Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TCL 65" and 75” Class 5-Series 4K UHD QLED Dolby Vision HDR Smart Google TV $916.55 and $1298.59 respectively

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2022 11:14 am
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
Has rtings reviewed this one now? I am getting confused with all the models...
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2014
1361 posts
1791 upvotes
Westmount, QC
RedSwagDeals wrote: Isn't TCL suppose to be budget brand TVs? I think i have a 55 inch 4 series i got from Costco for like $400. Why are the new series TVs over double the price??
You do realize every TV companies have different TV series meant for different needs ?

TCL series 4 is the cheapest you can go, and it also means quality wise and specs wise you don't get much. Doesn't mean you can't be happy with it, but certain features, such as FALD, HDMI 2.1, etc requires you to pay more for it.
Aug 20, 2011
18 posts
9 upvotes
PORT COQUITLAM
Hello, for the new feature of switching user profiles on the remote for Google TV, will we need to wait for next year's models to come out or are they on the new TCL google TV's already?
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
5 series for 549 walmart is a good deal. Totally getting it if I can find one.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2013
1181 posts
329 upvotes
ON
Hey guys, looking to get a 70-75 inch tv for my basement. Am I better off getting something from Amazon now or wait for Black Friday?

Costco has been floating in this thread. Is it the warranty that makes it attractive?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1176 posts
2195 upvotes
Pursuit2013 wrote: Hey guys, looking to get a 70-75 inch tv for my basement. Am I better off getting something from Amazon now or wait for Black Friday?

Costco has been floating in this thread. Is it the warranty that makes it attractive?
Personally I'm waiting until Black Friday, or until I see a good deal.

And yes, Costco is attractive for a cheap 5 year warranty.
Nov 22, 2020
66 posts
28 upvotes
I'm looking at the 55" TCL from Amazon, otherwise a 55" from Costco. Anyone have any advice / experience ordering a TV from Amazon? How is their extended warranty? It's through a company called Asurion from what I could see. Thanks for any advice.
Sep 19, 2014
219 posts
145 upvotes
Saint-Andre-d'Argent…
I have a 2019 TCL serie 6 and can only recommend them ! Even today with some new movies / documentaries, I'm impressed of the picture quality / color / resolution.
Oct 19, 2018
220 posts
250 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: Actually, not so fast. New 5 series is brighter that the old one at least according to this reviewer.

As far as Hisense, I have personal issues with their support. I got new 5.1 soundbar. The product has lots of what I think, software bugs. Be it as it may, with all the online comments matching my experience, we can call defective so, I called support. It’s pretty bad. I tried multiple times with multiple agents, only one of them offered some comfort, not help. I know, many don’t care about aftersales support and go for price… can’t help here.

On a side note, I ordered TCL 6 series on Amazon and, would be interested to know if anyone had any experience dealing with TCL support.
This guy uses 500 words when 5 would do. Absolutely infuriating.
Oct 19, 2018
220 posts
250 upvotes
t3dt3d wrote: I'm looking at the 55" TCL from Amazon, otherwise a 55" from Costco. Anyone have any advice / experience ordering a TV from Amazon? How is their extended warranty? It's through a company called Asurion from what I could see. Thanks for any advice.
Wait until Black Friday.

Last year I got a 55" 535 (2020). It was $475 or something, so extended warranty from costco was just $25 for 3 years IIRC. It was a fantastic deal all around.

TV has been great.
Aug 3, 2004
156 posts
91 upvotes
I've been tempted to wait for the 6 series 75" (have no NEED just WANT bigger TV) :) to upgrade my 55" Vizio. From what I've read if I have it correct the 6 is a huge improvement over the 5 series, but I understand that the 5 series has a mid upgrade and is better than when it launched. Anyone here have seen both and able to confirm if better to wait since I'm not in a rush, and given I tend to hold onto TV's for some time? Or care to put a suggested price difference that would be reasonable between the two to warrant the wait?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3172 posts
2243 upvotes
Winnipeg
FWIW I had bookmarked the 65" R646 at Amazon and checked earlier to find out I could purchase without a delivery date. Now the check out is gone again. Will see what happens.
Dec 8, 2012
987 posts
644 upvotes
Calgary
do the new qled models have the soap opera effect? I can't get rid of it on my 6-series TCL 2019. Tried all the settings they suggest on Internet forums, but it stays and sometimes gets even worse with a new firmware upgrades. I would like to replace my old plasma with 65" QLED, but I don't want to pay $1k+ if it has the same issue and motion smoothing doesn't do anything
Feb 16, 2010
17 posts
16 upvotes
Pembroke
Coaler wrote: Rtings has their initial numbers out for preview if you're an insider. I am not so haven't seen it. That being said, I would absolutely assume the 6 series is brighter. It's also $550 more for the 75". So if you have a darker room with blackout blinds etc there likely isn't enough difference to justify the extra money. In a bright living room though I would spend the extra.

Though I will say I have the 2020 5 series 65" in my rather bright living room and I've been pretty damn impressed for the price. And that's from someone with an OLED in the basement.

All that out of the way.....that is OP I ordered one of the 75".
Where did you order it from? Did you get it yet? ETA?
Thanks
Jan 24, 2018
127 posts
294 upvotes
tmlmo wrote: Where did you order it from? Did you get it yet? ETA?
Thanks
I cancelled my order. I bought the 85" Sony X91J for 3k at Costco.