Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] TECKIN Smart LED Bulb WiFi E27 Dimmable Multicolor Light Bulb $50.38

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 1:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4169 posts
819 upvotes
Wat

[Amazon Canada] TECKIN Smart LED Bulb WiFi E27 Dimmable Multicolor Light Bulb $50.38

Amazon has TECKIN Smart LED Multicolor bulbs on lightning deal for $50.38 for a 4 pack. Works out to $12.60 each.

They also have a 2 pack for $26.99, which works out to $13.50 each if you don't need as many.
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 1st, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited retailer name; added price to title; cleaned up URL
10 replies
Aug 9, 2005
341 posts
104 upvotes
I have these the last time it was on a flash sale on amazon. If you need consistency buy the 4 pack. I got 2 packs of the 2 pack (because flashsale was only on the 2 pack) and each set is slightly different. One pack came a wee bit warmer than the other set. Not the end of the world, but if you're nit picky, it's something worth noting.

The colours work fine, just not that bright in colour mode (but you wouldn't expect it to be that bright in colour mode).

I have all 4 of mine rigged to google. They're nice. Pairing these are a huge headache though, because when you pair, they flash quickly (as with anything in pairing mode). The process itself is fairly smooth, just the flashing... jeeze.
---------------------------------
If you are talking to someone, then suddenly turn your head to the side while still talking... they'll turn and look the same direction you're looking at... LMAO it's GREAT lol so many people do that lol, especially if you do a double take lol, try it out :D
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1350 posts
190 upvotes
Anyone have experience with these mounted in outdoor light fixtures and how well they perform in the cold weather?
Oct 3, 2018
54 posts
103 upvotes
question, if they connect to wifi directly, wouldnt they consume more elec?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1578 posts
507 upvotes
Edmonton
I really hate how every light in my house is recessed and requires big wide bulbs. Never take advantage of all the deals on normal form factor bulbs

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3316 posts
3484 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
freewheelin76 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 11:14 am
I really hate how every light in my house is recessed and requires big wide bulbs. Never take advantage of all the deals on normal form factor bulbs
Try the Walmart Merkury wifi bulbs. They're a lot bigger but might not help that much.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2765 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 12:09 pm
Try the Walmart Merkury wifi bulbs. They're a lot bigger but might not help that much.
The problem with the Walmart Merkury WiFi bulbs is that they are not supported by IFTTT, even though they can be partly controlled by the standard Tuya Smart Life app..

These ones seem like a good deal, probably the exact same hardware as is sold under a dozen other brand names.

The 800 lumens (60w equivalent) is a maximum that applies only to the default cold white setting. Altering the color or color temperature makes them dimmer.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2127 posts
1443 upvotes
SW Ontario
ShinNoodles wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 11:06 am
Anyone have experience with these mounted in outdoor light fixtures and how well they perform in the cold weather?
I'm curious too ... would be tempting to tie it into the alarm system and have the outdoor front lights change to red and cycle on and off

As well as being able to change colours for various holidays and such
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Aug 9, 2005
341 posts
104 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 11:14 am
If you have a neutral wire, just get the wifi connected light switches. Then bam! no need to find new compatible bulbs. I had no choice because my condo doesn't wire with a neutral line.
---------------------------------
If you are talking to someone, then suddenly turn your head to the side while still talking... they'll turn and look the same direction you're looking at... LMAO it's GREAT lol so many people do that lol, especially if you do a double take lol, try it out :D
Sep 24, 2010
129 posts
40 upvotes
I had picked these up earlier on during boxing sales, returned them almost instantly.

The white light is painfully white, almost impossible to get that nice warm white for indoor home use.

The colour light is so very dim, nowhere near the brightness of the white. Using 3 of them in the same small room and it was still too dark.

Its almost as if this is two products in one, a white light, and some mood lighting off a weaker set of bulbs.

Unfortunately, I'd have to recommend this as an AVOID item unless you specifically need these 'features'.
Oct 5, 2017
304 posts
92 upvotes
sdc_23 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 4:21 pm
I had picked these up earlier on during boxing sales, returned them almost instantly.

The white light is painfully white, almost impossible to get that nice warm white for indoor home use.

The colour light is so very dim, nowhere near the brightness of the white. Using 3 of them in the same small room and it was still too dark.

Its almost as if this is two products in one, a white light, and some mood lighting off a weaker set of bulbs.

Unfortunately, I'd have to recommend this as an AVOID item unless you specifically need these 'features'.
I was about to buy this bulb but good thing I found out there's no warm white. What kind of bulbs did you get? Now I'm thinking of getting globe smart bulbs soft white https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/smart-ho ... /108077009