[Amazon.ca] Thule Force XT XL Rooftop Cargo Box

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 6:53 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1683 posts
799 upvotes
Laval
hvc wrote: Fair point. I always just wondered how much the warranty of a Thule was worth vs. the 1 year of the rebrands. Piece of mind, really, but sounds like it's not worth anything.. haha thanks!
Broke one of the clamps when storing it. Called Thule, they promptly sent a replacement
Sep 23, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
It's not too big. I know it seems that way, but I have an L sitting on top of my Mazda 3 hatch and I wish I had gotten the XL. No view obstruction and it can easily sit forward of the windshield...
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1060 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
blue dragon wrote: I was going to post this, I grabbed one of the Thule Odin's earlier this year. My old Force XT L had zero issues when I sold it to upgrade to the XL. Not sure what the warranty issues are that you would be concerned with, these things are pretty tough
I had a Volvo-branded Thule for around 10 years and it worked very well (equivalent to the Ascent 1600). The only issue was surface rust on the Quick Grip clamps, but those clamps are user-replaceable fairly easily, if needed.

I ended up selling the cargo box and switched to a Yakima Skybox 16. I find it has a much better attachment system and opening/closing the box is much easier than the Thule (I haven't used the more recent Thule's but I always found it incredibly difficult to close and lock the Thule when it was reasonably full, whereas the Yakima simply latches upon closing).
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2138 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto
blue dragon wrote: I was going to post this, I grabbed one of the Thule Odin's earlier this year. My old Force XT L had zero issues when I sold it to upgrade to the XL. Not sure what the warranty issues are that you would be concerned with, these things are pretty tough
Is that the XL size? I would've imagined it to be slightly longer.
Aug 29, 2005
643 posts
37 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Great price. God damn. I was gonna buy first think later but the thinking got me thinking this is 7ft long! I've got a honda pilot and this seems big for it still!
I've had my Thule Force XL for over 6 years and I love it. Great for camping trips in the summer and ski trips in the winter. I've been using it on my Honda Pilot for 4 years now without any issues. Trunk opens fine without touching. Before that I had it on my Honda Odyssey. I had to install my crossbars a little further forward so the trunk wouldn't hit the Thule.
Jun 21, 2009
248 posts
216 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Is that the XL size? I would've imagined it to be slightly longer.
That is the XL size, its 17 cubic feet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5522 posts
1894 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: Broke one of the clamps when storing it. Called Thule, they promptly sent a replacement
Replacement clamp...or... replaced the whole thing??
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1683 posts
799 upvotes
Laval
deezz wrote: Replacement clamp...or... replaced the whole thing??
No, just the clamp
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5522 posts
1894 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: No, just the clamp
Haha okay, just double checking. Thanks for the reply

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5522 posts
1894 upvotes
vanhalen26 wrote: They cancelled my order today
Same, and I am none too happy about it.

Nov 30, 2006
490 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote: Same, and I am none too happy about it.
Looks like an error - I think they dropped in the $US price and not the Canadian - but because they waited so long to discover that they should just honor it. I’m sure it’s not that many sold.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5522 posts
1894 upvotes
vanhalen26 wrote: Looks like an error - I think they dropped in the $US price and not the Canadian - but because they waited so long to discover that they should just honor it. I’m sure it’s not that many sold.
Well, I called them saying it's still showing in stock, and they gave me the runaround saying that because it's only available through a third party seller now, they can't honour the price. I tried everything. Any other suggestions? I'll try again for sure if you have any good ideas :D

Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5522 posts
1894 upvotes
NewtonUA wrote: Great rare price for this model + free delivery.

Canadian Tire and Thule web sites list this for $829.95

Saw the exact same model and size listed used on Kijiji for $675.
Hey, did you order this when you posted this deal? Just wondering if you got yours....my order was cancelled :(