Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link EAP245 V3 AC1750 PoE Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point(Warm)$89.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 1:31 am
[OP]
Member
Jul 20, 2011
228 posts
238 upvotes
NORTH YORK

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link EAP245 V3 AC1750 PoE Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point(Warm)$89.99

Bought this wireless access point and a Cat6 flat Ethernet cable. wireless signal coverage improved a lot, and the speed is much faster than my Tp-link AC2600 v1 router's wireless connection whne compared side by side.
It's enterprise level access point, a lot functions supported such as VLAN, QoS, wireless portal, MAC filtering and SNMP.
the package has PoE injector included, you can use it to create a PoE port for connecting the access point, installation is very easy with Omada app.
Regular price $97.98 since Jun 2019, the lowest price $84.99 on Apr7, 2020.
18 replies
Jr. Member
Dec 4, 2017
162 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto-ON
This or the google router with 2 access points?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3148 posts
1183 upvotes
Ottawa
MrMello wrote: This or the google router with 2 access points?
Are the AP's wired or wireless? Wired usually better
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2148 posts
373 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Ccc notified around $81 few days ago.
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2004
929 posts
230 upvotes
Victoria
Would this pair reasonably well with a Archer C2600? Specifically looking for something that would not need wired backhaul, and from the megathread maybe this is not it, but some reference that maybe it was introduced via firmware? I don't need seamless roaming either, just something to cover the deadspots in the house. if this is not it, thoughts on something to extend existing SSID?
[OP]
Member
Jul 20, 2011
228 posts
238 upvotes
NORTH YORK
MikeyCanuck wrote: Would this pair reasonably well with a Archer C2600? Specifically looking for something that would not need wired backhaul, and from the megathread maybe this is not it, but some reference that maybe it was introduced via firmware? I don't need seamless roaming either, just something to cover the deadspots in the house. if this is not it, thoughts on something to extend existing SSID?
this AP is business level device which is not designed for operating at wireless repeater mode, although some SOHO APs do.
DD-WRT or OpenWRT firmware insalled routers or some routers with original firmware can be configured as wireless repeater, the trade off of convenience is you loose half of the wireless bandwidth, since the repeater has to communicate to both the upside router and the downside clients. pull a flat wire along the wall or ceiling not beautiful but reliable and faster.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2493 posts
1130 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks op got one
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
9687 posts
2220 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jokerpersona wrote: Would this be an upgrade to my eap225s?
Not really. Look at a nanopi r2s for routing these as aps. Hard to beat.
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2004
929 posts
230 upvotes
Victoria
linuxfan wrote: this AP is business level device which is not designed for operating at wireless repeater mode, although some SOHO APs do.
DD-WRT or OpenWRT firmware insalled routers or some routers with original firmware can be configured as wireless repeater, the trade off of convenience is you loose half of the wireless bandwidth, since the repeater has to communicate to both the upside router and the downside clients. pull a flat wire along the wall or ceiling not beautiful but reliable and faster.
I understand I'd lose some bandwidth with a wireless repeater, but I'm not that concerned. I'll keep digging on repeater vs. mesh options. I was just hoping not to dump the AC2600 and go for a full on mesh system. I don't really feel like I have enough dead spots to warrant the spend at this time.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2002
3521 posts
735 upvotes
Brampton
Ordered one to handle all my wifi from a central 2nd floor location. My bell home hub 3000 in the basement doesnt have the reach I need.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Member
Jun 4, 2018
242 posts
125 upvotes
prod wrote: Ordered one to handle all my wifi from a central 2nd floor location. My bell home hub 3000 in the basement doesnt have the reach I need.
Does your bell 3000 have drop out issues when you have 25+ devices connected? I am wondering if I should upgrade my router or check if it's an issue with some of my devices.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2002
3521 posts
735 upvotes
Brampton
AlexS37855 wrote: Does your bell 3000 have drop out issues when you have 25+ devices connected? I am wondering if I should upgrade my router or check if it's an issue with some of my devices.
I average 10 clients, max 15, so I havent seen a problem there. My issue is the hub is wired in the basement and wont cover some of the second floor bedrooms or out in the yard.
Im going to try this AP located in a second floor closet firing down with wired backhaul to the HH3000, hopefully I can turn off the hubs wifi entirely to avoid switching.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1547 posts
615 upvotes
Center of the univer…
AlexS37855 wrote: Does your bell 3000 have drop out issues when you have 25+ devices connected? I am wondering if I should upgrade my router or check if it's an issue with some of my devices.
I have 35 devices on home hub and don't see any issues, but I do need an AP as I don't get coverage from the basement to the master bedroom on the top floor.

Top