Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
69% off
Expiry:
February 28, 2017
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
This one is a great deal for Made in Canada boots for the big boys out there or the trolls of the forum. Brown size 13EE on sale only.
15 replies
Aug 22, 2016
227 posts
136 upvotes
Anyone have a good recommendation for a winter + work boot?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4246 posts
2777 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: This one is a great deal for Made in Canada boots for the big boys out there or the trolls of the forum. Brown size 13EE on sale only.
Good price, but it does say right in the main features:

Country of Origin: China
EDIT: Terra's website does say made in Canada.

I'm tempted. Price is attractive and I am a size 13, but have never needed EE. Reviews are very scarce and I find glued soles come apart pretty quickly compared to stitched soles.
EDIT: I just noticed that every size available is EE. Is that all that Terra makes for this model (unlikely) or maybe amazon has listed them incorrectly?
zx6rj2 wrote: Anyone have a good recommendation for a winter + work boot?
These do have insulation, but might not be enough. For standard work boots, I find socks generally are more important I find than the boots themselves, unless you get into those really heavy -40 boots.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Feb 8th, 2017 11:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sep 22, 2008
852 posts
84 upvotes
I have the timberland boondock on the heavy side but needed waterproof for the winters
For sale /

scarborough/markham
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8712 posts
5092 upvotes
ON
SizzleChest wrote: Good price, but it does say right in the main features:

Country of Origin: China

I'm tempted. Price is attractive and I am a size 13, but have never needed EE. Reviews are very scarce and I find glued soles come apart pretty quickly compared to stitched soles.

EDIT: I just noticed that every size available is EE. Is that all that Terra makes for this model (unlikely) or maybe amazon has listed them incorrectly?

These do have insulation, but might not be enough. For standard work boots, I find socks generally are more important I find than the boots themselves, unless you get into those really heavy -40 boots.
Amazon description is wrong. Look for the maple leaf to indicate Made in Canada.
https://www.terrafootwear.com/8inchwork ... fault.aspx
https://workauthority.ca/products/rexton-boa-6585s
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8712 posts
5092 upvotes
ON
spiralspirit wrote: Blundstone CSA safety boots are my favorite by far. They're so comfortable and light that I have a pair for the job site and a pair for work/office. For winter you can by a sheep skin insole that keeps them plenty warm. Not cheap boots, though.

https://www.softmoc.com/ca/unisex-adult ... -gore-boot

https://www.blundstone.ca/products/164-the-greenpatch
They offer no ankle support whatsoever. Some employers won't cover them for this exact reason .
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2427 posts
772 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: They offer no ankle support whatsoever. Some employers won't cover them for this exact reason .
Most do. I've worn them for years. They are by far the most comfortable boots I've owned.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4117 upvotes
Ottawa
No more 13..only 14EE left at that price. Might pick up a pair to wear over my shoes.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8712 posts
5092 upvotes
ON
Cas77 wrote: No more 13..only 14EE left at that price. Might pick up a pair to wear over my shoes.
Sorry bud !! It was a great price for those shoes.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4246 posts
2777 upvotes
Right out of the box, it was clear that these boots weren't from China. Very comfortable around the house and I don't notice the extra width at all. Time will tell if they prove to be worth their $200+ price tag, but at $65, I'm definitely not sending these back.

EDIT: Just noticed the boots I received are actually size 12. The box says 13, but the boots say 12. Width is not written anywhere. Still happy though.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Feb 15th, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 12, 2006
810 posts
186 upvotes
Can't say enough good things about the red wings 2412/2414 (insulated)

Yeah its 380, but get it resoled, take care of it and it'll last.