Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] TaoTronics Dimmable LED Floor Light with 5 brightness levels & 3 colors, 1800 Lumens $ 56.24 (reg $79.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2019 2:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5180 posts
3434 upvotes
purebluejapan wrote: Damn this one is actually nice.. I might have to get it for my living room and bedroom. 3000k is not a problem considering 3000k on LEDs is still colder than a traditional 3000k light bulb.
Really? Source please... 3000 Kelvin light colour is 3000 Kelvin, wether it is sourced from a LED or a regular incandescent light bulb. Like 100 Km/h in Canada is the same 100 KM/h elsewhere

Kelvin is a unit of measure, like Km.
Jan 5, 2014
173 posts
389 upvotes
Mississauga
Just a heads up to those considering the Costco lamp, I bought two of them last year and both had loose connections where the two arched pieces connect in the middle. I returned both. Clearly the previous poster had better luck than I did, but buyer beware anyway
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5180 posts
3434 upvotes
WgnDrgn wrote: Just a heads up to those considering the Costco lamp, I bought two of them last year and both had loose connections where the two arched pieces connect in the middle. I returned both. Clearly the previous poster had better luck than I did, but buyer beware anyway
There is a thread about this lamp, you should post your review there... I see that IT got quite bad reviews on Costco's page
Nov 10, 2003
567 posts
114 upvotes
Richmond
DealPanda wrote: Just wondering, why would I get the old one for more expensive with the new one with an extra colour is slightly cheaper with the coupon code. Is the old one better in quality? I am debating which one to get haha.
Thanks Op
The expensive one generate 1800 lumens, the cheaper one is 1000 lux & 600 lumens.

I prefer the expensive one, but I don't like the cable exposes half way when it is being use as floor lamp.
Nov 10, 2003
567 posts
114 upvotes
Richmond
westcoastyvr wrote: The 'newer' model for $59.99 has a $7 coupon.
From one of the reviews,

- Lack of memory when power cut off prevents use with power bar or smart plug
- Non-tactile buttons difficult to “feel”, requires view of top of lamp

This are deal breaker for me.
Jun 8, 2005
56 posts
15 upvotes
Sunmax wrote: From one of the reviews,

- Lack of memory when power cut off prevents use with power bar or smart plug
- Non-tactile buttons difficult to “feel”, requires view of top of lamp

This are deal breaker for me.
Do you know if the "older" one has a memory that will work with a smart plug?
Mar 21, 2013
215 posts
78 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks OP. I bought the newer version last week for like 59 all in, and it's wonderful. I have it beside my bed for reading, but man it can light the entire room with no issue. The only problem for me is the small standby LED on the top that if pointed at a brighter surface can be quite annoying, but a small square of electrical tape fixed it. Better than anything at ikea imo.