Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link EAP245v3 AC1750 Wireless Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point, PoE Injector Included $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2021 9:14 am
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1362 posts
404 upvotes
fyrebug wrote: Can you mix a 225 and 245 or does that cause problems?
Yes you can, i have 2x225 and a 245
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4796 posts
2159 upvotes
GTA
bargain man wrote: I have been using 2 of these for the past 4-5 months with the omada controller running in a docker container on a raspberry pi.

I can't seem to get reliable wifi-calling working on my network. My phone sees full wifi signal and still decides to drop down to cellular (I only ever have 1-2 bars of cell reception where I live). Whenever this happens, my call drops which is quite frustrating. My phone's reception is brutal and wifi-calling would be highly appreciated. Anyone else have any issues with wifi-calling using these APs?
I don't know what phone you have but if you're at home, a better option might be to just enable airplane mode but turn wifi on. It should force wifi calling on.

you'd have to turn airplane mode off every time you leave the house
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1144 posts
947 upvotes
Moncton
Dave98 wrote: I don't know what phone you have but if you're at home, a better option might be to just enable airplane mode but turn wifi on. It should force wifi calling on.

you'd have to turn airplane mode off every time you leave the house
I'd second this (or something similar). Not switching to wifi calling wouldn't be an issue with the AP, it's dependent on what level the phone decides to switch over at.

On my phone the wifi calling setting has a "mobile preferred" description which sounds promising, but I can't find an option to change that to "wifi preferred".

Bottom line... if your phone thinks the cell network is good enough it'll default to that.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240