Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] TaoTronics Touch Dimmable Flexible Gooseneck LED Floor Light 3 Color Temperature & 5 Levels, Eye-Caring Light $56.25

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2019 2:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8923 posts
9818 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] TaoTronics Touch Dimmable Flexible Gooseneck LED Floor Light 3 Color Temperature & 5 Levels, Eye-Caring Light $56.25

There's a 25% off coupon found in the description: Enter code GVT6WZRQ at checkout

Fakespot B Grade.

https://www.amazon.ca/TaoTronics-Dimmab ... B07D3LKGF7

3 Colors & 5 Brightness Modes: Choose from 15 possible combinations to suit your illumination needs; floor lamp shines bright up to 1800 lm with 12W lighting output
Flexible Gooseneck: Conveniently direct the light where you most need it
Foolproof Touch Control: Set color, brightness, and a 1-hour timer in case you doze off at night; LED floor lamp features a memory function to restore previous settings automatically
Safe & User-Friendly: UL adapter converts voltage to 10V/1.2A to prevent electrical hazards; evenly weighted base prevents the lamp from toppling over
2-in-1 Convertible Design: Tall floor lamp for bedroom and office turns into a compact desk lamp

12 replies
Aug 25, 2011
550 posts
185 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Hate to be nitpicky but I hate it when these photo shots don't show the actual product in its entirety, violates Amazon's imaging rules

where is the plug??
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8923 posts
9818 upvotes
sinasdf wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 9:30 am
Hate to be nitpicky but I hate it when these photo shots don't show the actual product in its entirety, violates Amazon's imaging rules

where is the plug??
I think they're getting away with it because the very last picture of the product shows the item with the plug. That being said, that's a super wierd way for the power plug to be positioned. Why woudn't they run the cable through the base and up the pole, instead of having the cable dangling half way up the pole?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
Wizard1 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 10:58 am
I think they're getting away with it because the very last picture of the product shows the item with the plug. That being said, that's a super wierd way for the power plug to be positioned. Why woudn't they run the cable through the base and up the pole, instead of having the cable dangling half way up the pole?
I was thinking the same thing. I was tempted to purchase this lamp until I seen that the cord is wired into the control half way up the pole instead of the base....
Nov 10, 2003
488 posts
75 upvotes
Richmond
Lush78 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 6:14 pm
I was thinking the same thing. I was tempted to purchase this lamp until I seen that the cord is wired into the control half way up the pole instead of the base....
One of the picture says you can convert it to a desk lamp, so the lower half of the pole can be removed, I guess that's why the cord is wired half way up.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
Sunmax wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 6:48 pm
One of the picture says you can convert it to a desk lamp, so the lower half of the pole can be removed, I guess that's why the cord is wired half way up.
That makes sense and it's a neat feature I suppose. I would still prefer it to be purpose built for one or the other. I doubt people would be going back and forth.
Nov 10, 2003
488 posts
75 upvotes
Richmond
Lush78 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 7:02 pm
That makes sense and it's a neat feature I suppose. I would still prefer it to be purpose built for one or the other. I doubt people would be going back and forth.
I agree. I prefer the core to be connected at the base too so it has a cleaner look.
Jun 12, 2010
629 posts
138 upvotes
Vancouver
Lush78 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 10:15 pm
I purchased a very nice TaoTronics LED desk lamp last week. I'm very impressed with the quality and build. Coincidentally, its currently a lightning deal now too...

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NADV5AY/
I also have this lamp. Would recommend. the 2A plug is nice!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
wiffle wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 8:36 pm
I also have this lamp. Would recommend. the 2A plug is nice!
That was one of the selling points for me too. All the other models including those with wireless charging only had 1A charging USB. The lamp feels very high quality. I'm quite impressed.
Sep 19, 2017
292 posts
115 upvotes
Moncton
Can't beat the price for what it is... thumbs-up for the OP. (And for some reason, amazon offered me another free 30 days prime even though I had it a little over a year ago).
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huewei P20 @ $240
Jan 2, 2012
165 posts
470 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Sunmax wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 7:56 pm
I agree. I prefer the core to be connected at the base too so it has a cleaner look.
Its a 10V power adapter, but they can have the plug in the bottom too, or a little higher to make it safer.

The description says : "Safe & User-Friendly: UL adapter converts voltage to 10V/1.2A to prevent electrical hazards"