Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router, Smart WiFi Router - Next-Gen 802.11ax Router, Gigabit Router. $129.99

[OP]
Jul 24, 2002
21 posts
12 upvotes
Portage La Prairie

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router, Smart WiFi Router - Next-Gen 802.11ax Router, Gigabit Router. $129.99

$20 off newly introduced router.

I noticed the price drop as I bought it the day before it dropped $20. Returning it.
Not sure how long this will be discounted.

Let me know your thoughts about the quality of this router and how to improve this post. Been here several years and this my first post of this nature.
Last edited by cooey on Sep 26th, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"If it was really true wouldn't I have read about it somewhere?"
52 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1714 posts
1244 upvotes
... and please put PRICE on the title.

Thanks.
LIVE LONG and suffer ...

:arrow: PEACE :arrowl:

My Missus said " I don't tell you how to spend your $$, Don't tell me how to spend your $$."

++AGING is the price we all pay for LIVING++
Jun 9, 2013
400 posts
331 upvotes
Surrey
does this have MU-MIMO? amazon link says it doesnt, but official webpage says it does?
Nov 6, 2015
88 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is now a good time to buy routers or should we wait for Prime day/black Friday?
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12044 posts
19236 upvotes
deliciouscesar wrote: Is now a good time to buy routers or should we wait for Prime day/black Friday?
Always wait , this way you never need to buy anything
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1832 posts
1497 upvotes
Toronto
kjc123 wrote: does this have MU-MIMO? amazon link says it doesnt, but official webpage says it does?
I didn't see it mentioned on their website either, you seeing same model? Looks like they have 2x2 mu-mimo on Archer ax50, not on this ax20
deliciouscesar wrote: Is now a good time to buy routers or should we wait for Prime day/black Friday?
If you need one now, you need it now. If you can wait, it's always better to wait... However, I personally don't see much reason to buy a budget wifi6 router now. If you need one now, maybe getting a better wifi5 would make a bit more sense than a budget wifi6... You're paying a premium for something you won't be using.

Prime day may be a good option to buy eero. BF might give a good shake, but it you can wait, I'd wait for Wi-Fi 6E and see how it goes.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jun 9, 2013
400 posts
331 upvotes
Surrey
neonic wrote: I didn't see it mentioned on their website either, you seeing same model? Looks like they have 2x2 mu-mimo on Archer ax50, not on this ax20

If you need one now, you need it now. If you can wait, it's always better to wait... However, I personally don't see much reason to buy a budget wifi6 router now. If you need one now, maybe getting a better wifi5 would make a bit more sense than a budget wifi6... You're paying a premium for something you won't be using.

Prime day may be a good option to buy eero. BF might give a good shake, but it you can wait, I'd wait for Wi-Fi 6E and see how it goes.
its in the picture on the website, bestbuy also says it has it. but i think i will wait for now. wifi 6e is coming out soon probably next year, which will probably make wifi 6 very short lived and obsolete...
Feb 25, 2018
28 posts
32 upvotes
Is the range on this good? Currently running with the modem/router combo from Fido and would like to get more range.
Feb 22, 2018
180 posts
160 upvotes
gta
Seems p decent. Do routers even go on sale on black friday?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2654 posts
1447 upvotes
Victoria
Ordered one yesterday from The Source (same price minus $10 coupon) as I’m moving from a 1600 sq ft townhouse into a 2400 sq ft house. This will replace my TP-Link Archer C7. The AX20 is tentatively planned to support OneMesh, which I may need in the larger house, but I’ll try the router on its own first. Not interested in waiting for 6E as I need an upgrade now and the AX20 will no doubt be better than the C7.
[OP]
Jul 24, 2002
21 posts
12 upvotes
Portage La Prairie
Yes it’s a router for wifi and wired routing.
"If it was really true wouldn't I have read about it somewhere?"