Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Ticket to Ride board game - $43.70 down from $55.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2022 11:20 am
Feb 24, 2008
140 posts
436 upvotes
Bradford

[Amazon.ca] Ticket to Ride board game - $43.70 down from $55.99

Good family board game, for those interested. You can normally get it for around $50 around the GTA, but this may be the lowest I've seen it.
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
Very fun game. Also a family favorite here. I've been on the lookout for a good deal on Ticket to Ride Europe.
Dec 16, 2009
656 posts
811 upvotes
I generally don't buy boardgames from Amazon, due to their absolute lack of Piracy monitoring. Are you going to get an original Days of Wonder boxed game, worth $50 or more, or are you going to get a chinese knockoff made of the cheapest plastic and paper you've ever seen, worth probably $10 at the most? Who knows?

Easy to return, but unless you already own the game, how do you know which version you got?

PS.. Yes, this is a great family game. Great with 4. Super-tough with 3 or 5 though, and very "competetive".
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
elkabong wrote: I generally don't buy boardgames from Amazon, due to their absolute lack of Piracy monitoring. Are you going to get an original Days of Wonder boxed game, worth $50 or more, or are you going to get a chinese knockoff made of the cheapest plastic and paper you've ever seen, worth probably $10 at the most? Who knows?

Easy to return, but unless you already own the game, how do you know which version you got?

PS.. Yes, this is a great family game. Great with 4. Super-tough with 3 or 5 though, and very "competetive".
Anyone know how to distinguish if it's real or fake?
Mar 7, 2011
703 posts
937 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
While ticket to ride is a great game, in my opinion the Europe version is far better. It has a few more strategy elements but it’s actually less competitive. That makes it work better for families in my opinion. Makes the game more interesting and replayable.

Anyway “Europe” is also on sale for $49, worth the extra $5.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000809OAO/ref=emc_b_5_mob_t

The other option is check out your local Marketplace bound to be a bunch of ticket to ride copies on there for cheaper, and people that like board games tend to keep them in pristine condition if possible
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
fruitpunch.ben wrote: While ticket to ride is a great game, in my opinion the Europe version is far better. It has a few more strategy elements but it’s actually less competitive. That makes it work better for families in my opinion. Makes the game more interesting and replayable.

The other option is check out your local Marketplace bound to be a bunch of ticket to ride copies on there for cheaper, and people that like board games tend to keep them in pristine condition if possible
The Europe version is soooo worth it, but there's different things you have to build in addition to the tracks. If you're new to the game stick to the original since the learning curve is much lower.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
2194 posts
3572 upvotes
Toronto
Honestly, Ticket to Ride should replace the likes of Monopoly as the go-to board game.

It looks nice, is easy to play, is fun and a game ends in 30 mins.
Mar 19, 2009
365 posts
127 upvotes
YVR
fruitpunch.ben wrote: While ticket to ride is a great game, in my opinion the Europe version is far better. It has a few more strategy elements but it’s actually less competitive. That makes it work better for families in my opinion. Makes the game more interesting and replayable.

Shows up as $55 for me. I guess not $49 anymore?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
keyzersoze78 wrote: Shows up as $55 for me. I guess not $49 anymore?
Shows $49 for me just ordered thanks op. Played this game many times on BGA. First time gonna be playing it physically. More work though cuz gotta do all the setup haha.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1184 posts
855 upvotes
jillaryit wrote: Honestly, Ticket to Ride should replace the likes of Monopoly as the go-to board game.

It looks nice, is easy to play, is fun and a game ends in 30 mins.
There are still people out there that consider Monopoly the go to board game? Yikes
Nov 14, 2006
717 posts
236 upvotes
Calgary
jeeva86 wrote: Shows $49 for me just ordered thanks op. Played this game many times on BGA. First time gonna be playing it physically. More work though cuz gotta do all the setup haha.
Shows as $55 for me too - you must have got the last one!
Mar 8, 2009
189 posts
89 upvotes
We have the boardgame, but especially when I am on the road, my wife and I love playing the electronic version (bought on Steam). It does all the counting for you!
Dec 16, 2009
656 posts
811 upvotes
fruitpunch.ben wrote: pLOLeople that like board games tend to keep them in pristine condition if possible
LOL. As a serious boardgamer, I find quite the opposite to be true... well not quite "opposite"... but games that get played a lot get worn. For example, I see TTR games at Goodwill all the time. Games that are played show major wear, no matter how well they were "kept", but the games that were never played - pristine usually - often with the cards still in shrink.. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)