[Amazon.ca] THINKCAR 1S - Vehicle OBD2 diagnostics dongle bluetooth - 33.94

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 9:56 am
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3475 posts
3421 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
fsteiner wrote: Kindly care to elaborate on the formula?
I'm considering on older van for camping and picking up this as a diagnostic tool
all calculations are specific to each vehicle, so unless you drive a 2nd Gen Toyota Tacoma, it's worthless to you.

google for your vehicle and see if someone has figured it out
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3475 posts
3421 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
escape1975 wrote:
For some reason it didn’t like to be left in the car for an “extended” period, more than a few minutes.
When the car is shut off, the dongle still receives power, thus is always on (ie: Torque still can talk to it)
I have read that this leaves it open to hacking. I try to remember to take it out after each drive, but that gets annoying so it stays out most of the time now

Your getting codes is very weird though. It's never happened to me in the 4 vehicles I've used it in.
I hope the new one works better, cause that's super weird
[OP]
Nov 19, 2014
849 posts
746 upvotes
GPS - error
raskal wrote: When the car is shut off, the dongle still receives power, thus is always on (ie: Torque still can talk to it)
I have read that this leaves it open to hacking. I try to remember to take it out after each drive, but that gets annoying so it stays out most of the time now

Your getting codes is very weird though. It's never happened to me in the 4 vehicles I've used it in.
I hope the new one works better, cause that's super weird
I agree, it’s very weird, I was thinking maybe something with battery,
but the battery has actually been recently replaced so it can’t be power issues.

It’s not exactly a brand new vehicle but not old considering OBD2 implementations,
I have a 2009 Outlander XLS, the only thing different from stock is the fact that I’ve
installed a US car starter on it, one made by Mitsubishi but not exactly available in
Canada in 2009, however I’ve had the car since new and never had any codes ...

Except a cold start timing issue on one cylinder when it gets below -35 or so,
but nothing like the other code which is transmission not communicating with ECU,
or something like that ...

I hope the other dongle works better :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31110 posts
16856 upvotes
Ottawa
Does it read both ms/hs canbus?
[OP]
Nov 19, 2014
849 posts
746 upvotes
GPS - error
Got my reader, it’s awesome, scanned a bunch of modules, found codes that a regular OBD2 reader didn’t even see ...
Also showed me that I replaced my hands free bluetooth module with one from another VIN, that I bought from ebay.
Shows software revisions and info about everything, airbags, abs, radio, etc ..
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3475 posts
3421 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
escape1975 wrote: Got my reader, it’s awesome, scanned a bunch of modules, found codes that a regular OBD2 reader didn’t even see ...
Also showed me that I replaced my hands free bluetooth module with one from another VIN, that I bought from ebay.
Shows software revisions and info about everything, airbags, abs, radio, etc ..
What app are you using?
[OP]
Nov 19, 2014
849 posts
746 upvotes
GPS - error
raskal wrote: What app are you using?
It only works with the Thinkcar app, that’s a negative but no different than Bluedriver i guess ..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9390 posts
617 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP
RFD 40-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1753 posts
807 upvotes
Anyone have experience with this adapter and a BMW ? I know they can be picky about specific adapters... also, if it works, would it also be capable of modding (with the appropriate software)?