Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS Smartwatch w/ free extras

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2021 12:08 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Feb 27, 2005
168 posts
47 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS Smartwatch w/ free extras

This is the first Wear OS watch with the new Snapdragon Wear 4100 processor and reviews seem positive, especially about the processor being powerful enough to finally make a Wear OS watch that's functional and snappy.

What I think makes this a deal is that another otherwise identical amazon.ca URL has same price and offers bonus extra charging cable ($25-ish), but this URL has the cable offer, as well as Mobvoi Gesture earbuds that currently go for $127. Could be an error as I think you normally can get just one bonus item per purchase, but I was able to add both the earbuds and the cable for $399.99 total with no tax and free Prime shipping.

First attempt at a hot deal so please excuse any posting faux pas.
17 replies
Newbie
May 18, 2016
37 posts
5 upvotes
thanks OP! good timing was just looking for this
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2019
1197 posts
2422 upvotes
Canada
Bad reviews from fake spot for the product and the company itself....
Live a little
Penalty Box
User avatar
Nov 11, 2006
836 posts
983 upvotes
@home
heykirbs wrote: thanks OP! good timing was just looking for this
C'mon, you can do better than this.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
20224 posts
23690 upvotes
Way too expensive.

Picked up my Samsung Watch3 for $250 + duty equivalent tax.

It may be lesser in some ways, but I feel like it's a better fit for most android users... especially Samsung phone users.
.
Newbie
Nov 23, 2017
41 posts
41 upvotes
It's the best WearOS watch right now, but that's not really saying much since WearOS is a dead platform at the moment thanks to Google and Qualcomm. Maybe when Samsung's rumored switch to WearOS will the platform be worth it.
Member
Jul 14, 2008
213 posts
394 upvotes
revivaljester wrote: It's the best WearOS watch right now, but that's not really saying much since WearOS is a dead platform at the moment thanks to Google and Qualcomm. Maybe when Samsung's rumored switch to WearOS will the platform be worth it.
...Sure...
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2006
790 posts
904 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
revivaljester wrote:
Sure what?
Reality is hard to realize sometimes. I mean after 9 years of abandonment Qualcomm actually developed from the 2100 cpu? I'm doubtful. The 3100 was a minor tweak at best. IMO you can't get more disappointed in a wearable than with the current wearOS, so this got to be better? It's priced as high as some new phones so...

"Yup dead sensors less than a month and they won't warranty due to shower. Super pissed"

"Please be noted that You could not take shower with this watch. It could not be under the high-speed water and it is not suitable for showering. You could see the waterproof of ticwatch pro 3 via the FAQ in our official website."

I didn't read ip68 on the Amazon listing, but it is. However they will NOT warranty the watch if worn when showering
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4580 posts
2525 upvotes
Couldn't get the cable to add for free, but with the headphones it's a decent deal? I assume it brings the effective cost of the watch to $303 if you return the headphones.
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Feb 27, 2005
168 posts
47 upvotes
Is it normal nowadays for a deal discussion to attract so many subjective negative comments?

I'm dependent on WearOS for integration with my glucose monitor so I was pleased to find what, to me, made shelling out to replace my dead Huawei Watch 2 a bit easier to swallow.

The only "negative" comment that adds anything that might help other users was about issues with the watch's water resistance. Good to know that I shouldn't take it into the shower till I've confirmed its seals with warrantied water play.

Thanks for that.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2017
44 posts
77 upvotes
I was interested in this watch until I saw how MASSIVE it is. Still looking for that unicorn WearOS + SD4100 smartwatch that doesn't look like you are wearing a Pip-Boy.
Newbie
Nov 23, 2017
41 posts
41 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Reality is hard to realize sometimes. I mean after 9 years of abandonment Qualcomm actually developed from the 2100 cpu? I'm doubtful. The 3100 was a minor tweak at best. IMO you can't get more disappointed in a wearable than with the current wearOS, so this got to be better? It's priced as high as some new phones so...

"Yup dead sensors less than a month and they won't warranty due to shower. Super pissed"

"Please be noted that You could not take shower with this watch. It could not be under the high-speed water and it is not suitable for showering. You could see the waterproof of ticwatch pro 3 via the FAQ in our official website."

I didn't read ip68 on the Amazon listing, but it is. However they will NOT warranty the watch if worn when showering
Hardly any company backs their IP rating with their standard warranty whether it's a phone or wearable. IP68 also doesn't denote protection against pressurized water, only submersion.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2006
790 posts
904 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
revivaljester wrote: Hardly any company backs their IP rating with their standard warranty whether it's a phone or wearable. IP68 also doesn't denote protection against pressurized water, only submersion.
I realize that, but I also know a lot of people shower with their watch on instead of charging it and those same people would assume waterproof meant waterproof until it broke and the claim was denied. Honestly my arm would put more water pressure on a watch by swimming than my shower head could. Must be nice to have water pressure.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2009
1630 posts
603 upvotes
Markham
I have the to watch pro 2020 version, and personally I love this watch. It last 2-3 days with moderate use throughout the day to check and reply messages(less if the GPS is running). Never had any issues with it when I wear it for swimming and etc)

Personally this is my favorite Android wear watch thus far (my 4th AW). I feel like ticwatch does some pretty solid watches, but that's only experience is only from this one watch.

With that said, I personally don't think any smart watch should cost more then $300 all in.... (I bought mine slightly used for $200)

Top