Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TCL 65 " 65r46 (2021) TV (no shipping date yet)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2022 12:48 pm
May 26, 2009
284 posts
220 upvotes
Burnaby
So I got the tv 2 days back and I'm very happy with the purchase. Got a great looking panel with no issues even after inspecting the panel over a few hours. Looks like I got lucky on the panel lottery!

I don't see any software issues or sluggishness that other people are talking about.
Dec 15, 2021
1 posts
2 upvotes
I didn't mean to create an account but this forum for sure helped me with all the issue of shipping and CEVA tracking

I ordered the TV in early October and 30th November Amazon shipped it with CEVA. What a MESS of a company tried to call or email them and never answered. Delivery was due on the 6th December and only got it the 14th.

Else for people hesitating on this model. Only had it for 2 days now but in my experience everything works as expected. I did ghost testing, gray uniformity, black uniformity etc. and I guess I got lucky there's no clouding etc. All good nothing to complain.

Also for the software issues for now I have not seen any. Yes the user interface isn't super "snappy" feels like it runs at 30fps something like that but nothing so different than using a google TV stick or roku stick.
Also my dad has the X90J and Q90 and I can easily say this TV is more close to the Q90 than the X90J! Colors and performance are beyond the X90J.
Compared to the U8G which in Canada the price conversion is massive, the colors feels more "natural" less saturated but that's users preference. (That's just from online reviews and seeing it at a Bestbuy)
For the software issue I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I played my PS5 and Xbox series X at 4k 120hz , VRR seemed to work fine and input lag was great didn't feel any bad input lag. (Although I don't play any competitive game shooters etc. I play that on my PC) for console gaming I play adventure games like Spiderman, Horizon zero dawn or something like NHL22.
I also binged again The Witcher and it was great! Nothing to say.
I was also able to connect some Bluetooth headset on it and worked flawlessly.
mjliangco wrote: So I got the tv 2 days back and I'm very happy with the purchase. Got a great looking panel with no issues even after inspecting the panel over a few hours. Looks like I got lucky on the panel lottery!

I don't see any software issues or sluggishness that other people are talking about.
Same but I feel sluggishness in the user interface. Maybe I'm too used to high end PC lol just feels like running at 30FPS but nothing different from a stick roku or such.
Jun 11, 2009
179 posts
100 upvotes
Got my 65" TV today in Lloydminster, AB. Was supposed to show up Dec 6 originally. Shipped by CEVA in Toronto and tracking did not update since Nov 30 when it left Toronto. Just letting it warm up as we were -35 here today. Hoping I got a good panel, and the new firmware just started being available V086. Hope I can unpack and make sure no damage, etc tonight. Box looks in great shape and came from a secondary courier from Edmonton once CEVA delivered there.
Oct 12, 2011
887 posts
746 upvotes
CARP
Just got shipping email for my Sept. 24th ordered 75".

Ceva, says arriving next Wednesday.
Nov 17, 2021
50 posts
21 upvotes
Treaty 1
After receiving the refund from Amazon, I received a call to schedule delivery of my TCL unit.

Amazon said I can test it out and see if I like it more than the X90J and then decide to return it or keep it. The X90J is already set up and I would have to take that back to Visions.

Tough choice on whether I should save $300 if the panel is in perfect shape.
Feb 7, 2009
40 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
After a couple weeks, this TV has been great, brightness still shocks me like my tree and lights are all fully lit and the thing is like a beacon, and it doesn't wash out any of the colors. Watching it feels like I'm getting laser beam precision beamed directly into my eyes. The picture settings being tied to each input has also been great, yeah setting them up again for each input is a bit of a pain but it's a one time thing that gives you way more flexibility down the line.

I used the AVSforum settings for games and the moment I turned on micro contrast it was like my GPU got upgraded by an entire generation. I don't know exactly what it does but micro contrast adds so much detail to the image it's not even funny. lol

Input lag (at 60FPS), ghosting (what ghosting?), color, brightness, contrast etc. have all been top notch. I've been flexing the ultrawide mode at work to my buddy who games on a normal 34 inch ultra wide and my "63 inch ultrawide" is making him max jealous.
May 26, 2009
284 posts
220 upvotes
Burnaby
deathtrigger wrote:
Same but I feel sluggishness in the user interface. Maybe I'm too used to high end PC lol just feels like running at 30FPS but nothing different from a stick roku or such.
Hah. I came from a 4-year-old android box and so the interface + speed is an upgrade for me!

I did experience my first bug tho. I noticed that 4k shows from Disney Plus look aren't running on 4k. It definitely feels like it's running on 1080. Also, it brightens and softens the show every second that making it distracting. I'm not sure if it's an R646 issue or a Disney Plus issue as I've only encountered it using the app.

I googled a bit and there are some people that complain about it starting early November even those that have an X90J. I feel like it's an app issue and not a TV issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/com ... mosvision/
Jul 29, 2006
845 posts
1250 upvotes
Ottawa
Kenshen wrote:
I used the AVSforum settings for games and the moment I turned on micro contrast it was like my GPU got upgraded by an entire generation. I don't know exactly what it does but micro contrast adds so much detail to the image it's not even funny. lol
Thanks for your quick review. Do you happen to have link to the settings in AVS? I searched but could not find anything specifically.
Jun 11, 2009
179 posts
100 upvotes
congo wrote: Thanks for your quick review. Do you happen to have link to the settings in AVS? I searched but could not find anything specifically.
It is around page 130, just before post 2600.

