Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TCL 65 " 65r46 (2021) TV (no shipping date yet)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2022 12:48 pm
Mar 29, 2019
530 posts
661 upvotes
I hate HATE that they switched to Google TV. Roku just works so well, and so well with Apple ecosystem and barely any ADS!!! For those that care, Google does more data mining on us than anything out there and all companies do a lot of that crap.
Nov 10, 2020
103 posts
333 upvotes
This is a highly-anticipated product (this specific model). To expect it to be significantly discounted (or discounted at all) in a few months (Black Friday), during the midst of a global semiconductor shortage is quite unrealistic. I would be very cautious heeding advice from anyone suggesting otherwise.

TCL TV prices have increased after the launch due to the shortage mentioned above. It could be that the prices on Amazon.ca are the "originally planned launch pricing" for the Canadian market that hasn't been adjusted yet (but likely will). I’m sure old inventory and entry-level TVs will be discounted later this year - but this is neither.

Please refer to this article.
"A TCL representative confirmed the price increases in an email, saying that "adjustments were made due to global supply shortages, inflated raw material costs, and transportation challenges," but that the company "believe(s) pricing has peaked.") The new Google TVs aren't notably more expensive, but the inflated costs do lessen TCL’s value proposition."
Last edited by jetpackc on Sep 16th, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1215 posts
1741 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
75" oos damnit
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1506 posts
5323 upvotes
Missed out! What are the chances the 65" goes back in stock at the same price?
Dec 9, 2020
283 posts
373 upvotes
baymoe wrote: There appears to be some software issues from the reviews posted at Bestbuy.com but here's hoping they'll have it fixed by then.
So far they did not. It's a new platform, so do not expect all the bugs fixed anytime soon. However if you use external source and you are super lucky to get a panel without circular DSE, it is a good purcahse.
Do not expect too much though, it is TCL after all.
Last edited by CuddlyMonster on Sep 16th, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 19, 2019
120 posts
52 upvotes
Not available to add or buy .. looks like too many people ordered already.
May 1, 2011
740 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
im getting mixed signals...is it roku or google software?

roku is solid
Deal Addict
May 14, 2006
1247 posts
701 upvotes
GTA
omg i've been waiting for this TV and its OOS already. :(

what was the listing price?
Dec 9, 2020
283 posts
373 upvotes
raptors909 wrote: im getting mixed signals...is it roku or google software?

roku is solid
Google software and have quite a lot of issues. Look at the BestBuy US reviews.
Jan 8, 2007
291 posts
98 upvotes
less than half day since the OP, it's all OOS. What a deal! Congrats to the people who got it.
Sr. in age but Jr. in deals
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1308 posts
2352 upvotes
What is everyone doing with the software that they care so much??
Feb 19, 2019
120 posts
52 upvotes
Anyone got any shipping confirmation?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1006 posts
518 upvotes
Calgary
Asduio wrote: Anyone got any shipping confirmation?
Mine was showing temporarily out of stock but available to order.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1673 posts
1092 upvotes
Montreal
That is an amazing price for a mini-led with hdmi 2.1. I have now bought all the things. I can retire from rfd.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6043 posts
1307 upvotes
I have last year's model (got it open box and just couldn't pass on the discount I got, wasn't from a store but it was a decently big cut)...and I personally like it. I am Jelly though this year's model has actual HDMI 2.1 slots which would work nicely with the next gen consoles. Granted thus far fully makes use of the 4k 120Hz on next gen yet but still...though the tv and console has made my wallet weep already so this is out of the question unfortunately....

I don't care what it uses whether it be Google or Roku since I use a Chromecast with Google TV and Firestick 4k anyways.
Last edited by Canada_7 on Sep 16th, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3277 posts
560 upvotes
Has TCL improved their quality control recently? I remember a few years ago it was a real panel lottery.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1342 posts
694 upvotes
mc_molineux wrote: Has TCL improved their quality control recently? I remember a few years ago it was a real panel lottery.
If you stare at the little camera at the top of the screen and say "I pledge allegiance to the CCP" then good panel fortune will come to you.