• Jul 30th, 2020 10:53 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2004
617 posts
1287 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Timbuk2 Rogue Laptop Backpack | 30% Off | $55.00

61cfngEsTeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Stretch-mesh slip pocket offers snug yet breathable protection for your 15 inch laptop
  • Internal organization holds pens and power cords
  • Padded adjustable shoulder straps; removable sternum strap; mesh-ventilated back panel
  • Quick-access exterior zip pocket for your phone power brick keys and other personal items
  • Large main compartment for books and a jacket

-Callahan-

Lowest Price EVER on CCC!

18 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1103 posts
1742 upvotes
Wait till you need to get it fixed. Good luck!!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44071 posts
7593 upvotes
How much L is this bag? Wondering if it can fit the following:

1) Lenovo T480 laptop
2) 16" LED USB portable monitor
3) Bunch of External HDDs - WD Slim
4) USB pouch with USB drives
5) Mouse, two ethernet cables, one mini 5 port switch
6) Snacks (granola bars), portable battery charger
7) Small items like tylenol, gum, etc.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44071 posts
7593 upvotes
tfong010 wrote: Wait till you need to get it fixed. Good luck!!!!
Care to elaborate more on this?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1103 posts
1742 upvotes
They have a lifetime guarantee but you need to pay to get your bag repaired. Then it takes 6 weeks for them to fix your bag. That’s assuming that they respond to your emails to begin with.

I have three of their bags and will never buy another one.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1085 posts
434 upvotes
North York
Anyone have this backpack that can attest to its durability
Jun 12, 2014
346 posts
207 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got this one in grey back in 2015 for $47 from MEC. It's a shame that the plastic along the top, front, base and straps isn't more resilient; it started to fray at the seams after a few years of light daily use. So not a lifetime backpack.

That said, I like the look and it's served me well enough. Maybe I'll get this one from Amazon. Thanks OP.
Frugalmeister
Oct 1, 2013
274 posts
60 upvotes
EDMONTON
Frugalmeister wrote: I got this one in grey back in 2015 for $47 from MEC. It's a shame that the plastic along the top, front, base and straps isn't more resilient; it started to fray at the seams after a few years of light daily use. So not a lifetime backpack.

That said, I like the look and it's served me well enough. Maybe I'll get this one from Amazon. Thanks OP.
tfong010 wrote: They have a lifetime guarantee but you need to pay to get your bag repaired. Then it takes 6 weeks for them to fix your bag. That’s assuming that they respond to your emails to begin with.

I have three of their bags and will never buy another one.
I also bought one of these but the exterior plastic cracked after daily use in a year. How much did you pay to send it in for repair?
Removed by the RFD Moderation Team
Nov 26, 2014
127 posts
136 upvotes
Calgary
I forgot how much I paid for mine when MEC had it on sale but it’s a good backpack.

The two things I don’t like are stuffing books and binders is very tight. Plus you typically lose the side water bottle pocket. Then the pen/pouch organizer is a little flimsy. Would of been nice if it was a sturdier material.

I’ve been using it for over 5 years daily biking to work and it’s held up nice. A bit of the vinyl has broken off and some of the stitching on the shoulder strap underside has come undone but normal wear and tear.
Last edited by Aaaaaron on Jul 30th, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 28, 2012
6 posts
12 upvotes
OTTAWA
Last year, I used this as my main bag on my bike commute to work. This year, since I'm stuck WFH, it has been my go-to picnic bag and it's held up very nicely while carrying the following for a few hours at a time:

1) 12 beers and other liquids
2) Picnic blanket
3) Bluetooth speaker
4) Koozies in the side mesh (for drinking beers)
5) Snacks
6) Misc. items such as multi-tool and sanitizer

There's also a handy bottle opener on the shoulder strap for, you guessed it, drinking beers. Great bag that has held up so far!
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2049 posts
1650 upvotes
That is one Fugly laptop bag
Looks like a person is taking a year off to go find themselves with that thing
Sep 28, 2011
557 posts
230 upvotes
Alberta
djemzine wrote: Care to elaborate more on this?
I have a different Timbuk2 bag, and the water repellant layer is coming off all over the place. I contacted them for repair, they said they can only give me a credit to put toward a bag in their Toronto store. Unfortunately their store bags are pretty upmarket and I'd still have to shell out about $200 on top of the credit. Never again.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44071 posts
7593 upvotes
angrydingo wrote: I have a different Timbuk2 bag, and the water repellant layer is coming off all over the place. I contacted them for repair, they said they can only give me a credit to put toward a bag in their Toronto store. Unfortunately their store bags are pretty upmarket and I'd still have to shell out about $200 on top of the credit. Never again.
Thanks for confirming and it is very poor customer service on their end.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2054 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered this morning - tried to cancel and they definitely did not make it easy. Wasn’t supposed to deliver till aug 11 but for some reason it ‘shipped’ like 10min after I ordered.

I called them - no answer. Took 4 different contact attempts this morning. Finally got it cancelled but this felt concerning and now other complaints about their service make sense to me.
Dec 18, 2017
259 posts
190 upvotes
I have had this for last 3 years, bought it for a similar price. its holding up well and i think it was worth it.
Dec 12, 2013
84 posts
228 upvotes
Saw that the physical store in Toronto was having a sale and wanted to check it out. I went in there and saw 200 dollar bags on sale for 100 bucks with the quality of 30 dollar bags. I'm not sure why people shell out money for these bags, the only one that had remotely good quality was 250+.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2109 posts
520 upvotes
Alberta
I've got a couple things from Timbuk2.
Classic and Command messenger. Well made and well thought out.
CoPilot carry on roller. Simple but really functional. I'd be comfortable checking it in too.

That said, their backpack offerings, especially lately don't look very good. Too flashy and weirdly boxy for me.
Sep 28, 2011
557 posts
230 upvotes
Alberta
djemzine wrote: Thanks for confirming and it is very poor customer service on their end.
Funny thing is that I had contacted the company and asked them what model they would recommend for my uses (bicycle commuting all year) and bought it. The waterproof layer started coming off in year two and the whole thing looks ratty. And it’s just okay at keeping water out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)