Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TerraMaster D5-300 USB3.1 (Gen1) Type C 5-Bay External Hard Drive (RAID) Enclosure $135.99 after coupon (no tax)

Jan 24, 2017
123 posts
223 upvotes
solidace wrote: Would the F2-210 be okay for this, or would I have to go for something more expensive?
They are the same class devices. None of them will work for transcoding video. Both of them will work like home network storage (files, photo, video, backup).
• 220j :
+ support much more apps included (not all of them will work due to weak hw)
- price 180+tx
- 512MB RAM
? VPN server
• F2-210:
+ 1GB RAM
+ price 120 tax in
- has the only basic set of apps (40+)
- no VPN server
Just compare the set of the apps they offer and you plan to use (to sync photos/files)
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Shitty Company. My Order was cancelled.

We're very sorry to inform you that we won't be able to fulfill one or more items from the following order(s) due to a technical error. We have canceled items from the Order(s) listed below:
---
Dec 26, 2007
604 posts
377 upvotes
Vancouver
kanechart wrote: Shitty Company. My Order was cancelled.

We're very sorry to inform you that we won't be able to fulfill one or more items from the following order(s) due to a technical error. We have canceled items from the Order(s) listed below:
which one did you order? the DS-300?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Legatinho wrote: which one did you order? the DS-300?
Yup. Really annoying too had cancelled some other things I had planned. They must made a Price error. There any legal protection in Canada for errors like this?
---
Dec 26, 2007
604 posts
377 upvotes
Vancouver
kanechart wrote: Yup. Really annoying too had cancelled some other things I had planned. They must made a Price error. There any legal protection in Canada for errors like this?
too bad :(

I think in QC there are some protections, but not sure how it works. Here in BC it's pretty much nothing for price mistakes.
Nov 17, 2016
53 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kanechart wrote: Shitty Company. My Order was cancelled.

Sorry to hear that. Mine shipped! I’m in Vancouver BC. Lucky me I guess.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Zephyrix wrote: Sorry to hear that. Mine shipped! I’m in Vancouver BC. Lucky me I guess.
Wow that makes me more mad I thought was everyone. Might just been me... Seems a bit **** up since they had stock still lol
---
Sep 10, 2008
271 posts
264 upvotes
kanechart wrote: Wow that makes me more mad I thought was everyone. Might just been me... Seems a bit **** up since they had stock still lol
I don't mean to piss you off even more, but mine shipped today as well... :/

Are you sure your order was not cancelled for another reason, like an expired credit card or something? For the record, I submitted the order at 12:37
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Guigue wrote: I don't mean to piss you off even more, but mine shipped today as well... :/

Are you sure your order was not cancelled for another reason, like an expired credit card or something? For the record, I submitted the order at 12:37
Nope I even emailed the company:
"That promo was due to the system error and we are sorry again the order had to be canceled."
---
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kanechart wrote: Nope I even emailed the company:
"That promo was due to the system error and we are sorry again the order had to be canceled."
Sounds like price error, I suspected it, same amount for price reduction and coupon, double counted
May 10, 2010
940 posts
1483 upvotes
Kenora
wlee wrote: Sounds like price error, I suspected it, same amount for price reduction and coupon, double counted
Strange. My order when through and arrived yesterday.
Sep 10, 2008
271 posts
264 upvotes
kanechart wrote: Nope I even emailed the company:
It's strange that they cancelled some, but let others go through even after a two days.... Sorry you got unlucky...
Nov 17, 2016
53 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What a gong show. So I did end up receiving it, but it looks like they sent me the wrong item? There's two versions of the D5-300 listed on Amazon, one is USB 3.0 and one is USB 3.1.
The 3.1 version is what was advertised on Amazon (and what I paid for), and they sent me the 3.0 version...

Can others confirm? You can check on the back, the USB C port should say USB 3.1 according to the product images: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1200_.jpg

It also looks like the 3.1 one claims to support the other RAID modes, so that might be where the previous confusion about what was supported is coming from? Not sure but it seems kinda sketchy.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Zephyrix wrote: What a gong show. So I did end up receiving it, but it looks like they sent me the wrong item? There's two versions of the D5-300 listed on Amazon, one is USB 3.0 and one is USB 3.1.
The 3.1 version is what was advertised on Amazon (and what I paid for), and they sent me the 3.0 version...

Can others confirm? You can check on the back, the USB C port should say USB 3.1 according to the product images: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1200_.jpg

It also looks like the 3.1 one claims to support the other RAID modes, so that might be where the previous confusion about what was supported is coming from? Not sure but it seems kinda sketchy.
You have a picture of yours? The 3.0 link also says the same, 2nd product image. Technically 3.1 gen 1 is just another name 3.0 both 5gbps

The newer model seems to be D5-300C at $240, this unit has regular price $340 which is inflated
Nov 17, 2016
53 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, dunno. I’m not so sure anymore, but at any rate, here’s what the back of mine looks like:
6D89897F-943E-4870-AC54-939C537CEECB.jpeg
May 10, 2010
940 posts
1483 upvotes
Kenora
the one I received says USB 3.0 on the back, but USB 3.0 and 3.1 Gen 1 are the same (5Gbps).

In the Terra Master RAID software, mine shows up as supporting multiple RAID arrays.

My guess is the devices are the exact same, just with a few minor tweaks to the software/internal hardware to support the additional RAID modes.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Zephyrix wrote: Yeah, dunno. I’m not so sure anymore, but at any rate, here’s what the back of mine looks like:
6D89897F-943E-4870-AC54-939C537CEECB.jpeg
I assume this is just old stock, 3.0 was renamed to 3.1 gen 1 for marketing purposes, refer to Wikipedia, there should be no difference in technical specifications
Sep 10, 2008
271 posts
264 upvotes
wlee wrote: I assume this is just old stock, 3.0 was renamed to 3.1 gen 1 for marketing purposes, refer to Wikipedia, there should be no difference in technical specifications
I contacted them and... Wait, I got an answer just now, after literally 5 minutes:

Hello Guillaume,

"Thank you for contacting TerraMaster.

Please be advised USB3.1 (5Gbps) = USB3.0

Please contact us if you have any questions."
Nov 17, 2016
53 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Good to know, thanks for checking folks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)