• May 16th, 2019 12:35 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2010
135 posts
77 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon Canada] ThermoPro - Digital Grill Meat Thermometer

Amazon Deal of the day
ThermoPro/I-tronics Home product - 20% off.
Four different products:

TP06S
Reduced from $25.99 to $19.99
TP07
Reduced from $44.99 to $35.99
TP08
Reduced from $59.99 to $47.99
TP20
Reduced from $64.99 to $51.99

Basic differences:
TP06 Single probe no wireless
TP07 Single probe with wireless auxiliary readout
TP08 Dual probe with one of them being ambient temperature (low heat alarm = good for smoking) with wireless auxiliary readout
TP20 Dual probe with high heat alarm and meat temperature pre-sets with wireless auxiliary readout

Personal experience has been with TP07 - has worked very well for BBQ/smoking for a number of years.
Reasonably priced and sturdy. Transmission between units has been flawless.
Word of caution these are not instant read thermometer. Stick it in the meat a leave it while it cooks (BBQ or oven)
9 replies
Jan 29, 2018
268 posts
257 upvotes
I've had the TP20 for just over a year now and love it. It's mainly used for cooks on my kamado, good deal!
Nov 11, 2011
468 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary
My experience with Bluetooth sensors hasn't been the best, specifically since my smoker has Bluetooth but the range sucks, I have to be really close for it work which kinda defeats the purpose.
I might get the TP20 although I was hoping for more probes since I need one for smoker temperature and at least two for meat.
Jun 9, 2007
678 posts
88 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Thanks OP! Grabbed one. Makes it a lot easier to clean the prongs too, unlike the cheaper one I have.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2043 posts
588 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
MrBambinoDent wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:39 pm
My experience with Bluetooth sensors hasn't been the best, specifically since my smoker has Bluetooth but the range sucks, I have to be really close for it work which kinda defeats the purpose.
I might get the TP20 although I was hoping for more probes since I need one for smoker temperature and at least two for meat.
My inkbird paired with s8+ not once dropped a connection in almost two years of use. Disclaimer, I'm not pushing inkbird products, but out of a couple of cheaper units it's been the most reliable for me though.
My main point is probes though. I got 2 working thermometers collecting dust with missing probes, and buying probes alone is almost the price of a new unit. 4 or 6 probe units will leave you spares in case they fail or lost.
Jul 29, 2016
122 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
How much heat that wire can survive inside the BBQ? I am always afraid there might be plastic inside the wire and get burnt :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2043 posts
588 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lmx116 wrote:
May 16th, 2019 10:18 am
How much heat that wire can survive inside the BBQ? I am always afraid there might be plastic inside the wire and get burnt :rolleyes:
It says up 716f in product description. Imo, you won't be cooking anything over 350 to 400f with this thing. If you're cooking anything high temp, you're better off with an instant thermometer.