• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2018 10:31 am
[OP]
Nov 15, 2015
373 posts
576 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

[Amazon.ca] Tile Mate 4-pack $40.07 LOWEST PRICE

Lowest price ever according to 3camel for the tile mate 4 pack. I suggest looking into the product to see if it is right for you but act fast, with Amazon's pricing system it will probably go up again.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01L3V ... _qh_dp_hza
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 2nd, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: changed retailer to Amazon Canada
29 replies
May 27, 2011
575 posts
586 upvotes
Do these things actually work? They always seemed gimicky to me.
Dec 28, 2011
903 posts
451 upvotes
Victoria
They only last for a year and are dependent on a app installed on other people's phones. I impulse bought a set and then cancelled after doing some research. They might be useful for some people who don't mind replacing yearly (at $25 each), and live in an area where lots of people will have the app installed. Lots of pros and cons to these, I'd really review closely to see if they are right for you.

I mistakenly assumed they would work with only your phone's bluetooth and find items within 200ft of your phone, but they are depenedent on other people's tile app on their phones that are close to you.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19703 posts
28765 upvotes
ONTARIO
Sephora wrote: Thanks, OP.

Decided to go with this MYNT ES tracker (https://www.amazon.ca/MYNT-ES-Important ... 077RZHXTM/), which has a replaceable battery and is on lightning sale for $16.99, but appreciate you posting the deal. Reminded me to order one of these trackers for a keychain.
Thanks. I would much rather get this than the tile mate.

I am still rocking a $9 iHere 3.0 tracker I got from a lightning deal last May that I saw here on RFD. It's rechargeable and still works perfectly to this day.
I've wanted another one, but never seen them again anywhere. Might have to grab one of these to see how it compares. Although I am not crazy about needing to run multiple apps. Wish there was a single app that could pair with all these different branded trackers.
Jan 19, 2008
490 posts
317 upvotes
I love mine. It lets you know the last place your item was within range of your phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2210 posts
1466 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone that's not a fan of the replaceable battery but likes the community feature of the Tile, you can always get the KeySmart Pro or the Nomad PowerPack, both are rechargable. Benefit of each is that the KeySmart, well, you can organize your keys and have it all built-in (but you'll have to remember to charge your keys) and the PowerPack is my favorite as it's a 9,000 mAh battery, although not the hugest capacity, it has a rugged build and it's something you already charge anyways.

EDIT: I apologize, allow me to clarify:

KeySmart Pro is a key organizer that has Tile built into it.
Nomad PowerPack is a portable battery that has Tile built into it.

If you're using Tile to usually find your phone, these are good options as they are rechargable and items you'd use regularly. You lose the ability to attach the Tile onto whatever else you want to but you're still able to ring up your keys or portable battery, 2 things I constantly misplace as well, so it goes both ways.
Last edited by vtse on Apr 2nd, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1009 posts
1577 upvotes
Toronto
vtse wrote: For anyone that's not a fan of the replaceable battery but likes the community feature of the Tile, you can always get the KeySmart Pro or the Nomad PowerPack, both are rechargable. Benefit of each is that the KeySmart, well, you can organize your keys and have it all built-in (but you'll have to remember to charge your keys) and the PowerPack is my favorite as it's a 9,000 mAh battery, although not the hugest capacity, it has a rugged build and it's something you already charge anyways.
Neither of those are replacement for the Tile. One is a key organizer, the other a portable battery charger. ?!?!??

Anyway, please think about the environment and use one of the legitimate alternatives suggested in this thread.

There is no reason then Tile requires a built in battery other than to turn this physical product into a subscription-based service.

