• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2021 1:21 pm
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
340 posts
504 upvotes
ottawa

[Amazon.ca] TaoTronics Humidifiers for Bedroom (6L) , 3 for $150

THE PRICE $50 is if you buy 3 items. Read carefully.

Multiple promotions on TaoTronics Humidifiers for Bedroom (6L), Essential Oils Diffuser, Remote Control, Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifiers, Top Fill, Remote Control, Sleep Mode, Customized Humidity, LED Display.
Well reviewed humidifier, large capacity, warm and cool mist...

Nothing said in description about absorbing pads but, many questions on this topic so, I guess this model is using some sort of absorbing pads. Some answers seem to indicate that they are needed for hard water which is not the case in my house. Will see...

Promotions:
$10 off sale
30% off if you buy 3 (20% off for 2)
$15 off
No taxes
Some other promos that I dont see like what is $65.99 discount but, when I added 3 to checkout I got $149.99. This might just be a discount set up and calculation error.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08B54 ... _qh_dp_hza

There are some other humidifiers this brand on various promos but, this seem to be the best. I picked up three of this one, two for bedrooms and one for the living room.
Images
  • taotron.jpg
Last edited by gena_mak on Jan 22nd, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 8 times in total.
83 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3753 posts
270 upvotes
Your title is a bit misleading. For someone who wants only ONE of these, it's $94.99 (prime shipping for members, $15 off coupon, and no taxes).

On another note, I purchased this this for a family member who lives in a condo where the air is very dry. This has been working great so far.
Oct 21, 2014
26 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just tried and got same. Good find.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1344 posts
1018 upvotes
tigger03 wrote: Your title is a bit misleading. For someone who wants only ONE of these, it's $94.99 (prime shipping for members, $15 off coupon, and no taxes).
What's up with this lately? People are making clickbait deals now. There's zero way to buy one of these for $50. The title should ready 3 humidifiers for $150.
Jul 29, 2020
104 posts
563 upvotes
tigger03 wrote: Your title is a bit misleading. For someone who wants only ONE of these, it's $94.99 (prime shipping for members, $15 off coupon, and no taxes).

On another note, I purchased this this for a family member who lives in a condo where the air is very dry. This has been working great so far.
If you add just one of them to the cart the cost comes to $62 after tax.
Dec 9, 2001
355 posts
122 upvotes
Scarborough
YMMV, but in my box, TaoTronics included a $50 Amazon Gift Card which made this a super hot deal!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3753 posts
270 upvotes
asianraver wrote: YMMV, but in my box, TaoTronics included a $50 Amazon Gift Card which made this a super hot deal!
Did you end up getting the giftcard? And that's for the positive review that you had to post for this product. I'm still waiting for two of mine to be processed.
Last edited by tigger03 on Jan 22nd, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3753 posts
270 upvotes
droopytrash wrote: If you add just one of them to the cart the cost comes to $62 after tax.
Do you have a screenshot? I've attached mine. It's $94.99 for ONE, with the $15 coupon applied.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210122_125004.jpg
Dec 9, 2001
355 posts
122 upvotes
Scarborough
tigger03 wrote: Did you end up getting the giftcard? And that's for the positive review that you had to post for this product..
Correct, i left a review, then emailed them. And i got my $50 Amazon gc.
Dec 9, 2001
355 posts
122 upvotes
Scarborough
Great deal if someone wants more than 1, or can split with family/friends.

Thanks OP!
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
340 posts
504 upvotes
ottawa
DanP wrote: What's up with this lately? People are making clickbait deals now. There's zero way to buy one of these for $50. The title should ready 3 humidifiers for $150.
Better now?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9974 posts
2618 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Keep in mind that ultrasonic humidifiers, while efficient, requires the use of deonized/distilled water if you don't want to send white dust everywhere, especially if you have hard(er) water.
OK if you have a reverse osmosis water filtration system at home but with plain tap or well water, everything will be covered with a fine white dust...

I'm returning my Senville, which works great but have gotten noisier than when I first got it and I'm going with an evaporative unit instead, I'll rather have to purchase new wicks then get dust everywhere lol
$75 https://www.amazon.ca/Senville-Humidifi ... 07XYF3KZR/
Costco sells the same unit for $110 https://www.costco.ca/ecohouzng-ultraso ... 19235.html

Now I'm getting this one instead, the only Honeywell with an humidistat, also like the large tank and tower form factor but the wicking media is rather small compared to the tabletop units that uses a cylindrical wick (more surface area)
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/hone ... 5150p.html

[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
340 posts
504 upvotes
ottawa
Daijoubu wrote: Keep in mind that ultrasonic humidifiers, while efficient, requires the use of deonized/distilled water if you don't want to send white dust everywhere, especially if you have hard water.
OK if you have a reverse osmosis water filtration system at home but with tap water, everything will be covered with a fine white dust...

I'm returning my Senville, which works great but have gotten noisier than when I first got it and I'm going with an evaporative unit instead, I'll rather have to purchase new wicks then get dust everywhere lol
$75 https://www.amazon.ca/Senville-Humidifi ... 07XYF3KZR/
Costco sells the same unit for $110 https://www.costco.ca/ecohouzng-ultraso ... 19235.html

Now I'm getting this one instead, the only Honeywell with an humidistat, also like the large tank and tower form factor but the wicking media is rather small compared to the tabletop units that uses a cylindrical wick (more surface area)
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/hone ... 5150p.html

I think it depends on water hardness. My neighbour has ultrasonic using tap water for the last 3 months and no dust at all. Also, some people saying that warm mist helps with dust. Will see, I have RO system for my coffee machine so, will try it too.
Jul 29, 2020
104 posts
563 upvotes
tigger03 wrote: Do you have a screenshot? I've attached mine. It's $94.99 for ONE, with the $15 coupon applied.
Weird it is showing as your price now after adding it again.
Feb 13, 2018
36 posts
17 upvotes
Anyone in Toronto looking to buy just two, I am down to get one from you. PM if interested.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9974 posts
2618 upvotes
Montreal, QC
gena_mak wrote: I think it depends on water hardness. My neighbour has ultrasonic using tap water for the last 3 months and no dust at all. Also, some people saying that warm mist helps with dust. Will see, I have RO system for my coffee machine so, will try it too.
Oddly enough, we're not supposed to use RO water to brew coffee, you NEED the minerals to extract them flavors
I'm on city water and it's only moderately hard, ~115 ppm

Edit: Looked up Ottawa and your guy's water is pretty soft, only ~30ppm
Last edited by Daijoubu on Jan 22nd, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1439 posts
2865 upvotes
NinaC60151 wrote: Why down vote, I got 3 it's a good deal
I think most downvotes are coming from the fact that you need to get 3. It would have been a different story if you could buy just 1 for $50. Most people will not need 3 units.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1377 posts
588 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP! I have actually one of this humidifier and I like it. Don't think it has a demineralization cartridge so we use distilled water. Yes it's $1/4L but based on a Honeywell we looked at, the cost of demineralization cartridges wasn't much less than the cost of distilled water.

The one under discussion is top load, 6L, and has a built-in humidistat (humidity meter). It's not always in agreement with the standalone meter we have, but the unit does shut off from time to time which is a big benefit vs having to turn it up or down based on comfort.

$50@ for 3 is a great price. $95 would be pretty good if I only needed one. I paid $105 for the one I have, and considered a reasonable compromise of function/cost. Also, no tax.