Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TP-Link EAP245 V3 AC1750 PoE Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point(Warm)$89.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 1:31 am
Jul 20, 2011
322 posts
312 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link EAP245 V3 AC1750 PoE Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point(Warm)$89.99

Bought this wireless access point and a Cat6 flat Ethernet cable. wireless signal coverage improved a lot, and the speed is much faster than my Tp-link AC2600 v1 router's wireless connection whne compared side by side.
It's enterprise level access point, a lot functions supported such as VLAN, QoS, wireless portal, MAC filtering and SNMP.
the package has PoE injector included, you can use it to create a PoE port for connecting the access point, installation is very easy with Omada app.
Regular price $97.98 since Jun 2019, the lowest price $84.99 on Apr7, 2020.
18 replies
Dec 4, 2017
448 posts
614 upvotes
Whitby
This or the google router with 2 access points?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
MrMello wrote: This or the google router with 2 access points?
Are the AP's wired or wireless? Wired usually better
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Ccc notified around $81 few days ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1518 posts
703 upvotes
Victoria
Would this pair reasonably well with a Archer C2600? Specifically looking for something that would not need wired backhaul, and from the megathread maybe this is not it, but some reference that maybe it was introduced via firmware? I don't need seamless roaming either, just something to cover the deadspots in the house. if this is not it, thoughts on something to extend existing SSID?
Jul 20, 2011
322 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
MikeyCanuck wrote: Would this pair reasonably well with a Archer C2600? Specifically looking for something that would not need wired backhaul, and from the megathread maybe this is not it, but some reference that maybe it was introduced via firmware? I don't need seamless roaming either, just something to cover the deadspots in the house. if this is not it, thoughts on something to extend existing SSID?
this AP is business level device which is not designed for operating at wireless repeater mode, although some SOHO APs do.
DD-WRT or OpenWRT firmware insalled routers or some routers with original firmware can be configured as wireless repeater, the trade off of convenience is you loose half of the wireless bandwidth, since the repeater has to communicate to both the upside router and the downside clients. pull a flat wire along the wall or ceiling not beautiful but reliable and faster.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
3222 posts
1908 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks op got one
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jokerpersona wrote: Would this be an upgrade to my eap225s?
Not really. Look at a nanopi r2s for routing these as aps. Hard to beat.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1518 posts
703 upvotes
Victoria
linuxfan wrote: this AP is business level device which is not designed for operating at wireless repeater mode, although some SOHO APs do.
DD-WRT or OpenWRT firmware insalled routers or some routers with original firmware can be configured as wireless repeater, the trade off of convenience is you loose half of the wireless bandwidth, since the repeater has to communicate to both the upside router and the downside clients. pull a flat wire along the wall or ceiling not beautiful but reliable and faster.
I understand I'd lose some bandwidth with a wireless repeater, but I'm not that concerned. I'll keep digging on repeater vs. mesh options. I was just hoping not to dump the AC2600 and go for a full on mesh system. I don't really feel like I have enough dead spots to warrant the spend at this time.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
Ordered one to handle all my wifi from a central 2nd floor location. My bell home hub 3000 in the basement doesnt have the reach I need.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Jun 4, 2018
323 posts
212 upvotes
prod wrote: Ordered one to handle all my wifi from a central 2nd floor location. My bell home hub 3000 in the basement doesnt have the reach I need.
Does your bell 3000 have drop out issues when you have 25+ devices connected? I am wondering if I should upgrade my router or check if it's an issue with some of my devices.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
AlexS37855 wrote: Does your bell 3000 have drop out issues when you have 25+ devices connected? I am wondering if I should upgrade my router or check if it's an issue with some of my devices.
I average 10 clients, max 15, so I havent seen a problem there. My issue is the hub is wired in the basement and wont cover some of the second floor bedrooms or out in the yard.
Im going to try this AP located in a second floor closet firing down with wired backhaul to the HH3000, hopefully I can turn off the hubs wifi entirely to avoid switching.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1942 posts
1746 upvotes
Center of the univer…
AlexS37855 wrote: Does your bell 3000 have drop out issues when you have 25+ devices connected? I am wondering if I should upgrade my router or check if it's an issue with some of my devices.
I have 35 devices on home hub and don't see any issues, but I do need an AP as I don't get coverage from the basement to the master bedroom on the top floor.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3529 upvotes
The HH3000 sucks at routing, period. I have a TP-Link C4000 to do all the routing, and Deco M4 as wireless AP nodes. On a Bell fiber connection with 500/500, all my 25-30 devices get good coverage and tablets, laptops, phones get 300-350Mbps reliably.

