Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] TaoTronics Mesh WiFi System Tri-Band AC3000 - $231.49 (Taxes Included)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 6:54 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
372 posts
563 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Amazon.ca] TaoTronics Mesh WiFi System Tri-Band AC3000 - $231.49 (Taxes Included)

I've been looking for a mesh system that's tri-band (for dedicated wireless backhaul). Missed out on the eeros from Walmart. Most reviews I can find seem to be good. Price is great for the features. It's on sale for $246.49 but there's also a $15 coupon under the price to take this down to $231.49 and there's no tax.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08CNFHYW5

• AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi & 4 Gigabit Ethernet Wired Connection: Strong connection with 2.4GHz even at an extended distance, 5.0GHz supports high-speed internet surfing, and an extra 5.8GHz band for a less crowded network – perfect for any home shape, size, or wherever your internet outlet is located.Delivers a fast wired connection to your high-speed devices like an Xbox console; connect a flash drive or SSD for NAS local cloud service
  • Full Coverage, No Dead Zones: Entertain or work with seamless roaming, your device scouts the prime connection from the whole home mesh routers and switches in only 40ms; we recommend placing one per floor, 2 routers for 5,000 square feet and 3 for a 6000 square feet home area
  • 500Mbps Max. Band Width: Efficiently delivers the full wireless band to all your smart devices – especially 200Mbps or higher speeds from your service provider – upgrade your old router with the TaoTronics mesh for a fast lane experience courtesy of the mesh technology
  • 200 Devices for Each Router: Build your smart home with this powerful WiFi router as the foundation and enjoy a high-speed WiFi network strong enough for high-demand devices like a 4K streaming TV box; each router supports a stable connection for up to 200 devices
  • Easy App Controls & Durable Quality: TT Mesh app on both Android and iOS provides easy network setup in 10mins (one wire needed!), private guest WiFi, smart parental controls, anti-virus protection, network management, remote control of home devices, etc.Thanks to the aluminum alloy heat sink and upright heat dissipation, the mesh router operates smoothly in years to come as it stays cool when working with full loads
Last edited by whoace on Nov 3rd, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
54 replies
Dec 4, 2017
305 posts
364 upvotes
Whitby
Multiple top reviewers posted 5 start feedbacks.
Sorry, not for me.
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
372 posts
563 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
MrMello wrote: Multiple top reviewers posted 5 start feedbacks.
Sorry, not for me.
Seems like a pretty reliable review to me. I'm willing to take a chance for the price.
tao.png
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2495 posts
1398 upvotes
Taotronics for your home wifi? Sorry, I'd rather give up my life's data to Google...
Dec 4, 2017
305 posts
364 upvotes
Whitby
whoace wrote: Seems like a pretty reliable review to me. I'm willing to take a chance for the price.

tao.png
Maybe it's just me, but when a seller is paying multiple people for fake reviews, even if there is a valid review in the middle (what is probably not the case to that review too) I don't feel confident about the product.
Feb 16, 2015
22 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
I love their humidifier and bluetooth earbuds.

But no way I am getting router from TaoTronics. Nope.
Oct 27, 2013
209 posts
126 upvotes
Interesting product considering the much pricier comparables. Amazon showing $169 now for a limited time offer.
https://www.amazon.ca/TaoTronics-Tri-Ba ... ics&sr=1-3

Seems like decent price and performance after checking youtube for reviews : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3IfxS3DDI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlL-TBLQmp0

Can use UGO promotion with Amazon gift cards to buy.

Will give it a try at my parents place.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10875 posts
5113 upvotes
Fake reviews 100%.. There know to give discounts or free items to get a deal posted or reviewed with 5 stars. Now ive used some of there items and not all are bad some are actually good but you cant trust there 5 star reviews.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Apr 26, 2009
728 posts
512 upvotes
Calgary
I have a humidifier and air purifier from them and they’re great. Don’t think I’d use them for network gear though. Stick with a well known brand. You know what you’re getting at least.
Jan 5, 2007
223 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Stagaz630 wrote: According to Fakespot, "Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is high deception involved".
I'm curious how does fake spot work? Is it based on the language used or pattern of people who post reviews?

I have a TaoTronics led lamp that I use for the office. Basically does what I want - bright and cheap. I really like it so I left a review on Amazon and it got deleted. Not sure how good their WiFi system is though. I don't know how to filter reviews as fake other than ignore the ones with bad engRish Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jan 21, 2003
184 posts
21 upvotes
I know they sent me out a card saying that if I posted a good review and linked it to them they would give me a $20 GC. I liked the humidifier but that is pretty scummy.
...Smiloid
Sep 22, 2020
261 posts
317 upvotes
major153 wrote: I'm curious how does fake spot work? Is it based on the language used or pattern of people who post reviews?

I have a TaoTronics led lamp that I use for the office. Basically does what I want - bright and cheap. I really like it so I left a review on Amazon and it got deleted. Not sure how good their WiFi system is though. I don't know how to filter reviews as fake other than ignore the ones with bad engRish Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I think you misspelled English, although it could be just a light form of discrimination
Jun 24, 2015
294 posts
225 upvotes
I have their humidifier too, great product.
But network stuff, I pick tplink just for what it is
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15289 posts
6693 upvotes
Ottawa
When buying a network device, you are buying into the reputation of the vendor. A good vendor will provide solid firmware, patch security holes as they are discovered, and is generally trustworthy.

Considering these vendors pay for good reviews, makes me wonder why I would trust them
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1201 posts
1748 upvotes
GPS - error
Is this an air purifier and router all in one ?
Dec 29, 2003
658 posts
316 upvotes
Montreal
I have 5 of these in my house and they work great.
Lots of YouTube videos from Europe give this rave reviews.
It's hard to find another tri-band router , with 4 gigabit ports, at this price.
They have regular firmware updates.
But if you want to fine tweak specifics for advanced networking, this router is not for you.
Basic controls.
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Benjamin Franklin
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1201 posts
1748 upvotes
GPS - error
warpdrive wrote: When buying a network device, you are buying into the reputation of the vendor. A good vendor will provide solid firmware, patch security holes as they are discovered, and is generally trustworthy.

Considering these vendors pay for good reviews, makes me wonder why I would trust them
Cross Asus from that list, firmware support for my Blue Cave has been junk ...
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1458 posts
988 upvotes
Toronto
Their bluetooth stuff is great. China firmware for my whole network though......