• Jul 17th, 2019 1:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2637 posts
1240 upvotes
Pothole city

[Amazon.ca] Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner 181$ tx in

Tons of nice reviews on Amazon. Coupon 30$ for the Hero model 35$ for the master.
No tax for me in Qc. 229$ all in.

They compare this to the Dyson V8 Animal with added features like: led in front and removable battery.

NOW 181$ PRIMEDAY
Last edited by typer100 on Jul 16th, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2637 posts
1240 upvotes
Pothole city
Funny. Dyson threads are usually popular. This is better then a Dyson for half the money...
Nov 26, 2017
98 posts
90 upvotes
If you live near the US border and assuming there are parcel receiving services, I would suggest buying the A11 hero from Amazon.com. I got mine for $299 USD - $30 coupon - $35 code + $3.75 parcel fee = $237.75 USD or roughly $321 CAD

The A11 has an extra 100w of power, 2 batteries (which are both an additional 500mah each), and an updated charging dock that can charge both batteries at the same time.
Dec 27, 2017
268 posts
82 upvotes
What is Amazon's return policy if I simply don't like its performance?
I'd like to try this one, but wonder if it will be powerful enough and endure daily use.
Jun 25, 2006
184 posts
84 upvotes
Calgary
FWIW, my Dyson v6's battery lost its charge, got two new batteries from Amazon and both duds even though they charge. Switched to the Tineco A10 and it's been great. We use it daily for the cat, albeit only on LVP flooring, haven't tried on any carpet. Battery lasts long enough for my apartment, and I do like the floor stand since I try not to put screws into the wall (like the Dyson wall station). I think the best part for us is how easy it is to wash the filter, we rinse it maybe every week or so. I wouldn't watch a movie with this on, but at least I don't feel like going deaf.

I've seen some comparisons online, I think this is a good replacement for a v6, passable as a v8, not comparable to a v10.
Dec 27, 2017
268 posts
82 upvotes
AoiSora7 wrote: FWIW, my Dyson v6's battery lost its charge, got two new batteries from Amazon and both duds even though they charge. Switched to the Tineco A10 and it's been great. We use it daily for the cat, albeit only on LVP flooring, haven't tried on any carpet. Battery lasts long enough for my apartment, and I do like the floor stand since I try not to put screws into the wall (like the Dyson wall station). I think the best part for us is how easy it is to wash the filter, we rinse it maybe every week or so. I wouldn't watch a movie with this on, but at least I don't feel like going deaf.

I've seen some comparisons online, I think this is a good replacement for a v6, passable as a v8, not comparable to a v10.
Thanks. How long did you have it?
Our house is 1600 sqft with laminate and tile floors and vacuum is used daily, so a cordless would be excellent. My worry is the battery life and runtime with only one battery. The A10 Master with an extra battery is $150 more, which gets pricey. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1000 posts
468 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I wonder how this compares to the Shark dual-battery model?

Dyson's cordless vacs, as some may know, have been downgraded by consumer reports for poor reliability, although their performance is good.
Dec 1, 2003
159 posts
29 upvotes
Waterloo Region
I ordered one for my sister in January with the 2 batteries. She loves it.(Hero). Uses it daily. I bought a dyson v8 absolute on sale at Cdn tire for $549+ tax a few months before. Wish I would have reviewed this one sooner. The second battery would have been nice. I only get about 6 minutes on full power with my dyson then have to wait half a day to get it fully charged.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6798 posts
5677 upvotes
North York
typer100 wrote: Funny. Dyson threads are usually popular. This is better then a Dyson for half the money...
One is a "name brand", and when posted on here as Refurbished - still with 1 year limited warranty, it's $300-400 off, half price.
One is not such a "name brand", on sale for $30 off.

Better than a Dyson is alsto a bold claim on your end.
Nov 5, 2007
224 posts
38 upvotes
Hmm this might actually be a good first stick vacuum to try , instead of putting down $600-800 on a v10, which I was hoping it would go on sale/clearance soon
Nov 5, 2007
224 posts
38 upvotes
Just saw this on amazons lightning deal, down to $219 no coupons needed, master orange and grey also on sale for $335
Feb 26, 2011
692 posts
714 upvotes
Calgary
Probably great if you already have joined the Ryobi battery family but otherwise I don't see why you would use a power tool brand inside the house?