• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2021 2:45 am
[OP]
Feb 28, 2015
152 posts
118 upvotes
Corman Park, SK

[Amazon.ca] Tassimo Maxwell House Dark roast 3.98 and Nabob Cafe Crema 3.88

Amazon.ca has some Tassimo t-discs on sale.
The Maxwell House Dark Roast for 3.98
https://www.amazon.ca/TASSIMO-MAXWELL-H ... 757&sr=8-7

And also the Nabob Cafe Crema on for 3.88 each
https://www.amazon.ca/TASSIMO-NABOB-Caf ... 757&sr=8-9

Not sure how long the sale at these prices (or how much they have) so don't wait too long.
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 3rd, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
21 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21193 posts
25173 upvotes
I enjoyed Tassimo, pity the machines are hard to find outside of thrift and garage sales.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2015
152 posts
118 upvotes
Corman Park, SK
redflagdealsguy wrote: I enjoyed Tassimo, pity the machines are hard to find outside of thrift and garage sales.
Just check Kijji
I've seen them as low as 10 to 15 dollars.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2174 posts
861 upvotes
Montréal, QC
redflagdealsguy wrote: I enjoyed Tassimo, pity the machines are hard to find outside of thrift and garage sales.
Are they discontinued?
[OP]
Feb 28, 2015
152 posts
118 upvotes
Corman Park, SK
Clee wrote: Are they discontinued?
They stopped making the machines for Canada , but they still make them for Europe.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2352 posts
1479 upvotes
GTA
Clee wrote: Are they discontinued?
Like the VHS and BetaMax; K-cup seems to be winning - at least in Canada
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5135 posts
5266 upvotes
Vancouver
We still have one. but we don't ever use it much now.

We've tried the Maxwell House and Nabob coffee discs, and thought they were awful.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21193 posts
25173 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: So bad for the environment :/
Buddy, don't get me started. Check out the thread in Shopping Discussion about the 5 cent bags for my insights.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2352 posts
1479 upvotes
GTA
Scote64 wrote: We still have one. but we don't ever use it much now.

We've tried the Maxwell House and Nabob coffee discs, and thought they were awful.
They are awful, period. I tried them both as well (K-cup) 2+ years ago and stopped buying them ever since.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Aug 20, 2011
31 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks for the post OP!

Nabob Cafe Crema is the only flavour that I find palatable, and I don't think I've ever seen it on sale for such a low price.
Mar 21, 2002
779 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
I went to Maxi yesterday and also found the Tassimo Maxwell house , Nabob Columbian , and their PC choices ( Great Can & WC dark roast) for $3.88.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3919 posts
2500 upvotes
pawlusho wrote: I went to Maxi yesterday and also found the Tassimo Maxwell house , Nabob Columbian , and their PC choices ( Great Can & WC dark roast) for $3.88.
A mountain full at maxi
Images
  • 20210729_094608.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1303 posts
716 upvotes
Vaughan
Flyerlover wrote: Just check Kijji
I've seen them as low as 10 to 15 dollars.
And also Value Village. We got a unit there for $15 that was in great condition.

Mic
# D4HK
# FreeSpavor&KovrigNow
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1303 posts
716 upvotes
Vaughan
Dpower20 wrote: Thanks for the post OP!

Nabob Cafe Crema is the only flavour that I find palatable, and I don't think I've ever seen it on sale for such a low price.
The Cafe Crema is well enjoyed in my home as an Espresso meets Americano kinda beverage. I keep swearing I'm gonna stop ordering these, but $3.88 for 14 pods is $0.28 per serving. As long as my machine stays operational, I shall keep ordering small batches of the discs :)

Mic
# D4HK
# FreeSpavor&KovrigNow
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3209 posts
1324 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nabob Cafe Crema is my favourite, I tried Keurig but Tassimo makes hotter coffee
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1303 posts
716 upvotes
Vaughan
Spiritualx wrote: So bad for the environment :/
How come? Every component is recyclable. The coffee grinds go in the green bin. The foil pod cover goes in the blue bin. The plastic pod goes in the blue bin. Nothing goes to landfill. When I think of regrettable landfill waste produced in a home, a Tassimo pod doesn't even make it on the scoreboard.

Mic
# D4HK
# FreeSpavor&KovrigNow
Jan 30, 2010
959 posts
405 upvotes
Canada
mobile_mic wrote: How come? Every component is recyclable. The coffee grinds go in the green bin. The foil pod cover goes in the blue bin. The plastic pod goes in the blue bin. Nothing goes to landfill. When I think of regrettable landfill waste produced in a home, a Tassimo pod doesn't even make it on the scoreboard.

Mic
That's too much hassle, 99.9% of people will just throw them in the trash.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12066 posts
4372 upvotes
Toronto
zoso454 wrote: That's too much hassle, 99.9% of people will just throw them in the trash.
Ya, but then it is the same for everything else.

If someone is willing to make a n extra step, they will do it.

For someone that is lazy, even half of step, they wouldn't do it. They will still throw the plastic bottle and cans to trash box because the trash can is closer to the blue recycle box in their laundry room or garage.

I use Keurig for over 10 years and always recycle the plastic and save the coffee grind left over for gardening or organic waste. I guess I'm that 0.01 of the people from your research. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21193 posts
25173 upvotes
mobile_mic wrote: How come? Every component is recyclable. The coffee grinds go in the green bin. The foil pod cover goes in the blue bin. The plastic pod goes in the blue bin. Nothing goes to landfill. When I think of regrettable landfill waste produced in a home, a Tassimo pod doesn't even make it on the scoreboard.

Mic
Throw a billion pods in the landfills and it still won't matter. Do you folks understand how big landfills are compared to microscopic pods? They aren't leaching nuclear, chemical, or biological super-contaminants.

Even non-biodegradeable plastics are broken down over centuries in landfills. Landfills are amazing inventions, they break down almost anything, and when you're done with them, you can plow over them and build construction (buildings, golf courses, etc.).

Be thankful we still have our wits about us in 2021 regarding this wondrous re-purposing of nature known as the landfill.

Regarding Tassimo, I'm disappointed they don't sell the machines anymore, but the install base is so established (i.e. there are many many active machines out in the wild) that there will still be pods for years to come. They also make a better fake espresso and cappuccino than K-Cups.

God bless, gents.