[Amazon.ca] Thule Force XT XL Rooftop Cargo Box

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 6:53 pm
[OP]
Dec 5, 2017
2 posts
11 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Thule Force XT XL Rooftop Cargo Box

Great rare price for this model + free delivery.

Canadian Tire and Thule web sites list this for $829.95

Saw the exact same model and size listed used on Kijiji for $675.
45 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2157 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
Great price. God damn. I was gonna buy first think later but the thinking got me thinking this is 7ft long! I've got a honda pilot and this seems big for it still!
Jun 18, 2009
98 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton
I wish I had a larger vehicle. If I did, I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
Mar 17, 2014
586 posts
260 upvotes
Vancouver
i'm in the market for roof cargo....was looking at XT Sport as i need to put kayak on the side as well....will this fit on Honda Odyssey minivan along with the kayak on the side????
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3001 posts
1772 upvotes
Pothole city
Those Quick-mount system are a must. I had the cheaper U shape bolt system before, and they are a PITA.
Aug 1, 2005
16 posts
3 upvotes
it came up at regular price but if you look at others sellers the Amazon.ca price is the one you want. Ships in 1 to 2 months however...
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1175 posts
884 upvotes
Montreal
Need one for the foreseeable futur. Wonder if this would fit and not to big for a Golf ?
Sep 19, 2005
563 posts
99 upvotes
yeah this is a weird one... first time i see amazon.ca put their own listing, with a lower price, behind third party sellers lol...
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1175 posts
884 upvotes
Montreal
balzomak wrote: Andddddd ... its gone
It's not gone. It's there at 629$ but with a delay of 1 to 2 months.
Images
  • Screenshot_20201022-074510_Chrome.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5574 posts
1970 upvotes
Thanks op! Got one...delivery Nov.19 to Jan.07 though lol. But nice to be locked in at this price though :) Gives me time to look for a better deal or change my mind before this one ships :D

Buy now think later!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5574 posts
1970 upvotes
madknife wrote: yeah this is a weird one... first time i see amazon.ca put their own listing, with a lower price, behind third party sellers lol...
I see them sometimes do this when their initial Prime stock is gone, but you can still order for long delivery. And usually the long delivery turns out to be faster anyway. Fantastic deal here.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Feb 29, 2008
315 posts
102 upvotes
GTA
These last forever, consider getting a used one on Kijiji. I bought mine for $150 three years ago
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1078 posts
469 upvotes
Orleans, ON
esq05 wrote: Great price. God damn. I was gonna buy first think later but the thinking got me thinking this is 7ft long! I've got a honda pilot and this seems big for it still!
This is the recommended box for my Escape from their "fit my car" page
https://www.thule.com/en-us/fit-my-car? ... =Fqv5MaRKF

I tried a 2018 Pilot with factory installed cross bars and it recommended this box as well.
#melnykout
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3001 posts
1772 upvotes
Pothole city
Some Volvo dealers seems to have sale price on Odin cargo boxes (Thule rebranded).

https://parts.volvopointeclaire.com/p/V ... gIanvD_BwE
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4008 posts
1723 upvotes
typer100 wrote: Some Volvo dealers seems to have sale price on Odin cargo boxes (Thule rebranded).

https://parts.volvopointeclaire.com/p/V ... gIanvD_BwE
The only thing holding me back from getting a Volvo-branded (or other auto-branded Thule) is the lack of warranty. I think the rebranded ones only have a 1 year warranty, vs Thule's lifetime warranty.

I guess if it was a lot cheaper you could justify it. Just wondering..
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3001 posts
1772 upvotes
Pothole city
hvc wrote: The only thing holding me back from getting a Volvo-branded (or other auto-branded Thule) is the lack of warranty. I think the rebranded ones only have a 1 year warranty, vs Thule's lifetime warranty.

I guess if it was a lot cheaper you could justify it. Just wondering..
Warranty? Thule cargo boxes are bullet proof.
Apr 11, 2011
291 posts
178 upvotes
Montreal
elpaso wrote: It's not gone. It's there at 629$ but with a delay of 1 to 2 months.
I dont see the 629$ option on my PC
Jul 2, 2014
468 posts
156 upvotes
Maple, ON
Sweet! I've been eyeing these for a LONG time. I'm using it more for the form over function. I love how these look on top of sedans, especially when its wrapped to match the car.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13657 posts
7353 upvotes
Southern Ontario
fuzzy2k3 wrote: These last forever, consider getting a used one on Kijiji. I bought mine for $150 three years ago
They can degrade from UV exposure and can crack with age. Also the new clamps are much easier to install than U bolts, no tools and fast. Deal seekers need to notice where previous owners store them or whether it's something they've left up all year.

We decided to buy a new one after that happened and keep it stored inside the garage up on a ceiling rack when not in use because it's so easy to install. Don't know the size difference, this one has been great on our SUV:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/thul ... p.html#srp