Home networking is really an investment but luckily my house has ethernet cabling on all floors.

These enterprise AP's are good if you want to tinker/tweak, but the Deco M4's served their purpose for me. I'm not sure if the builder put in cabling that's good for PoE, but if I were to do a home reno I would redo and run more cables, and set up PoE for AP's like this.
Jun 4, 2018
323 posts
212 upvotes
bhrm wrote: The HH3000 sucks at routing, period. I have a TP-Link C4000 to do all the routing, and Deco M4 as wireless AP nodes. On a Bell fiber connection with 500/500, all my 25-30 devices get good coverage and tablets, laptops, phones get 300-350Mbps reliably.

Home networking is really an investment but luckily my house has ethernet cabling on all floors.

These enterprise AP's are good if you want to tinker/tweak, but the Deco M4's served their purpose for me. I'm not sure if the builder put in cabling that's good for PoE, but if I were to do a home reno I would redo and run more cables, and set up PoE for AP's like this.
Well, in my experience the bell one is better than the Rogers router they gave me....
I currently have the router on the first floor since they are too lazy to run the wires and just drilled a hole cloest to the fiber cable from the street. Speeds are not great but usable for me. Sometimes multiple devices would drop out and also the feed from my only wifi camera is pretty unreliable(replacing it with a POE cam later in the year). I am wondering if its worth my hassle to try to put a switch and run two cables from the attic to the router since my Rogers router would be on the other side of the house if I decided to switch back.

Also, can someone tell me the difference between using APs and using routers as APs? I am thinking whether I should just get a TP link C7 to start and maybe add additional C7s or APs down the road if the coverage is not great. And for APs, what's the difference between the ones mentioned above? They all seem to be from TPLINK and price seems pretty close to each other

TIA
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
MrMello wrote: This or the google router with 2 access points?
All depends on your ability to install these units. They are designed to mounted up on the wall.

Google AP units are designed to be placed across the room, and they probably have beamforming enabled, which can allow you to have 360 degree of coverage. This will cover what's underneath is very strongly and given these are APs, they will be limited in 'range' so that they dont interfere with other APs.

Different use cases have different antenna designs. Enterprise-grade hardware is typically limited in 'bandwidth', but designed more for 'reliability' of connection and depends on multiple of these working together through a controller to provide you with proper experience.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3529 upvotes
AlexS37855 wrote: Well, in my experience the bell one is better than the Rogers router they gave me....
I currently have the router on the first floor since they are too lazy to run the wires and just drilled a hole cloest to the fiber cable from the street. Speeds are not great but usable for me. Sometimes multiple devices would drop out and also the feed from my only wifi camera is pretty unreliable(replacing it with a POE cam later in the year). I am wondering if its worth my hassle to try to put a switch and run two cables from the attic to the router since my Rogers router would be on the other side of the house if I decided to switch back.

Also, can someone tell me the difference between using APs and using routers as APs? I am thinking whether I should just get a TP link C7 to start and maybe add additional C7s or APs down the road if the coverage is not great. And for APs, what's the difference between the ones mentioned above? They all seem to be from TPLINK and price seems pretty close to each other

TIA
The HH3000 does have better wifi signal than the Rogers one.

Running cables is definitely worth the hassle, of course, only if you intend to live in the house long term. The difference between mesh systems and APs, some mesh nodes aren't that fast because some rely on using half of a wireless band to connect to other nodes OR ideally you connect the nodes with ethernet in between, which is what the EAP is.

The EAP provides more control, and runs on PoE which is one less cable to worry about.

You can get routers to be in AP mode but the advantage of a mesh system is seamless roaming between APs. Using routers as APs, you'll need to name them individually which for someone is fine and for others a little annoying.