, especially for the price.

My room seems to get a ridiculous amount of dust. Wouldn't mind giving this a try.

Have you noticed a difference?
Apr 10, 2006
404 posts
210 upvotes
coriolis wrote: I got 2 cats and my gf is a serial shedder in a 2 bedroom 900 sq ft condo. I groom them every week and especially during seasonal change, they can shed a lot.

I have 2 air purifiers (RabbitAir 550sq ft models) and this is about 2 weeks of cleaning. It also has a carbon filter to filter out cooking smells. It works real well for us.
At first read, I read your gf is a serial shredder. Thinking she goes around shredding any paper she sees. Then to add further confusion, you groom her as well?

Sorry. I'm sleepy. Need more coffee. Lol.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5039 posts
4123 upvotes
aks005 wrote: Buy BlueAir if you can. Stay away from these random Amazon brands like Levoit and TaoTranics. You can see this article from CBC on their comparison of Air Purifiers, it does not cover this particular model but is a good indicative - https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/portab ... -1.5900782

except the levoit worked exactly as described, i mean they tested a blue air 211 rated for much larger spaces compared to the levoit model they chose. levoit makes a number of models and there's lots of 3rd party testing on the various models and they perform very well and as described in terms of cadr and efficiency
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2557 posts
1909 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: the reviews seem good... but what do i know about air purifiers. :S
Don't trust the reviews. Most sellers paid to get a good review.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5039 posts
4123 upvotes

Nev007 wrote: How is the ikea one? Is it loud?
Dave98 wrote: Nice. Thanks. Considering getting this one if it performs well, especially for the price.

My room seems to get a ridiculous amount of dust. Wouldn't mind giving this a try.

Have you noticed a difference?
pay attention..the ikea one is rated only for upto 10sqm or 108sqft, it would've performed terribly in that test as well against purifiers rated for larger spaces. That comparison by cbc is useless other than they point out it's cadr that matters and all the tested models performed near their rated cadr

so you can't just compare an ikea purifer rated for 100 sqft vs the one posted rated for 224 sqft. you need two ikea ones (and two filter replacements) to get same air purifying capacity as the one posted.