Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TaoTronics Bluetooth Earbuds - SoundLiberty 92 - $44.99 (with $10 coupon applied)

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
I have soundpeats and don't mind the sound at all, and the nice thing is, they are cheap enough, I have a set in each vehicle, one in the camper, one at work in my locker. I have different styles, some are mini buds, in the ears, others look like the taotronics ones here, I am tempted to try these but I have too many...
I have shared deals here before as well, as my "trending" items on Amazon, always shows me earbud deals, as I have purchased a few... and was called shill, etc...

So, is there anyone that actually owns these that can comment on comfort, sound and connection???

Actually, just looking again and realized that there is no ear pad, or tip... not a fan of the airpod style with hard plastic in my ear...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Jan 13, 2009
397 posts
486 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote:
So, is there anyone that actually owns these that can comment on comfort, sound and connection???

Actually, just looking again and realized that there is no ear pad, or tip... not a fan of the airpod style with hard plastic in my ear...
Hi, yeah these are not for you because they are similar to the airpods. It's for people who don't like the in-ear type and like the hard plastic that doesn't go into the ear channel.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Alfred25 wrote: Hi, yeah these are not for you because they are similar to the airpods. It's for people who don't like the in-ear type and like the hard plastic that doesn't go into the ear channel.
Yeah, it's not so much the hard plastic etc, I just find for me, they don't stay put. I have other teardrop styles, that stay put no matter what.
Thanks
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
umopapisdnwei wrote: This is so annoying. It makes it very hard to trust the reviews for a company that does this.
Yup tons of companies do it. I got a free pair of earbuds from Taotronics. I wouldn't trust the reviews. Always look at the bad reviews first.

The pair I got were decent. Honestly they make good budget earbuds. They aren't bad, but not the best you can get either. And because it's with Amazon it's really easy to return them if you don't like them.
If you are and audiophile don't waste your time with any of these budget earbuds.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Tha DraGun wrote: If you are and audiophile don't waste your time with any of these budget earbuds.
This is honestly the best advice that should be posted with every single one of these budget TWS earbud deal posts.

None of them are going to have astounding audio quality. Here's the most important things to try to find out with budget-level truly wireless buds:
  • Do they stay connected (to the phone, and to each other) or do you have to constantly re-pair them?
  • Is the battery life reasonable?
  • What's the recharge time like?
  • Are the touch controls reliable?
If all of those are acceptable and they're under $50, then it really just comes down to ear fit. My Taotronics had decent battery life, decent charging time, and the audio was fine (for me) with a surprisingly decent microphone for calls... But they CONSTANTLY got disconnected from each other, requiring me to fully factory reset them several times to try to get them to find each other again. And the touch controls were capacitive, which meant not only did they not work with gloves in the winter, but also in the summer if you adjusted them for fit because of sweat, you'd often end up triggering the controls (and if memory serves, on mine the single touch command was volume up or down (depending on right or left), and the volume setting was *internal to the earbuds*, not adjusting the volume on the phone. Just an incredibly frustrating experience all around.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5101 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster
I ended up returning mine. Stereo connection failing after 2 days of receiving the unit did not inspire confidence. They wanted to just replace with another unit but I didn't want to get locked in on something I didn't need.
Jun 24, 2015
771 posts
677 upvotes
mikemike192 wrote: Don't feel bad, I had the same experience with posting an amazon deal I saw on facebook ad with a discount code.

I'm not sure how we could possibly get paid with a generic code/coupon posted on the product page itself :facepalm:

Neutral Face Now I don't bother posting much unless I have the time to fact check and everything to make sure nothing offends people on rfd
Nothing will be not offended all people on RFD if it makes sense. Or just people on the Internet.
May 12, 2012
696 posts
804 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Honestly, it's a decent deal. I gave it an upvote. But, supporting company practices like this to save a few bucks makes the consumer lose out in the long run. Unfortunately, I guess I'll be avoiding this company's products. To each their own.

Cheers!
Nov 17, 2013
358 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i bought these just to have an extra lying around. i accidentally put my galaxy buds in the washing machine and they mostly broke. Samsung was able to replace for free under warranty, but i had to be a little vague on how they were damaged.

Honestly, these taotronics headphones are not very good in terms of sound quality. they're decently comfortable and OK at sound. perfect beater set of headphones. the galaxy buds+ at $136 is what i would be getting if you want really good quality sound

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)