[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56409 posts
21424 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Think and Grow Rich Kindle Edition $0

"3.5 star read, 6 stars for price of the book!"

https://www.amazon.ca/Think-Grow-Rich-I ... B079H2CMT2

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill is one of the bestselling motivational books of all-time. Inspired by a suggestion from industrialist Andrew Carnegie, Hill explains the philosophy that helped the wealthiest and most accomplished members of society succeed.
Thread Summary
Book is free on Canada and USA Kindle stores.

Amazon.ca (Canada) Links:
RFD Referral: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079H2CMT2/

Clean:
https://www_amazon.ca/dp/B079H2CMT2/

Amazon.com (USA) Links:
RFD Referral: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079H2CMT2/

Clean:
https://www_amazon.com/dp/B079H2CMT2/
35 replies
Jan 14, 2014
24 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
note: need to be subscribed to Audible Membership

I think I'm mistaken
Last edited by iPotato on Oct 1st, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56409 posts
21424 upvotes
iPotato wrote: note: need to be subscribed to Audible Membership
I wasn't subscribes to audible. And I can read the Kindle edition.

Maybe you are clicking on the audible edition.
Feb 25, 2022
2 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alanbrenton wrote: I wasn't subscribes to audible. And I can read the Kindle edition.

Maybe you are clicking on the audible edition.
Same here. Not an Audible user/subscriber, but got the Kindle edition of the book.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5404 posts
5461 upvotes
Edmonton
I don't get how this book is so famous with such a following. Full of low level self-help "fluff" without any real substance.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9151 upvotes
The NORTH
Shouldn't this be in Freebies?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1334 posts
2664 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Shouldn't this be in Freebies?
The Freebies forum has been moved to "Hot Deals" now apparently. Free dollar store gloves, neti pots, free pdf's, free apps and 1930's how to get rich books all qualify for Hot Deal status in 22'.
Mar 17, 2018
46 posts
74 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: I don't get how this book is so famous with such a following. Full of low level self-help "fluff" without any real substance.
TLDR the book:

Get a job, get some money. Buy stocks when cheap, sell when high. Buy property, rent out, use income to buy more property. After a bunch of years, be rich. Amirite?
May 3, 2022
238 posts
393 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: I don't get how this book is so famous with such a following. Full of low level self-help "fluff" without any real substance.
Because it's the OG book that has helped millions.
JohnK28 wrote: TLDR the book:

Get a job, get some money. Buy stocks when cheap, sell when high. Buy property, rent out, use income to buy more property. After a bunch of years, be rich. Amirite?
Nope, try again.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24363 posts
31281 upvotes
Maverick45 wrote: Because it's the OG book that has helped millions.

Nope, try again.
You get it. They don't.

Some people also summarize these books as:
Be smart, lucky, and work hard.

Foolish misrepresentation.

Their flippant response to life changing financial success is one of their worst self-sabotaging habits.
Dec 20, 2019
651 posts
2682 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
This is one of the worst self help books I've read. I couldn't make it through the whole thing. There are a lot of repetition of ideas throughout, and many are outdated and made more sense in the 1900s than now. This book is also controversial. Apparently, Hills never actually met any of the people he proclaimed to have learned from in this book. But I think I understand why so many successful people highly rate it; back then, there just wasn't that much in the genre of self help.

If you want good books, go for something like "the slight edge" from Jeff Olson or the power of habit by Charles Duhigg. They are much more refined and modernized.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Oct 1st, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 10, 2007
240 posts
32 upvotes
If you have zero knowledge about money, how to make it, and/or how to manage it, and you don’t know where to start…..you could start here. It costs you nothing. *BAM, first lesson in growing and thinking rich. Class is in session.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
2577 posts
2049 upvotes
Torontois @ 宇宙中心
Read it in 2006 back in uni, useless book. Basically says to obsess about money to get rich...well, no shit. For those who make it, they can say it was due to this book =/. I just see this as an early/primitive self-help book, all fluff, no substance, but in 1937 style without the obfuscation.
I would put Rich Dad Poor Dad over this one.

But free is free.
Alt. Savings Vehicles Data/Discussion
(4.19% - 4.03%) high-interest-cash-etfs-4-19-4-03-cad-usd-2574002/
(3.65% - 3.20%) big-6-high-interest-cash-funds-accts-3- ... d-2579841/
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56409 posts
21424 upvotes
ADenariusSaved wrote: Read it in 2006 back in uni, useless book. Basically says to obsess about money to get rich...well, no shit. For those who make it, they can say it was due to this book =/. I just see this as an early/primitive self-help book, all fluff, no substance, but in 1937 style without the obfuscation.
I would put Rich Dad Poor Dad over this one.

