Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Terry's Orange Original Chocolatey Confection Milk Chocolate $3

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2023 10:05 pm
21 replies
Dec 1, 2006
204 posts
88 upvotes
Beware - last time (early December I think), that these were on sale on Amazon, many, including myself received broken/open boxes. Just saying in case it matters to you. Prodcut seemed ok otherwise.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2134 posts
1853 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ordered 6 last time and they were fine, no damage and expiry was end of 2023.

Thanks op for posting, SDM is too expensive lately and I’m not into jumping through hoops for 20x, wandering the store trying to meet minimum spend.
Jul 14, 2018
531 posts
657 upvotes
freed1b wrote: Beware - last time (early December I think), that these were on sale on Amazon, many, including myself received broken/open boxes. Just saying in case it matters to you. Prodcut seemed ok otherwise.
+1
I bought 5pcs a few weeks ago, but there were only 4 in the box - customer support took care of refunding the 5th. Of those 4, some were in noticeably worse packaging condition than others. The orangeball itself seemed fine and so far they taste good as well.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6416 posts
4331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought these for socking stuffers and work presents.

All came completely torn, broken and ungiftable.

Great for yourself, but not for giving away.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3063 posts
1365 upvotes
"Chocolatey"? not "Chocolate"?

Mmmm.... brown food colouring in vegetable oil suspension with artificial flavour waved near a cocoa bean.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7229 posts
1996 upvotes
BC
Now that these aren't chocolate but are just "chocolatey," does anyone have recommendations for a good, orange flavoured chocolate?
Oct 22, 2020
141 posts
262 upvotes
Kwirky wrote: Now that these aren't chocolate but are just "chocolatey," does anyone have recommendations for a good, orange flavoured chocolate?
The ingredient does say "cocoa mass and cocoa butter" as 2nd and 3rd ingredients...unless that ingredient list is outdated on amazon.
Dec 16, 2019
603 posts
771 upvotes
Hamilton
bought the dark choc version when it was on sale . First time ever trying this orange flavored chocolate. Its okay but honestly i don't see the appeal of adding fruit flavors to chocolate ....fruit is fruit and fine on its own! Chocolate is delicious on its own and don't need no help from fruit !
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1630 posts
1726 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
I'm seeing $3.99 not $3.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7229 posts
1996 upvotes
BC
Stiles23 wrote: The ingredient does say "cocoa mass and cocoa butter" as 2nd and 3rd ingredients...unless that ingredient list is outdated on amazon.
2nd and 3rd isn't indicative of actual quantities, labeling requirements are clear though: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/reg ... 4.008.html

Since they're not using the word chocolate, they're cheaping out on something, most likely partially substituting palm oil for cocoa butter but hard to say for certain.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1353 posts
1078 upvotes
If you can find 'em...in the GTA at least been finding them on clearance at SDM for $1.67 or so.
May 25, 2013
52 posts
40 upvotes
Chilliwack
I ordered six at the beginning of December and never received them.

I was able to order another six more a week later and receive them in OK shape. This was before the original shipment was lost and I was never able to order another six to replace the the first order, Amazon won't let me order more. They were going to be stocking stuffers. Because I surely don't need them. I think the last time I had a chocolate orange was more than 20 years ago but Damn was a good
Oct 22, 2020
141 posts
262 upvotes
Kwirky wrote: 2nd and 3rd isn't indicative of actual quantities, labeling requirements are clear though: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/reg ... 4.008.html

Since they're not using the word chocolate, they're cheaping out on something, most likely partially substituting palm oil for cocoa butter but hard to say for certain.
Yeah something is funny. I saw some not too old pictures of these in the past and they used to clearly say chocolate or milk chocolate. Not any longer.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3457 posts
912 upvotes
Vancouver
Kwirky wrote: Now that these aren't chocolate but are just "chocolatey," does anyone have recommendations for a good, orange flavoured chocolate?
This will go great with my Ice Milk.
Nov 27, 2018
24 posts
30 upvotes
There is a "Terry's Orange" which describes itself as "chocolatey".

There is a "Terry's Chocolate Orange" for double the price, which I assume is the original.

One is not like the other.
Dec 8, 2013
430 posts
101 upvotes
Etobicoke
dollar tree has 90g bars of dark chocolate...which is real chocolate...for $1.50 .better cost/gr and dark which is better than this mystery bar. great deal
Zoomer $36/mo,400 min,Canada wide,2gb data,unltd text,free everything*
Zoomer Home Phone $10/mo,free Canada wide,modem,voicemail,features*