Still breaking my 65" in. Biggest issue I am having is the arc and cec turns off my sound bar but then Immediatly turns the sound bar back on. Had to do with eco power mode because if I turn that off then it keeps soundbar off. But it takes a long time to boot this tv when not. In eco mode. Currently on v083 so hipefuy v086 will fix this arc bug.
Jul 29, 2006
845 posts
1250 upvotes
Ottawa
Rob79 wrote: It is around page 130, just before post 2600.

Still breaking my 65" in. Biggest issue I am having is the arc and cec turns off my sound bar but then Immediatly turns the sound bar back on. Had to do with eco power mode because if I turn that off then it keeps soundbar off. But it takes a long time to boot this tv when not. In eco mode. Currently on v083 so hipefuy v086 will fix this arc bug.
Found them! Thank you.
Feb 7, 2009
40 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
congo wrote: Found them! Thank you.
Sorry I don't browse the internet on the weekends so only saw you asking for the settings now. Glad you found them.

Just keep in mind though that the settings are tied to the individual sources. So if you change the settings on HDMi 1 those settings will only change when you have HDMi1 active. ie. you gotta change the settings for every source you use. Which I mentioned is a pain the first time but great in the long run coz I currently have HDMi 1 for my SDR stuff and HDMi 2 for all HDR stuff and they can both have their own settings to reflect that.
Jul 29, 2006
845 posts
1250 upvotes
Ottawa
Kenshen wrote: Sorry I don't browse the internet on the weekends so only saw you asking for the settings now. Glad you found them.

Just keep in mind though that the settings are tied to the individual sources. So if you change the settings on HDMi 1 those settings will only change when you have HDMi1 active. ie. you gotta change the settings for every source you use. Which I mentioned is a pain the first time but great in the long run coz I currently have HDMi 1 for my SDR stuff and HDMi 2 for all HDR stuff and they can both have their own settings to reflect that.
Thanks. Will keep in mind. Tv is due today from Ceva but have had no contact from them. Sent a mail Saturday but haven't heard back.
May 26, 2009
284 posts
220 upvotes
Burnaby
There should be a setting where your picture settings get copied across all inputs.

Good call on micro contrast, I'll try that later tonight.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1122 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got my 75" 2 days ago, been using it a lot. I upgraded the tv firmware right away. Build date on mine is Sep 2021, I'm guessing it's the TVs that bestbuy USA took off the shelf.
The TV has been flawless, panel is perfect, software is fast and I love Google TV.

I fought eARC and CEC a bit initially but got it all working now. I'm using pretty much every feature on the TV and have an advanced setup with receiver and all is well.
Oct 22, 2012
262 posts
90 upvotes
out east
MoreDealsPlease wrote: I got my 75" 2 days ago, been using it a lot. I upgraded the tv firmware right away. Build date on mine is Sep 2021, I'm guessing it's the TVs that bestbuy USA took off the shelf.
The TV has been flawless, panel is perfect, software is fast and I love Google TV.

I fought eARC and CEC a bit initially but got it all working now. I'm using pretty much every feature on the TV and have an advanced setup with receiver and all is well.
CeC is the only issue I'm having with the TV. If I use my nVidia Shield to turn on the TV it cycles through all devices connected to my Denon AVR turns on my PS4, then turns off the screen. I have given up and disabled it on the TV for now.
Jun 14, 2010
467 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else order the 75" thats been shipped by CEVA? Mine shipped December 16. Amazon's ETA was December 22. CEVAs tracking showed the ETA of December 20. I haven't received an update from either Amazon or CEVA and my tracking number no longer works on the CEVA site. I'm in the GTA. Pretty frustrating experience after waiting 3 months for it to finally ship.

Update: For anyone else in the same boat, I ended up getting ahold of CEVA. They advised the truck with all the Amazon deliveries is sitting at their warehouse. It still needs to be unpacked and sorted and put out for delivery. Was told Friday at the earliest.
Last edited by EnchantedPlague on Dec 22nd, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1122 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did you update your tv firmware? The lastest updates fiz a lot of CEC issues.

Ultimately ARC and CEC is a bit of a mess, it's not uncommon for it to not work well
Feb 7, 2009
40 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
MoreDealsPlease wrote: Did you update your tv firmware? The lastest updates fiz a lot of CEC issues.

Ultimately ARC and CEC is a bit of a mess, it's not uncommon for it to not work well
I got an update yesterday, anyone know what it added?
Jul 29, 2006
845 posts
1250 upvotes
Ottawa
EnchantedPlague wrote: Anyone else order the 75" thats been shipped by CEVA? Mine shipped December 16. Amazon's ETA was December 22. CEVAs tracking showed the ETA of December 20. I haven't received an update from either Amazon or CEVA and my tracking number no longer works on the CEVA site. I'm in the GTA. Pretty frustrating experience after waiting 3 months for it to finally ship.

Update: For anyone else in the same boat, I ended up getting ahold of CEVA. They advised the truck with all the Amazon deliveries is sitting at their warehouse. It still needs to be unpacked and sorted and put out for delivery. Was told Friday at the earliest.
Same ship date as yours but was due Dec 20th as per CEVA and Amazon says it should arrive today by 8 PM. I have had no contact from either group. I'm in Ottawa.
Oct 12, 2011
887 posts
746 upvotes
CARP
congo wrote: Same ship date as yours but was due Dec 20th as per CEVA and Amazon says it should arrive today by 8 PM. I have had no contact from either group. I'm in Ottawa.
Exactly the same for me.