Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

TP-Link Deco M9 Plus 3-Pack, Triband mesh router, $279 Sold by Amazon, ends in 10 hours!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 11:38 am
[OP]
Jul 15, 2009
275 posts
710 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link Deco M9 Plus 3-Pack, Triband mesh router, $279 Sold by Amazon, ends in 10 hours!

TP-Link Deco M9 Plus 3-Pack, $279 sold by Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07N1NZ99R?tag ... uage=en_CA
Thread Summary
If you're upgrading your WiFi, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best mesh routers!
13 replies
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1621 posts
2847 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Get this ? or find something with wifi 6
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16055 posts
20934 upvotes
Toronto
FrugalConsumer wrote: If anyone wants this switch for free. I live in downtown Toronto near Regent Park. I just upgraded to Ubiquiti setup and have no desire for unmanaged switches anymore.

Same model - TL-SG108. Used for about 2 years (plug and play) and was working before I decommissioned it.

PM Me otherwise i'd probably just toss it into the trash once i clean out my room.
ewaste should not go in the thrash

https://www.toronto.ca/services-payment ... nic-waste/

Electronics should never be put in the Blue Bin (recycling) or garbage. The City of Toronto collects unwanted electronics for free to ensure they are disposed of safely, recycled and kept out of landfill. Electronic items can be put out on garbage day for pickup, brought to a Drop-Off Depot or Community Environment Day or donated for reuse.
Destiny is all
Mar 31, 2013
338 posts
255 upvotes
Sherwood Park
kinz186 wrote: Border finally open??

Edit: nope, still closed until at least Sept 21st.
Probably not, and I don't live anywhere near the border :(
Oct 20, 2002
572 posts
28 upvotes
Kingston
I have a 2-pack of M9s and there is something that people should be aware of. They function quite well overall, providing a good signal and decent coverage. However, the M9s do not actually function as a proper mesh router.

The problem came when I bought 2 additional units to improve coverage in my home. It seems that the remote units (the ones not connected to your ISP modem) will only connect to the base (the one connected to your ISP modem) unless they can get no signal to the base - only then do they connect to a closer unit. So, for example, even if a remote unit is only getting 10 Mbps from the base whereas connecting to a different remote unit would be 100 Mbps it will still connect to the base! This is all automatic, and there is no manual override. There are long discussion threads in TP-Link's forums discussing this issue. There are vague promises of firmware updates in the future to address this, but it's been going on for well over a year with no resolution (and it also affects other models).

This was very problematic for my setup, leading me to ultimately return the two additional M9s I purchased. So depending on your setup, ymmv.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36153 posts
9414 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Mahawka wrote: Get this ? or find something with wifi 6
I wouldn’t buy this, you are better off getting an EAP245 for a third of the price. Just use the router from your ISP. Mesh sucks if there is no ethernet back haul

WiFi 6e is around the corner. If you need something now and it has to be WiFi 6, then get the EAP660

Honestly, how many WiFi 6 devices do you have? More importantly, are you going to those devices to download large files? If not, what is the advantage of WiFi 6 for you? Do you have hundreds of WiFi devices?

@FrugalConsumer

I will take the switch off your hands if you still want to get rid of it