But free is free.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rich-dad ... 27064.html

I think this current equity and bond market decline is unprecedented. Only USD is winning, maybe along some low P/E and select energy stocks.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Oct 1st, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
2577 posts
2049 upvotes
Torontois @ 宇宙中心
alanbrenton wrote: Saw an article from Robert on The Globe and Mail. He says buy gold, silver, real estate for the time being.

I think this current equity and bond market decline is unprecedented. Only USD is winning, maybe along spme low P/E and energy stocks.
Oh we've had this happen before, the 1970s. What is unprecedented is the amount of debt. Gold dominated in the 1970s and 2000s, when stocks went no where. But bonds didn't collapse in the 2000s. Past doesn't predict future so who knows.

I don't think too highly of Robert in the integrity department, but Rich Dad Poor Dad isn't a bad book. Not too actionable like Think and Grow Rich, but at least he provides a realistic paradigms with which to think about wealth (Asset vs. Liabilities in a pragmatic sense, and cashflow quadrant). Napoleon Hill just lists desire, if I remember correctly.

But RDPD isn't free like this book, well, technically all books can be free through various kinds of libraries...
May 3, 2022
238 posts
393 upvotes
Seems like you completely missed the point of the book...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56409 posts
21424 upvotes
ADenariusSaved wrote: Oh we've had this happen before, the 1970s. What is unprecedented is the amount of debt. Gold dominated in the 1970s and 2000s, when stocks went no where. But bonds didn't collapse in the 2000s. Past doesn't predict future so who knows.

I don't think too highly of Robert in the integrity department, but Rich Dad Poor Dad isn't a bad book. Not too actionable like Think and Grow Rich, but at least he provides a realistic paradigms with which to think about wealth (Asset vs. Liabilities in a pragmatic sense, and cashflow quadrant). Napoleon Hill just lists desire, if I remember correctly.

But RDPD isn't free like this book, well, technically all books can be free through various kinds of libraries...
I quoted him incorrectly. Replaced it with the link with the following summary. So I buy BTC at $20, gold at $250, silver at $10? I will be waiting haha.

Robert Kiyosaki expects stocks, bitcoin, gold, silver, and real estate to plummet in price.

The "Rich Dad Poor Dad" author urged investors to be bold and buy discounted assets during a crash.

Kiyosaki has previously advised stockpiling cans of tuna and baked beans to get ahead of inflation.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
2577 posts
2049 upvotes
Torontois @ 宇宙中心
alanbrenton wrote: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rich-dad ... 27064.html

I think this current equity and bond market decline is unprecedented. Only USD is winning, maybe along some low P/E and select energy stocks.
Ok, that's a good article lol. I like the comment, exactly what I was thinking. He's right this time, that's because he's not trying to sell you something lol.
I'm stockpiling sardine cans lol...And they're going up in price which is pissing me off. Trash bags is interesting, especially after Trudeau is banning single-use plastics.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2631 posts
5851 upvotes
Vancouver
If it was really effective everyone in the word would be a millionaire

The only person getting rich is the idiots they scammed into paying for this book lol
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
2577 posts
2049 upvotes
Torontois @ 宇宙中心
alanbrenton wrote: I quoted him incorrectly. Replaced it with the link with the following summary. So I buy BTC at $20, gold at $250, silver at $10? I will be waiting haha.

Robert Kiyosaki expects stocks, bitcoin, gold, silver, and real estate to plummet in price.

The "Rich Dad Poor Dad" author urged investors to be bold and buy discounted assets during a crash.

Kiyosaki has previously advised stockpiling cans of tuna and baked beans to get ahead of inflation.
There's something called a permanent portfolio which uses 25% gold, 25% stocks, 25% long-term bonds, 25% cash. It doesn't make a lot, but it hardly takes any damage. The Sharpe ratio is pretty good, so you can leverage it in low-rate environments. I always wondered why it had 25% cash. They said it was for situations where governments deliberately create a recession to control inflation, which I thought was unfathomable because of the amount of public debt out there. Now the cash allocation makes sense. I tried to get rid of cash at the earliest opportunity into stocks, I'm bag holding =/...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)