Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

TeamGroup 512GB TLC NVMe SSD (350 TBW) - $39.99 CAD (Prime)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2023 10:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32481 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] TeamGroup 512GB TLC NVMe SSD (350 TBW) - $39.99 CAD (Prime)

It's not over yet, gentlemen.

TEAMGROUP MP33 512GB SLC Cache 3D NAND TLC NVMe SSD (Read/Write Speed up to 1,700/1,400 MB/s)

https://a.co/d/5MZshPK

$39.99 CAD (Prime)

Most affordable among the reliable TLC NVMe drives out there right now.

You're running out of excuses not to buy.

1TB High Performance Gen 3 for $80 (Prime):
GiOBoY wrote: $80 (ATL) - so extremely hot
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PHQ6Q1D/
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Jan 4th, 2023 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32481 upvotes
If you wrote 96 GB a day to the drive everyday for 10 years, you might reach the 350 TBW threshold.

The average office computer writes 10GB to 35GB per day, and 5 days a week, not 7 days. This drive will last decades all else equal.

You're good on endurance.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32481 upvotes
syncmaster wrote: How would the team group compare to the previous Amazon Patriot SSD deal

Patriot Burst Elite @ 480gb - $35.99 (available as of this time)
The Patriot is SATA SSD, likely QLC, but with very good TBW for a QLC.

It's a great value for older machines, secondary machine boot devices, or archival purposes.

The OP NVMe drive uses a modern interface allowing it to provide (3x) better performance. It works with modern machines and has slightly better TBWs.

Both are great drives, for slightly different use cases.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17017 posts
4803 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Don't know why the down votes, this is an amazing deal!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2111 posts
5297 upvotes
North York ON
gamingforthesoul wrote: Far too slow for PS5 use
I think the cheapest a PS5 capable drive has ever been is $120/TB. Look into the Kingston KC3000, Corsair MP600 Pro LPX or Adata XPG S70.
Feb 9, 2021
16 posts
14 upvotes
For reference, Canada computers had the 1TB version for 49.99$ on the 26th december, 1 day only.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2111 posts
5297 upvotes
North York ON
dreamcastn1 wrote: For reference, Canada computers had the 1TB version for 49.99$ on the 26th december, 1 day only.
That was sold at a loss I'm assuming. It was a door crasher so one had to go in store and could only buy one unit.
Feb 9, 2021
16 posts
14 upvotes
Keith1411 wrote: That was sold at a loss I'm assuming. It was a door crasher so one had to go in store and could only buy one unit.
Thanks for adding the "door crasher" comment. It does add additional support to my "reference" post.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32481 upvotes
dreamcastn1 wrote: For reference, Canada computers had the 1TB version for 49.99$ on the 26th december, 1 day only.
Good deal but I straight up skipped it.

As the other gentleman said, it was instore on Boxing Day only. Not worth my time to hop over there and fight the crowds.

It was indeed a door crasher sold at a loss. One unit per customer makes it a useless deal for someone deploying multiple machines.

The OP drive I can order multiple units of, in the leisure of my office.
Jun 15, 2020
277 posts
605 upvotes
$39.99 has been the regular price for this drive at Canada Computers for the past half year. I bought two of these when they went on sale at Canada Computers for $35 about six months ago and they are both still working well each in a different PC. No need to rush to buy from Amazon at this price. You can buy as many as you want from Canada Computers anytime at this price.
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=190777

I enjoy your posts Redflagdealsguy and appreciate you using the term gentlemen. However as it is now 2023 do you think you could add "ladies and" to the gentlemen in your posts?

Thanks very much.
Last edited by launch on Jan 3rd, 2023 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4528 posts
4868 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Good deal but I straight up skipped it.

As the other gentleman said, it was instore on Boxing Day only. Not worth my time to hop over there and fight the crowds.

It was indeed a door crasher sold at a loss. One unit per customer makes it a useless deal for someone deploying multiple machines.

The OP drive I can order multiple units of, in the leisure of my office.
I walked in 1h before closing and there were no crowds. They were willing to sell me two on separate transactions but I only needed one.
Mar 11, 2014
181 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa
launch wrote: $39.99 has been the regular price for this drive at Canada Computers for the past half year. I bought two of these when they went on sale at Canada Computers for $35 about six months ago and they are both still working well each in a different PC. No need to rush to buy from Amazon at this price. You can buy as many as you want from Canada Computers anytime at this price.
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=190777
I prefer to avoid Canada Computers as I had a very bad experience with a manager at one location with returning an item. Awful customer experience but that was one location only. I'd buy from Amazon any day of the week or Newegg for my computer parts.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32481 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: I walked in 1h before closing and there were no crowds. They were willing to sell me two on separate transactions but I only needed one.
Sounds like the luck of the draw. Not something I could plan in advance.

The OP drive is Prime fulfilled and easily purchasable, I get your point but there's no YMMV situation here.
Jun 15, 2020
277 posts
605 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Sounds like the luck of the draw. Not something I could plan in advance.

The OP drive is Prime fulfilled and easily purchasable, I get your point but there's no YMMV situation here.
Girl, you are the OP why are you refering to yourself in the 3rd person?