Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Tile Mate (2018) 4 Pack $34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 2:03 pm
14 replies
Jan 17, 2012
312 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
That's a great price, too bad it's limited to 1 per customer! Got one, free same day delivery with prime.
Jan 14, 2005
397 posts
166 upvotes
Brampton
I saw 2020 model on Amazon as well. Is there a major difference in 2018 model and the latest one?
Sony XBR65X900H, Panasonic TH-50PX77U, Denon AVR-X3800H, Pioneer vsx-1325, Sony UBP-X800M2, klipsch Ref 82, Cervin-Wega E76-c, Klipsch 12" Sub, JBL-10 Sub, Polk-Audio Surround speakers, Harmony Ultimate, Playstation 5, Wii, WiiU, AppleTV 4K,
Feb 26, 2008
341 posts
170 upvotes
rookie8155 wrote: I saw 2020 model on Amazon as well. Is there a major difference in 2018 model and the latest one?
The only change is the distance.

Adopting the very definition of the word refresh, the Tile Mate is nearly identical to its predecessor in almost every way. It still measures in at 35mm x 35mm x 6.2mm with a weight of 6g, and features a replaceable battery like last year’s version. The only change this year is that the Tile Mate’s range has been increased to 60m.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Tile reveals 2019 Bluetooth trackers, including Sticker, new Slim, Pro and Mate

also:

What is Mate’s Bluetooth range?
Mate 2020’s bluetooth range will reach up to 200ft/ 60m, that’s 50ft/15m more than Mate 2018!
Mar 10, 2016
589 posts
453 upvotes
What's the better deal ? - Tile Mate (2018) - 4 Pack for $34.99 or Tile Mate (2018) and Tile Slim (2016) - 4 Pack (2 x Mate, 2 x Slim) for $39.99
Sep 2, 2019
210 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
what do you use these for?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1261 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
To buy this or wait for the Costco Tile Pro x2 and Tile Mate sale?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
There's a long thread about the competing Trackr product selling for $4 at Dollarama: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/trackr- ... 4-2302425/

Not suggesting that they are equivalent - Tile Mate has definitely been more successful - but the Trackr thread discusses some of the uses people have found for them.

Basically you can attach it to something you might lose around the home or office, and use the app to locate it, if it's within Bluetooth range. You can get a warmer/colder distance indication on your phone, and you can make the tracker "beep".
You can also use it as a separation alarm, alerting your phone immediately if the item with the tracker moves out of Bluetooth range from your phone (for example your wallet or purse - or your child maybe).
The phone app remembers the last location where the tracker was "seen" if it's out of range now.
And there's even a service you can enable to have other people help locate a lost item by having it reported when the tracking app on other people's phones detects the lost item's ID code.

Unfortunately all of these capabilities have their limitations, as noted in the Trackr thread:
- Battery life of the small battery in the tracker. While manufacturers claim a 1-year life, it's no surprise that it can be much less in practice, particularly if you use it much.
- Because the tracker is tiny and low-powered, you have to be right on top of it to hear the beep or see it flash when attempting to locate it.
- When used for separation alerts, the Bluetooth connection can be erratic even when the tracker is in your pocket, resulting in false separation alerts.
- Any success in using other people to locate an item lost away from home would depend on others being in the same tracker ecosystem, having the app currently running on their phone, and having lost-item location assistance enabled. The odds aren't great.
Feb 11, 2015
78 posts
93 upvotes
Alberta
FrugalConsumer wrote: To buy this or wait for the Costco Tile Pro x2 and Tile Mate sale?
Have they said when do they go on sale?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
what do you guys generally use these for? I am failing to see the point.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
DimsumDeals wrote: what do you guys generally use these for? I am failing to see the point.
It's supposed to be used to help find things like keys that easily get lost. You can 'ring' the item from the app, to help you find it, similar to calling your phone with another if it is missing.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2014
1513 posts
2127 upvotes
BC
You can get a four pack of Tile Mate Pro 2020 version and a Google Nest Mini for $99.99 at BestBuy.
Mar 6, 2006
466 posts
118 upvotes
Kelowna
I stuck one of the slim tiles in my sons wallet cell phone case. This helps when he has no charge left, and can’t remember where his phone is!
Mar 30, 2008
991 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks op! Had ordered a 4 pack from Canadian tire for $45, which I thought was a good deal. Cancelled it and I'm getting them almost 2 weeks earlier for $10 cheaper

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)