I’ll look into the MYNT ES that someone mentioned.
Jan 26, 2010
956 posts
736 upvotes
Milton
Can MYNT be used on a cat collar to track a cat? Our cat likes to roam occasionally.
Koodo Prepaid, Public Mobile, Conch shells, Tin cans
Jun 1, 2010
161 posts
101 upvotes
GTA
PapaQBear wrote: Can MYNT be used on a cat collar to track a cat? Our cat likes to roam occasionally.
The effective range of most bluetooth trackers are 10-15m. This makes tracking very unfeasible regardless of what brand.
Another problem with Mynt is that the GPS/bluetooth crowdsourcing is very limited due to the lack of users. Especially in Canada and if you don't live in the city where there are more potential users.
The only benefit is that Mynt ES batteries can be replaced unlike Tile which requires you to repurchase a device. They are standard CR2032 batteries.

I did buy a pack of Mynt ES the other day for $50 on lightning sale from Amazon. It's great for keys and wallet in the house.
Jan 23, 2005
194 posts
43 upvotes
Surrey
PapaQBear wrote: Can MYNT be used on a cat collar to track a cat? Our cat likes to roam occasionally.
have the same problem here
Dec 10, 2008
251 posts
134 upvotes
SuperStarDynex wrote: Do these things actually work? They always seemed gimicky to me.
Yes they work at providing networks like Google with your whereabouts so that advertiser's can target you based on location.
Jan 26, 2010
956 posts
736 upvotes
Milton
Shoyrukon wrote: The effective range of most bluetooth trackers are 10-15m. This makes tracking very unfeasible regardless of what brand.
Another problem with Mynt is that the GPS/bluetooth crowdsourcing is very limited due to the lack of users. Especially in Canada and if you don't live in the city where there are more potential users.
The only benefit is that Mynt ES batteries can be replaced unlike Tile which requires you to repurchase a device. They are standard CR2032 batteries.

I did buy a pack of Mynt ES the other day for $50 on lightning sale from Amazon. It's great for keys and wallet in the house.
Thanks. Might grab one and try it out anyway. If it doesn't work I can use it on something else.
Koodo Prepaid, Public Mobile, Conch shells, Tin cans
Jan 8, 2016
113 posts
101 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
SuperStarDynex wrote: Do these things actually work? They always seemed gimicky to me.
I vacillated for over a year on whether to get one. They were on sale at lowes for $26 for one around Boxing Day so I picked one up. I cannot tell you the number of times I have had to use to find my phone under some piece of clothing, or keys some place where I absent-mindedly set down and would not find without S... luck and a lot of searching. Can't speak for the other brands mentioned but if they work like the tile, if you ever need to find your keys or phone, this is a must have.

I put my tile on my key chain and can press the button on the tile unit to have my phone make a tracking sound, or use my phone to make the tile unit make a tracking sound.

Was going to get the 4 pac at the OP stated price but looks like I missed that deal. Dang.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2210 posts
1466 upvotes
Toronto
althanis wrote: Neither of those are replacement for the Tile. One is a key organizer, the other a portable battery charger. ?!?!??

Anyway, please think about the environment and use one of the legitimate alternatives suggested in this thread.

There is no reason then Tile requires a built in battery other than to turn this physical product into a subscription-based service.

I’ll look into the MYNT ES that someone mentioned.
I apologize, allow me to clarify:

KeySmart Pro is a key organizer that has Tile built into it.
Nomad PowerPack is a portable battery that has Tile built into it.

If you're using Tile to usually find your phone, these are good options as they are rechargable and items you'd use regularly. You lose the ability to attach the Tile onto whatever else you want to but you're still able to ring up your keys or portable battery, 2 things I constantly misplace as well, so it goes both ways.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
1070 posts
906 upvotes
Just dropped to $40.07

2008 Wins - Vtech 6042 Phone System
2009 Wins - Samsung ST550 Camera - Scotch Tape Prize Pack - Wonder+ 155cm Snowboard
2010 Wins - Nestea for a year X 8 - Tassimo Brewer - Chicken Delight Patio Party
2013 Wins - Kobo Mini
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4189 posts
1542 upvotes
Good price!
but still not ''buy now, think later''

I saw many 4 packs for 40$ new and sealed on kijiji.
You can probably find 1 TileMate for 10$.
The 4 packs on amazon comes to 46$ tax included.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)