Expired Hot Deals

Olympus MO-D E-M5 Body Only $598

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2014 8:18 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 16, 2013
20 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga

Olympus MO-D E-M5 Body Only $598

Deal Link:
Price:
598
I noticed the E-M5 camera body for $598 sold by 123EasyShip on Amazon.ca.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0074WD ... e=UTF8&me=
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Pt3iTiwAL.jpg[/IMG]

It says "Shipped from Canada by Authorized Canadian Dealer with a full Canadian Warranty." but I'm really not sure.
Just throwing it out there in case anyone was interested.

Henry's has it for $800
6 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 8, 2006
900 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered a lens from them (123 easy ship) which I got promptly and in perfect condition.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2009
1197 posts
825 upvotes
Montreal
I was sorely tempted to get this on Black Friday, but I decided the E-M10 is a better option. You are giving up the weatherproof, but getting better autofocus, better JPEG processor and built-in wi-fi. Just waiting now on a deal...
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 16, 2013
20 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
randomroyalty wrote: I was sorely tempted to get this on Black Friday, but I decided the E-M10 is a better option. You are giving up the weatherproof, but getting better autofocus, better JPEG processor and built-in wi-fi. Just waiting now on a deal...
I personally have a weatherproof Pentax k-5 and used to own a Pentax k-x which was not weatherproof. I used my k-x in light rain and even humid places like the Philippines without any issues. I think if you're careful with your camera and aren't shooting directly in rain then you're making the right decision by foregoing the weatherproofing. Or maybe my k-x was built solidly...

How much was it on BF and where so other RFDers can use it to compare in the future?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1625 posts
207 upvotes
Olympus official EM-5 for the same price with weather sealed lens on black friday. Should expect the same on boxing day or boxing week.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2009
1197 posts
825 upvotes
Montreal
jfinds wrote: I personally have a weatherproof Pentax k-5 and used to own a Pentax k-x which was not weatherproof. I used my k-x in light rain and even humid places like the Philippines without any issues. I think if you're careful with your camera and aren't shooting directly in rain then you're making the right decision by foregoing the weatherproofing. Or maybe my k-x was built solidly...

How much was it on BF and where so other RFDers can use it to compare in the future?
It was $599 free ship from Getolympus. I also had a 5% discount coupon. Keep in mind this is first gen OM-D and while an excellent camera (same IQ as the E-M10) the E-M1 is the one to get. Hoping boxing day will bring lower prices :-)
Jr. Member
Mar 8, 2008
134 posts
20 upvotes
bigbug wrote: Olympus official EM-5 for the same price with weather sealed lens on black friday. Should expect the same on boxing day or boxing week.
I believe it was body only for $599. Otherwise, I would have jumped on it.

Top