Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TP-Link EAP225v3 AC1350 Wireless Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point, PoE Injector Included

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2021 9:50 am
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3149 posts
1952 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link EAP225v3 AC1350 Wireless Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point, PoE Injector Included

Great AP, the 245 AC1750 was just on sale recently and for those that dont need the extra RJ45 port on it theres this one.

Have this on my main floor of my 1800 sq home hanging from ceiling and works great. Initially bought 2 but one was great so gave second one to family member.

If you more than one in your home than it is recommended to get the Omada controller or have the software running on a server for fast roaming.
44 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
245 can also do up to 1300Mbps on 5GHz.
That and the added 1GbE port is worth the extra $$.
Best thing though, they can both run standalone (no controller, GUI instead) and both are POE.

-I have the 245 and run it in standalone, and use the 2nd port. the standalone GUI isn't the best (granular features) but it does the job, these are pretty much set it and forget it, so not much reason to keep going in there anwyay
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The only negative with these is that they’re not WIFI 6.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4967 posts
13387 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
I wonder how this will work with Bell Home Hub 3000
Oct 13, 2018
479 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
Andy34 wrote: The only negative with these is that they’re not WIFI 6.
You need wifi 6 clients to get any benefit of 6. There are barely any as of now.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
2Riskit wrote: I wonder how this will work with Bell Home Hub 3000
Works fine, you will just need to turn off the wifi on home hub. The TP Link only does WiFi, everything else like routing etc will still be done by your home hub.

These are great access points, have them for more than a year.
Buy now
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
My dad has a couple of these working in standalone mode (he bought the controller but hasn't set it up yet). Work reasonably well, don't expect anything magical out of them but hard to beat the bang per buck.
TusharN30757 wrote: You need wifi 6 clients to get any benefit of 6. There are barely any as of now.
Depends. My GF's iPhone and iPad are both Wifi6.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TusharN30757 wrote: You need wifi 6 clients to get any benefit of 6. There are barely any as of now.
We have two laptops in our house with Wifi 6. Most laptops now have them, as do new phones, so if you’re planning on keeping the AP for more than a couple of years it’s definitely something to consider.
Last edited by Andy34 on Jun 18th, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1338 posts
1411 upvotes
That’s no longer accurate. There is barely any 6E
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4967 posts
13387 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
fizz1234 wrote: Works fine, you will just need to turn off the wifi on home hub. The TP Link only does WiFi, everything else like routing etc will still be done by your home hub.

These are great access points, have them for more than a year.
how will this effect my Bell TV Boxes,
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
2Riskit wrote: how will this effect my Bell TV Boxes,
No difference, since this is just acting as an access point. I'm assuming the boxes are already on WiFi.
Buy now
Oct 13, 2018
479 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
Let me rephrase it, there are clients which have 6 and not 6e. 6 operates on 2.4ghz and 5ghz and not 6ghz. You are not going to see any real world difference with an upgrade to 12 streams instead of 8 streams.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
soupmaster666 wrote: This AP can be managed without the cloud features if you so choose:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuratio ... onId=21103

As for WiFi 6 - the last couple generations of Samsung and Apple phones support it, but really for your average user it's not likely to provide much benefit. The most substantial difference will be in (pre-pandemic) highly crowded areas like stadiums, lecture halls, food courts, stuff like that where there are multiple dozens of devices on a single access point.
And the speed boost, although if you’re just streaming and browsing the web then it won’t make much of a difference. For anyone moving data around, it will.
Nov 21, 2018
452 posts
651 upvotes
Mission, BC
Cheers, I still have three more $20 off coupons with Amazon so this came in handy!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
Our phones and MacBooks are, and really, if you are just staying with what you’ve got, I get it, but any new purchases in the next year will increasingly support it.
Aug 26, 2018
176 posts
241 upvotes
For the price and performance you're getting, this is an incredible value. This access point is miles better than the ISP supplied wifi or consumer grade stuff that is sold at big box electronics stores. These AP's support VLANs', fast roaming, DFS, etc... along with a whole host of other advanced features through the Omada controller. They also support mesh networking, AP mode, and can also be installed in stand alone (dumb) AP mode just as the poster did. TP Link small business line is comparable to Ubiquiti Unifi but at a much cheaper price. In general you also get much longer support on business grade equipment, firmware updates that actually improve performance over time and add features, as well as regular security updates compared to consumer grade equipment. This is literally a no brainer for the price just buy it.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2205 posts
1124 upvotes
Noob questions

If I have a non-TP link router, can I still use this as an access point to expand my wifi network? Can SSID be same as router (presumably can't mesh since router is not TP Link)? Backhaul can be wireless, right?

If I get the deco M5 or m9, can they mesh together?

Edit: Found most of my answers in an earlier thread.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-ca-tp-link-omada-ac1350-wireless-gigabit-ceiling-mount-access-point-eap225-v3-63-10-2426538/
Last edited by manho on Jun 18th, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3149 posts
1952 upvotes
GTA
Iluvdeals2018 wrote: For the price and performance you're getting, this is an incredible value. This access point is miles better than the ISP supplied wifi or consumer grade stuff that is sold at big box electronics stores. These AP's support VLANs', fast roaming, DFS, etc... along with a whole host of other advanced features through the Omada controller. They also support mesh networking, AP mode, and can also be installed in stand alone (dumb) AP mode just as the poster did. TP Link small business line is comparable to Ubiquiti Unifi but at a much cheaper price. In general you also get much longer support on business grade equipment, firmware updates that actually improve performance over time and add features, as well as regular security updates compared to consumer grade equipment. This is literally a no brainer for the price just buy it.
Exactly my thoughts now having one, at first I didn't know if I needed one, as I have a nighthawk router but after asking questions and someone posted like you with "you wont regret it " I got 2. Running one was getting me signal all over the house and on the properly, I had to actually turn down my signal on the 2.4 side. Didn't need the second and gave it away to a family member.

As you can see from the thread many don't like it as it doesn't have wifi 6 with it, I cant comment as i'm happy with how its working with what i'm running so far.

EDIT: nighthawk now just router to my internet modem and a disabled the wifi on it (running DD-WRT)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)