[Amazon.ca] Thule Force XT XL Rooftop Cargo Box

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 6:53 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13659 posts
7353 upvotes
Southern Ontario
If you're trying to figure out size, make sure you measure with the tailgate up for rear clearance, that's how far it will extend toward the front.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4009 posts
1725 upvotes
typer100 wrote: Warranty? Thule cargo boxes are bullet proof.
Fair point. I always just wondered how much the warranty of a Thule was worth vs. the 1 year of the rebrands. Piece of mind, really, but sounds like it's not worth anything.. haha thanks!
Nov 30, 2006
518 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Would it be fine to store outdoors with a bike tarp or vet it? I would think so. I’ve been wanting one but have nowhere to store it.
Jun 21, 2009
263 posts
235 upvotes
typer100 wrote: Some Volvo dealers seems to have sale price on Odin cargo boxes (Thule rebranded).

https://parts.volvopointeclaire.com/p/V ... gIanvD_BwE
I was going to post this, I grabbed one of the Thule Odin's earlier this year. My old Force XT L had zero issues when I sold it to upgrade to the XL. Not sure what the warranty issues are that you would be concerned with, these things are pretty tough
Images
  • IMG_2139.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1079 posts
550 upvotes
congo80 wrote: i'm in the market for roof cargo....was looking at XT Sport as i need to put kayak on the side as well....will this fit on Honda Odyssey minivan along with the kayak on the side????
I got the Alpine model from Canadian tire. I got it because I wanted to have space on my minivan for other stuff (such as a kayak or a bike mount) and I use it to carry skis or fishing gear mostly. I don't have an Odyssey, but on my van I can fit a J-style kayak rack with it. It would be tight though. I did measure my rack and did my own research obviously, including the max width and max weight.
Btw I really like the clamps on the Thule, really easy to mount and dismount. Thumbs up for me on the Alpine model.
Aug 26, 2015
146 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OMG, the ONE day I don't check RFD early in the morning and this happens. I was looking for this EXACT product and size. I would've been fine with the wait too since I was hoping to have it for camping next year.
Sep 9, 2012
272 posts
200 upvotes
Ottawa
tekguy26 wrote: OMG, the ONE day I don't check RFD early in the morning and this happens. I was looking for this EXACT product and size. I would've been fine with the wait too since I was hoping to have it for camping next year.
Yep, same here...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6107 posts
1877 upvotes
Calgary
romsan04 wrote: Deal is dead
posting "deal is dead" does nothing, if it's dead, click the report post button and a mod will look at it.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1706 posts
818 upvotes
Laval
hvc wrote: Fair point. I always just wondered how much the warranty of a Thule was worth vs. the 1 year of the rebrands. Piece of mind, really, but sounds like it's not worth anything.. haha thanks!
Broke one of the clamps when storing it. Called Thule, they promptly sent a replacement
Sep 23, 2020
36 posts
66 upvotes
It's not too big. I know it seems that way, but I have an L sitting on top of my Mazda 3 hatch and I wish I had gotten the XL. No view obstruction and it can easily sit forward of the windshield...
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1073 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
blue dragon wrote: I was going to post this, I grabbed one of the Thule Odin's earlier this year. My old Force XT L had zero issues when I sold it to upgrade to the XL. Not sure what the warranty issues are that you would be concerned with, these things are pretty tough
I had a Volvo-branded Thule for around 10 years and it worked very well (equivalent to the Ascent 1600). The only issue was surface rust on the Quick Grip clamps, but those clamps are user-replaceable fairly easily, if needed.

I ended up selling the cargo box and switched to a Yakima Skybox 16. I find it has a much better attachment system and opening/closing the box is much easier than the Thule (I haven't used the more recent Thule's but I always found it incredibly difficult to close and lock the Thule when it was reasonably full, whereas the Yakima simply latches upon closing).
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2157 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
blue dragon wrote: I was going to post this, I grabbed one of the Thule Odin's earlier this year. My old Force XT L had zero issues when I sold it to upgrade to the XL. Not sure what the warranty issues are that you would be concerned with, these things are pretty tough
Is that the XL size? I would've imagined it to be slightly longer.
Aug 29, 2005
644 posts
37 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Great price. God damn. I was gonna buy first think later but the thinking got me thinking this is 7ft long! I've got a honda pilot and this seems big for it still!
I've had my Thule Force XL for over 6 years and I love it. Great for camping trips in the summer and ski trips in the winter. I've been using it on my Honda Pilot for 4 years now without any issues. Trunk opens fine without touching. Before that I had it on my Honda Odyssey. I had to install my crossbars a little further forward so the trunk wouldn't hit the Thule.
Jun 21, 2009
263 posts
235 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Is that the XL size? I would've imagined it to be slightly longer.
That is the XL size, its 17 cubic feet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5574 posts
1970 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: Broke one of the clamps when storing it. Called Thule, they promptly sent a replacement
Replacement clamp...or... replaced the whole thing??
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1706 posts
818 upvotes
Laval
deezz wrote: Replacement clamp...or... replaced the whole thing??
No, just the clamp
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5574 posts
1970 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: No, just the clamp
Haha okay, just double checking. Thanks for the reply
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*